Author Topic: Posts on your neighborhood's facebook or Nextdoor group  (Read 31836 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Posts on your neighborhood's facebook or Nextdoor group
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2020, 10:21:23 PM »
so most of these are from FB but NextDoor has some next level kooks

aggressive crow who is harassing me. I live fairly close to his nest. Any suggestions on how to handle an aggressive crow who uses my property to get to his nest which is in a large tree adjacent to my property.  This bird swooped down and grazed my hair several days ago.  Clearly the crow is agitated and has chased the squirrel who uses my fence and others to traverse along the properties.

Comment #1!
Quote from: commentor #1
We have a few that act the same, they dont harrass us though, mostly bikers and joggers. Id guess that killing it is the only option.
Killing it. Really. That's evil. Wrong answer.
you must be a newbie to the world of nature. Life eats life. This is the circle. Things die. Its ok, O wont let go of the seat until youre ready to ride by yourself. Give me a break.
That creature of God is just trying to protect it's family. Wow. Let's turn that around human.
god is an imaginary friend...come to reality.
Kill it and bad luck will beseech both of you.
Badluck eh? god is not real and is imaginary. People who believe in imaginary things are delusional. Since you seem to be delusional, Ill take my luck as it stands. Thank you.

other comments!

Crows love unsalted peanuts in their shells. Make friends. She knows you and won’t ever forget you
Try a nice dinner with a glass of wine
Make friends not war? Killing it is not easy. Can’t shoot shotgun in city limits. Feeding it peanuts might help. I would consider a tennis racket - whack - but not hard enough to kill. It might think twice.
crows are amazingly smart and if you agitate it they will tell all their friends and then things will be worse (they have done experiments to show they have long memories) I suggest making friends and leaving peanuts for it. then they will know that if you don't start things with them, they will be just fine and know you are not a threat
The crows are very stressed because several large pine trees were cut down in Brittany Landing. They probably list their nests and tree houses. They have been flying around erratically and are very upset.  It appears that they took over the nests of other, smaller birds. So, now all the birds are upset and stressed.
Simply say “hi” in a nice voice. Leave a crust or two, and you’ll have a lifelong friend.  Crows are highly intelligent.
Leave the crow alone.  They are  level to the spirit world and our physical world.  They are the smartest bird.  Your best bet is to be their friend and feed them if possible. Or suffer the crow karma.  Have a nice day
You are in the crows territory not yours, you have it all wrong. Animal totems of the crow would be very interesting for you to look up in native American books. I would talk to the crow sing to the crow calm it down to let it know you’re not gonna to go after its babies, respect it feed it and be his friend. If you treat nature like wrongfully you will get a reverberation later on for sure and it could be a lot worse than a crow divebombing you.. Mother nature is queen

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2020, 10:29:18 PM »
Post a map here of the boundaries for these neighborhood facebook and nextdoor groups.  It's crazy that these could all be from one neighborhood and just from the people therein that bother posting.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2020, 10:37:37 PM »
Post a map here of the boundaries for these neighborhood facebook and nextdoor groups.  It's crazy that these could all be from one neighborhood and just from the people therein that bother posting.
They cover about 50k people, I get city discussions outside of my specific neighborhood. But you'd probably get the same  perspectives within about a mile radius of my place. There's a combination of old conservatives that have been here forever, hippies and spiritual types, rich immigrants, and young tech worker families.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2020, 11:06:05 PM »
50k is too many people to be asking about the neighborhood aggressive crow.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2020, 08:37:48 AM »
Animals running at night!
We have had several different animals running around our neighborhood @ night since this pandemic started. A Fox, Groundhogs, What looks like a Possible Pig/Boor?
The later of them has been digging under the shed next door and scaring the people living there!! It snorts and growls @ them at night! We've tried live traps and it just eats the food and runs away.

I don't live in a part of the US that has wild boar so perhaps someone lets their pot bellied pig out at night.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 27, 2020, 09:33:23 AM »
Animals running at night!
We have had several different animals running around our neighborhood @ night since this pandemic started. A Fox, Groundhogs, What looks like a Possible Pig/Boor?
The later of them has been digging under the shed next door and scaring the people living there!! It snorts and growls @ them at night! We've tried live traps and it just eats the food and runs away.

I don't live in a part of the US that has wild boar so perhaps someone lets their pot bellied pig out at night.

30-50 feral hogs are on the loose again  :runaway:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2020, 04:00:28 PM »
this was on a "rogue" site

So apparently here in Xville, in direct violation of the county shelter-in-place order, the police are allowing people to throw giant parties in their carports with no masks, no social distancing of any kind, with a huge group of people.

Apparently all that's required to get the call cleared is to lie and claim that your guests are just residents of the complex (even though there is nothing in the order that exempts residents from the rule)

So if anyone here in Xville wants to throw a giant party in their apartment building's carport and invite all your family from out of town to throw a giant celebration with no regard for other people's health or safety, all you have to do is claim that your guests are residents and that magically makes it OK according to our wonderful city police department!

Thanks again XPD! Same officer that's always allowed them to get away with it before. Of course there's no bias problems here sending the same officer out year after year, who in all likelihood has some kind of under-the-table arrangement with these folks.

After he left they spent the next 7 hours blasting mariachi music in retaliation for the harmless visit.

Thanks again XPD.

Also bonus points for having their kids throw basketballs at our building's walls over and over again for several hours as well and spitting loogies into our driveway

I tell ya, there's nothing quite like having a gathering of around a dozen tattooed gang members with their pants around their ankles and their family menacing outside your windows for 7 hours straight, blowing smoke into your home, spitting into your driveway and having their kids throw stuff at your walls while screaming and blasting mariachi music.

It's almost as nice as paying an arm and a leg in rent and taxes to live in a city government that couldn't care less about you or enforcing even the most rudimentary of laws, let alone ones that are designated to protect public health from an ongoing pandemic. Great look for the town! Good thing the local news don't write about this stuff

yikes

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2020, 10:44:49 PM »
The protests have defintely livended up my NextDoor

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2020, 11:43:19 PM »
The protests have defintely livended up my NextDoor
my FB group is pretty supportive and/or the mods are not letting anything through

so I went to Nextdoor

Does anyone around here spin yarn??? Well here is a SIP project!

I've got two miniature sheep that I am going to sheer pretty soon (hopefully... if I can figure out the fancy clippers!) I am rubbish at spinning, but I could probably sort out washing and carding the wool well enough.

Anyone out there spin wool and interested in helping me out? Perhaps as a barter for some of the wool, or I also have plenty of farm fresh honey and eggs as well.

Your friendly neighborhood farmer,
Kendal

P.S. Some photos of the lil cuties attached. Their names are Coco and Marshmallow - brown and white Southdown Babydoll Sheep, they are just about one and a half years old, both ewes. They are each about the size of a golden retriever.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2020, 07:08:03 PM »
Just a not so friendly reminder that if you would like to have sex in BROAD DAYLIGHT in your car (today it was a black Jeep...we have photos and videos and the cops have them too) in a neighborhood full of kids and next to peoples’ houses (& windows), you better be prepared for the consequences. If you are thinking about heading over to “The T” for some action, just know that you are not invisible & that our cameras are not your friend. We suggest you get a hotel next time you want to creep around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2020, 08:16:08 PM »
Yesterday evening around 7pm, my teenage daughter took her two younger siblings to the pool near the tennis courts. There was a young adult couple present, and they were drinking and making out. The young woman's breast was exposed, and their kissing quickly devolved into further lewd behavior. My teenage daughter bravely approached them. She told them they were behaving inappropriately with little children around. They laughed at her, mocked her, and told her to get lost. My daughter took our two youngest children and left the pool. When my husband and I arrived shortly thereafter, the young couple and their friend left the pool. There were multiple children present for the offensive act. There were also several other adults present that did NOT say anything to the young couple, which is shameful.

We contacted the ******* Sheriff's Office, and they said the act was considered Lewd and Lascivious behavior. Committing this type of act in front of children under the age of 16 is a FELONY. Furthermore, exposing your private parts in front of children is a felony that will result in your name being added to the sex offenders registry. The ******* Sheriff said in the future to call the police immediately, and it is acceptable to call the emergency 911 number to report such behavior. We also contacted the HOA and gave them the couple's Kansas license plate number *** ***.

Parents - please know that this behavior is not at all acceptable and you or your children should report such behavior immediately. I hope these kind of people are not allowed into our community pool in the future.

Censored some info with “*****” obviously
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2020, 08:32:25 PM »
LOL quarantine is over and the kids are hornt the eff up

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2020, 08:12:45 AM »
Sorry for having fun. It was our anniversary yesterday.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2020, 12:33:03 PM »
Yesterday evening around 7pm, my teenage daughter took her two younger siblings to the pool near the tennis courts. There was a young adult couple present, and they were drinking and making out. The young woman's breast was exposed, and their kissing quickly devolved into further lewd behavior. My teenage daughter bravely approached them. She told them they were behaving inappropriately with little children around. They laughed at her, mocked her, and told her to get lost. My daughter took our two youngest children and left the pool. When my husband and I arrived shortly thereafter, the young couple and their friend left the pool. There were multiple children present for the offensive act. There were also several other adults present that did NOT say anything to the young couple, which is shameful.

We contacted the ******* Sheriff's Office, and they said the act was considered Lewd and Lascivious behavior. Committing this type of act in front of children under the age of 16 is a FELONY. Furthermore, exposing your private parts in front of children is a felony that will result in your name being added to the sex offenders registry. The ******* Sheriff said in the future to call the police immediately, and it is acceptable to call the emergency 911 number to report such behavior. We also contacted the HOA and gave them the couple's Kansas license plate number *** ***.

Parents - please know that this behavior is not at all acceptable and you or your children should report such behavior immediately. I hope these kind of people are not allowed into our community pool in the future.

I read it as "the rough ridin' sheriff", thought it added a little spice to the post.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2020, 12:35:43 PM »

I read it as "the rough ridin' sheriff", thought it added a little spice to the post.

She wants to keep county info. from public for some reason.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2020, 02:03:49 PM »
Does anyone here care to defend or explain why people think it is ok to exercise outdoors unmasked (mostly jogging and biking) near other people? 
And not expect to be tripped or kicked or confronted? <- hyperbole. See below.
I just went for a daily walk along Harbor Bay and had to ask, suggest, explain to about ten different people there was a pandemic and they should please wear a face covering and/or stay the F away from other people. Some even sitting on a bench right on the walking path, talking with no face coverings. Why is this so hard to show basic, common decency for your neighbors?
EDIT: the tripping and kicking bit was hyperbole meant to emphasize my frustration. I see now that it was not necessary. I would never touch anyone like that.

people here get really pissed if you walk by them on the sidewalk w/o a mask now

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2020, 02:09:40 PM »
pretty good one from the day you're allowed to post memes!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2020, 09:38:38 AM »
Pretty sure we have an opossum living in our back yard.  Besides lighting my house on fire, any other suggestions?

139 comments. and I did not expect most of them to be like this:

I am so jealous! She can come live here!

Opossums are lovely creatures to have around the house. Be nice.

They are sweet and won’t bother you, plus they eat ticks. If you get too close they may open their mouth wide and hiss, but they don’t attack.

We have one that scurries along the fence. He came down to attempt to eat some kibble. When his eyes met mine, he simply rolled on his side and Played Dead. I laughed my head off. Never did i think I would experience this! Too funny! Then he got up & scurried away.

They are sweet and won’t bother you, plus they eat ticks. If you get too close they may open their mouth wide and hiss, but they don’t attack.

:blank:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2020, 11:50:18 AM »
Yeah, possum lovers are annoying AF.

I hate them. Overgrown rats.  I don't care how many ticks they eat. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2020, 12:44:31 PM »
A lot of ticks in the kRustyhood?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2020, 01:23:00 PM »
A lot of ticks in the kRustyhood?

none

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2020, 01:59:54 PM »
Thank your local opossum  :Carl:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2020, 07:09:17 PM »
Just caught some old guy taking a dump in my side yard. Told me to clean it up myself. Suggestions? Bleach? Vinegar? I mean... WTF? And this isn't even the first time this month.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2020, 09:25:50 PM »
there are roughly 2 billion threads about fireworks

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2020, 09:59:41 PM »
The Neighborhood Pool will be closed today as someone deposited fecal matter in the pool and then smeared it on the walls of the pool. Per Johnson County Regulations, the pool must be super-chlorinated & then closed for 24 hours before it can be opened for use again. Please contact Management if you have any information on the person who committed this act. Thank you for your time.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.