Poll

POLL: Which example best fits you?

I don't step outside of my home w/out one. All mask all the time, even in my car.
0 (0%)
I wear a mask when entering any public use buildings, other's homes or approaching people.
13 (36.1%)
I wear a mask if I feel it will be difficult to remain "social distanced" for a period of time. Ex. Chipotle, grocery store, etc.
18 (50%)
eff a mask.
5 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: May 08, 2020, 01:37:45 PM

Author Topic: What type of a mask wearer are you?  (Read 13633 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: What type of a mask wearer are you?
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2020, 01:01:07 AM »
I also want to know what medical condition doctors would recommend you not wear a mask with... Feel free to chime in, Bqqkie.

if you're wearing a real respirator or even just a properly fit n95, it does make it a fair bit more difficult to breathe.  it's hard to imagine that a surgical mask or some homemade equivalent has any real effect.

no idea of the increased effort to breathe is just uncomfortable or if it could actually be dangerous or harmful to someone with asthma or something.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2020, 03:32:47 AM »
I also want to know what medical condition doctors would recommend you not wear a mask with... Feel free to chime in, Bqqkie.

if you're wearing a real respirator or even just a properly fit n95, it does make it a fair bit more difficult to breathe.  it's hard to imagine that a surgical mask or some homemade equivalent has any real effect.

no idea of the increased effort to breathe is just uncomfortable or if it could actually be dangerous or harmful to someone with asthma or something.

I wore eyeglasses with my mask today for the first time and it was very humid today. The bitches kept fogging up, impeding my ability to see. This seems like as dangerous as any other health risk out there. I almost ran into the banana display.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2020, 07:00:09 PM »

High blood pressure and asthma are two that I know of off the top of my head.

bears are fast...

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2020, 07:42:41 PM »
I wore eyeglasses with my mask today for the first time and it was very humid today. The bitches kept fogging up, impeding my ability to see. This seems like as dangerous as any other health risk out there. I almost ran into the banana display.

yeah, it's a huge pain in the ass.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2020, 07:55:07 PM »
N95 mask wearer

And yes, impossible to wear with glasses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2020, 09:28:34 PM »
I don't think an N95 would fog up your glasses if you had it on properly.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2020, 10:52:03 PM »
it totally does.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2020, 11:01:30 PM »

If you can't find a facial covering that works for you, you're not really trying. You don't have to wear an N-95 or other respirator. Just something that will prevent your cough or sneeze from travelling 20 feet. You and Karen are both aware that that's just ADA troll nonsense.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2020, 11:04:48 PM »
it totally does.

How do you have a proper seal if your exhalations are coming up between your cheeks and the mask?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2020, 11:20:53 PM »
a.  the front of the mask isn't that far from your glasses either and the exhalation is presumably slowed vs normal respiration velocity
b.  it's a rough ridin' cheap metal strip that fits on your nose.  the idea that it actually forms a seal for longer than the first time you move your face is pretty much a joke.  if you really want a seal, wear a respirator.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2020, 01:50:05 AM »

a.  the front of the mask isn't that far from your glasses either and the exhalation is presumably slowed vs normal respiration velocity
b.  it's a rough ridin' cheap metal strip that fits on your nose.  the idea that it actually forms a seal for longer than the first time you move your face is pretty much a joke.  if you really want a seal, wear a respirator.

Makes sense. And yeah they're supposed to be single use for reason b.

Still guessing cire's wearing it wrong

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2020, 04:21:15 AM »

If you can't find a facial covering that works for you, you're not really trying. You don't have to wear an N-95 or other respirator. Just something that will prevent your cough or sneeze from travelling 20 feet. You and Karen are both aware that that's just ADA troll nonsense.

Correct. I’m not even trying...  like, AT ALL.

Guess why?  I have zero rough ridin' intention of wearing any facial covering.

bears are fast...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2020, 10:19:06 AM »

unless someone makes you

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2020, 10:52:26 AM »

unless someone makes you

Nah, I'll use a note to get out of it on our flights to/from Ft Lauderdale in 10 days and I can't think of any other businesses that I can't avoid that would require it.

We are friends with the eye doc in our little Texas town and while I could've gotten out of wearing one there, I simply complied out of respect and not wanting to make a huge issue with friends.

bears are fast...

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2020, 11:02:43 AM »
I can't think of any other businesses that I can't avoid that would require it.

We're about to lose bqqkie.   :frown:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2020, 11:27:59 AM »

unless someone makes you

Nah, I'll use a note to get out of it on our flights to/from Ft Lauderdale in 10 days and I can't think of any other businesses that I can't avoid that would require it.

We are friends with the eye doc in our little Texas town and while I could've gotten out of wearing one there, I simply complied out of respect and not wanting to make a huge issue with friends. /bc I am all talk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2020, 07:05:03 PM »
Bqqkie, what does your MD note say, and did you literally wear a mask to see your doctor and obtain said note?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2020, 07:13:07 PM »
I have a real bone to pick with people like Bqqkie, because actions like his (see also the abuse of emotional support animal carriage) create animus that blows back on people with legitimate disabilities and concomitant medical concerns. Sort of like how gluten free posers make people with Celiac disease embarassed to order at restaurants. Bqqkie, stop being a selfish prick.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2020, 07:33:54 PM »
I have a real bone to pick with people like Bqqkie, because actions like his (see also the abuse of emotional support animal carriage) create animus that blows back on people with legitimate disabilities and concomitant medical concerns. Sort of like how gluten free posers make people with Celiac disease embarassed to order at restaurants. Bqqkie, stop being a selfish prick.
Without the gluten-free posers the Celiacs wouldn’t have as wide of a variety of foods to choose from at their local Market Street.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2020, 08:59:29 PM »
Without the gluten-free posers the Celiacs wouldn’t have as wide of a variety of foods to choose from at their local Market Street.

that's a great point.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
What type of a mask wearer are you?
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2020, 07:45:11 AM »
Also, there’s a small percent of the population that are both shitty human beings AND have legitimate medical conditions. Kind of reverse kick in the balls because you want to flaunt that you are a downgrade but some people may just think you’re doing it because you are too unhealthy to wear a mask.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2020, 07:53:35 AM »

yeah, it's a huge pain in the ass.
Read a tip the other day of folding up a Kleenex and using it as an extra buffer on the bridge of your nose.