Author Topic: 202x Coaching Carousel  (Read 90834 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 202x Coaching Carousel
« Reply #575 on: January 13, 2022, 10:08:54 PM »
What's this I heard about Matt Cambell to be HC of the Vikings.  Last game he was seen walking the sidelines.  The Athletic is reporting this speculation.

This sounds like bullshit to me but it's worth noting that it's also rumored his defensive coordinator is going to Notre Dame. I don't believe any Iowa State rumor, it's hard for me to believe that now these guys are in demand. Seems like they didn't strike when the iron was hot.

Transfer portal should be highly entertaining if this happens.

There's not much there, a couple of defensive guys who could change their minds and declare for the draft.

Is Hall sticking around?

No

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 13, 2022, 10:24:28 PM »
Given how much you see his name out there, Campbell must have a pretty sleazy agent.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 13, 2022, 10:51:51 PM »
Given how much you see his name out there, Campbell must have a pretty sleazy agent.

He doesn't have one. There is a thought here that he isn't feeding his name for all of these jobs but it's national CFB media doing it. I didn't believe that until he was tied to USC job. That was complete bullshit, they never contacted him, but there were reports that he took the job, literally minutes later they hired Lincoln Riley.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 13, 2022, 11:02:40 PM »
Not having an agent seems pretty dumb

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 14, 2022, 08:28:24 AM »
They have recently had some legit recruits choose ISU over KSU and others.  I think they would have to go to portal if they already signed.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 14, 2022, 08:32:33 AM »
Not having an agent seems pretty dumb

Yea I don’t understand that at all, seems wildly irresponsible.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 14, 2022, 10:33:46 AM »
Not having an agent is a 100% dumb guy who thinks he’s smart thing:

Other famous examples:
Curt Schilling
Bob Knight
Ricky Williams
Jim Harbaugh

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 14, 2022, 10:58:35 AM »

Other famous examples:
Curt Schilling
Bob Knight
Ricky Williams
Jim Harbaugh

Lamar Jackson

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 14, 2022, 11:15:08 AM »
Matt Campbell's name is mentioned so often in job search news, including when teams are publicly denying their interest in him, I have no other choice but to conclude that it is Matt Campbell himself leaking false stories about Matt Cambell.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 14, 2022, 02:30:19 PM »

Other famous examples:
Curt Schilling
Bob Knight
Ricky Williams
Jim Harbaugh

Lamar Jackson

He does have an agent, just not a licenced one. His mother can focus on all that crap and he can focus on other stuff. Also NFL salaries, especially for superstars, are mostly prescriptive.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: January 14, 2022, 02:55:31 PM »

Other famous examples:
Curt Schilling
Bob Knight
Ricky Williams
Jim Harbaugh

Lamar Jackson

He does have an agent, just not a licenced one. His mother can focus on all that crap and he can focus on other stuff. Also NFL salaries, especially for superstars, are mostly prescriptive.
I think a mom would at least have fiduciary duty’s, but Ricky Williams signed one of the worst contracts of all time as a first rounder and then signed another one when his agent was Master P or some crap that was even worse although he had been out of the league I think. I may have the order wrong here.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 14, 2022, 03:19:12 PM »

Other famous examples:
Curt Schilling
Bob Knight
Ricky Williams
Jim Harbaugh

Lamar Jackson

yeah I don't count his mom w/ no experience managing athletes. I know next to nothing about the field but I imagine a manager does a hell of a lot more than negotiate a contract every 5-7 years. Having someone on your side with contacts in the advertising field, helping their clients w portfolio managers etc...
I'm sure his mom is a great lady and has his best interests at heart, doesn't mean she's qualified or is actually helping him promote himself. But maybe she is super qualified and great at it, I dunno. Don't see him getting much, if any, exposure via commercials and the like. I'd think one of the superstars of the league would be pulling at least a few ads here and there.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 14, 2022, 03:20:45 PM »

Other famous examples:
Curt Schilling
Bob Knight
Ricky Williams
Jim Harbaugh

Lamar Jackson

yeah I don't count his mom w/ no experience managing athletes. I know next to nothing about the field but I imagine a manager does a hell of a lot more than negotiate a contract every 5-7 years. Having someone on your side with contacts in the advertising field, helping their clients w portfolio managers etc...
I'm sure his mom is a great lady and has his best interests at heart, doesn't mean she's qualified or is actually helping him promote himself. But maybe she is super qualified and great at it, I dunno. Don't see him getting much, if any, exposure via commercials and the like. I'd think one of the superstars of the league would be pulling at least a few ads here and there.

also mixing family and business is almost always a bad idea, can attest to this first hand.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 14, 2022, 04:13:23 PM »

Other famous examples:
Curt Schilling
Bob Knight
Ricky Williams
Jim Harbaugh

Lamar Jackson

also mixing family and business is almost always a bad idea, can attest to this first hand.

My family has a very positive experience with it but I think probably small towns and especially farm/ranch stuff is an assumed exception.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 14, 2022, 06:44:56 PM »

Other famous examples:
Curt Schilling
Bob Knight
Ricky Williams
Jim Harbaugh

Lamar Jackson

It's his mother, not some long lost second cousin.

He's about to sign a $40 million per year contract. I think the decision to use her worked out just fine

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 15, 2022, 10:51:50 AM »
Did Snyder ever have an agent? I'm going to assume no but I honestly have no idea.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 15, 2022, 12:09:00 PM »
Did Snyder ever have an agent? I'm going to assume no but I honestly have no idea.
If he didn’t then he was a master negotiator for all the special clauses and carve outs.  He definitely had a tax advisor because he deferred compensation multiple times.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 19, 2022, 12:31:42 PM »
Seems like a step back.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #594 on: January 19, 2022, 12:38:56 PM »
HEYY OH

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 19, 2022, 12:43:19 PM »
He will coach from a Bacta Tank so no one can see him sweat

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 19, 2022, 01:16:14 PM »
HEYY OH

Thank you thank you. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to hug your children and kiss your wife!

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 30, 2022, 09:33:17 AM »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 14, 2022, 08:46:01 PM »