Author Topic: The riot to reform police thread  (Read 109463 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The riot to reform police thread
« Reply #1325 on: August 04, 2020, 04:05:55 PM »
Pointing a gun at a little kid and making them lay down cuffed on hot asphalt is trivial?

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 04, 2020, 04:10:01 PM »
Pointing a gun at a little kid and making them lay down cuffed on hot asphalt is trivial?

Read again. It’s a bit rambling, but the point is clear.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 04, 2020, 04:18:06 PM »

https://twitter.com/colinenpraxis/status/1290527556802711553?s=20

Jmo, but people screaming about trivial crap that doesn’t matter takes away from real bad crap like this that actually matters and needs to stop like yesterday.

Edit to add that coddled, far left white kids usurping necessary and justified protests calling for an end to police brutality makes it harder for the message that needs to be heard as well.

What are examples of trivial crap people are screaming about and what are some protests that aren't justified?

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 04, 2020, 05:05:30 PM »
I’ll try to answer more thoroughly when I have more time later today, but just as a quick example, I think kid calling out sweaty Gary for his N-bomb fits here.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 04, 2020, 11:38:37 PM »

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 04, 2020, 11:42:36 PM »
we can only fix one problem at a time?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 04, 2020, 11:55:33 PM »
I’ll try to answer more thoroughly when I have more time later today, but just as a quick example, I think kid calling out sweaty Gary for his N-bomb fits here.

I think the sweaty gary thing was discussed and handled appropriately. AFAIK it didn't get any major media attention and made for an interesting discussion on the football board and seems to have been handled at TCU.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article244688892.html

it certainly took zero attention from what happened in colorado

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 05, 2020, 12:36:47 AM »
Imo when every little thing is treated as some huge deal, then things like police brutality and cops killing people have a greater opportunity to get lost in the noise.

JFC, rusty. Gary’s deal isn’t important, and I never claimed that that single deal took away from any real progress. But take the Gary thing and then add a bazillion other things of similar (little) consequence that people are clamoring about, and I believe that it detrimental.

You may not. That’s fine.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 05, 2020, 12:39:31 AM »
we can only fix one problem at a time?

I never said that. I’d also add that a lot of the crap getting run on social
Media, and to a lesser extent headlines aren’t even real problems at all.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 05, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »
https://news.gallup.com/poll/316571/black-americans-police-retain-local-presence.aspx?utm_source=tagrss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syndication

Tbh not all that interesting in that alot of it seems like it's generally understood, but I guess is good to check your assumptions/understanding.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/315962/americans-say-policing-needs-major-changes.aspx

I think this one is more interesting. Like I didn't expect Asian Americans to be more about abolishing the police or that 15% thought it was a good idea.

very interesting.  most of those are about what i'd have expected, except basically all of the asian stuff.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: August 05, 2020, 10:55:04 PM »
What, no dramatic police raid with warrants?

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/husband-of-l-a-county-da-jackie-lacey-to-face-charges-after-waving-gun-at-protesters/

Notice here, unlike in Missouri, three partisan governor didn't get involved in a local case. Those crackers literally did the same crap. I wonder why MAGQ aren't caping up for these people.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 05, 2020, 10:58:12 PM »

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/husband-of-l-a-county-da-jackie-lacey-to-face-charges-after-waving-gun-at-protesters/

Notice here, unlike in Missouri, three partisan governor didn't get involved in a local case. Those crackers literally did the same crap. I wonder why MAGQ aren't caping up for these people.

Oh, I would never expect the ProgFascits Leadership in California to step up for a prosecutor, particularly when the Marxist BLM is involved.

WGAF if the prosecutor had been receiving death threats and those people were trespassing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 05, 2020, 11:01:16 PM »

Oh, I would never expect the ProgFascits Leadership in California to step up for a prosecutor, particularly when the Marxist BLM is involved.

WGAF if the prosecutor had been receiving death threats and those people were trespassing.

I'm sure you and your friends are all over the place advocating for these people, I'm certain you aren't only defending these nice black people in here to troll.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 05, 2020, 11:05:55 PM »

I'm sure you and your friends are all over the place advocating for these people, I'm certain you aren't only defending these nice black people in here to troll.

I'm sure they're very nice people and BLM was trespassing (as usual)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: August 10, 2020, 10:00:25 PM »
Dax posted this because he thinks all black people think alike and he's astounded that there's a diversity in opinions amongst us. It's why he got so horned up about the Biden quote, it was self-affirming.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: August 11, 2020, 07:08:56 AM »
Dax posted this because he thinks all black people think alike and he's astounded that there's a diversity in opinions amongst us. It's why he got so horned up about the Biden quote, it was self-affirming.
No dipshit.  It’s white liberals that think all black people think alike. 

Is there anyone that is as consistently wrong as you on this board? 

No, no there isn’t. 

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 12, 2020, 02:55:22 AM »
 All gas no brakes on the scene. DGAF if luked.

[youtube] [/youtube]

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 12, 2020, 08:34:54 AM »

No, no there isn’t.

Dax is functionally unable to process the fact that the Democratic party is not a monolith

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 12, 2020, 08:36:06 AM »

No, no there isn’t.

Dax is functionally unable to process the fact that the Democratic party is not a monolith

People like you and board lunatic use that tact as the standard tap out.

It's sad.

Inside very progressive . . . is a fascist trying to get out.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 12, 2020, 08:41:21 AM »

No, no there isn’t.

It's sad.

great counterpoint

i find it fascinating that you are unable to communicate with actual human being and instead rely on an argumentative approach in which you pre-suppose everyone elses beliefs and opinions

would be interested in a psychological/sociological analysis of what made you like this

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 12, 2020, 08:54:18 AM »

No, no there isn’t.

It's sad.

great counterpoint

i find it fascinating that you are unable to communicate with actual human being and instead rely on an argumentative approach in which you pre-suppose everyone elses beliefs and opinions

would be interested in a psychological/sociological analysis of what made you like this

First of all Lick, it's awesome that you assume all the community leaders lobbying for a greater police presence in minority communities are Democrats, I mean  :lol:

I'll leave any discussion of your blanket statement assertions about me for another discussion.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 20, 2020, 12:43:19 PM »
I'm glad the Feds pulled out of their 2 block "occupation" of the entire City of Portland, and because of the Feds relinquishing most of the security around the entire city the 2 blocks of Portland the rioters (rioting because the Feds were occupying the whole of Portland) have calmed down.

My only concern now is for the mommies of the YLF who have been at the forefront of protecting their precious middle and upper middle class lil babies from the occupiers.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 20, 2020, 03:46:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1295235403847368704

Jfc. What is wrong w/ the world?

According to report I heard on KFH (Wichita) radio this morning, there is a few layers to this story.

Guy who got kicked now claiming the incident started when after stopping at the Portland version of QT for a soda, he and his gf noticed a group of protestors threatening and then eventually beating and robbing a fellow protestor.

Guy who got kicked claims the victim of the beating/robbing was a trans woman (former man, I think), and when he stepped in to stop the incident the other BLMs turned their focus on him and his gf.

Guy says they got in their SUV to drive away, but we’re followed and surrounded by the kicking crew. Says he attempted to flee by hitting the gas hoping they would get out of the way. They didn’t. He stopped and then all the stuff outside of the car happened.

Guy also claims to have been a participant in BLM protests as well, because as a felon and multi time misdemeanor offender he’s been beaten and roughed up by police as well.

All this info is from the radio snippet I heard this morning.

Edit: apparently the guy or gf I dunno who was driving, crashed into a tree

« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 03:52:16 PM by nicname »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 21, 2020, 12:28:19 PM »
Lightfoot . . . another LibDerp mayor who is going to make sure everyone but her neighborhood gets the protesters.