Author Topic: No 2020 College Football :-(  (Read 93323 times)

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: No 2020 College Football :-(
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2020, 11:47:37 PM »

I completely disagree with that guy, but because I am against any sport that doesn't make money.  If they can't support themselves, they shouldn't exist IMO.  If schools want to piss money away, give it to smart kids who deserve academic scholarships and not rough ridin' worthless shot put thrower scholarships and subsidies.

I world without women's field hockey is a world in which I do not want to live.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2020, 10:26:39 AM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rayglier/2020/04/22/its-over-for-football-so-save-the-rest-of-college-sports/

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I completely disagree with that guy, but because I am against any sport that doesn't make money.  If they can't support themselves, they shouldn't exist IMO.  If schools want to piss money away, give it to smart kids who deserve academic scholarships and not rough ridin' worthless shot put thrower scholarships and subsidies.

Privileged

:jerk: 

Privileged athletes, maybe.  Schools hand those scholarships out arbitrarily, and almost none of the programs make enough money to support themselves. So, just keep arbitrarily handing out scholarships, but give it to those with academic qualifications AND economic need.   I mean, if they really are going pro in something other than sports, then let's focus on that shall we?  Sports are entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2020, 11:24:01 AM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rayglier/2020/04/22/its-over-for-football-so-save-the-rest-of-college-sports/

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Privileged

:jerk: 

Privileged athletes, maybe.  Schools hand those scholarships out arbitrarily, and almost none of the programs make enough money to support themselves. So, just keep arbitrarily handing out scholarships, but give it to those with academic qualifications AND economic need.   I mean, if they really are going pro in something other than sports, then let's focus on that shall we?  Sports are entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.

You think non revenue sports athletes are privileged? I guess we don't have anything else to talk about given this is your stance. This is akin to arguing with someone that the world isn't flat. If someone holds a strong belief that the world is flat, there's no evidence that can convince them otherwise.

There are plenty of college athletes that participate in non revenue sports and getting a college scholarship to do so is their best or even only path to become a college graduate. Academic scholarships are far less merit based than athletic scholarships. Let's play your game and assume that the money that athletic departments and donors spend on non revenue sports, they just give that to the university out of the goodness of their hearts, instead of bigger weight rooms, more luxury boxes, and bigger salaries for coaches and administrators. How much of this infusion of scholarship money will go to a high school long jumper from south Dallas with a 2.6 GPA and a 19 ACT. How much of that scholarship money is going to go to a kid from Lenexa with a 3.4 and a 25 ACT?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2020, 05:03:07 PM »
I repeat  :jerk:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2020, 03:45:30 PM »
As most of you guys know, I just rushed and was pretty excited about getting to campus so I can get some older bros to buy me some claws and start hooking up with some ladies.  Is this in jeopardy?  What if we just have mask themed date parties?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2020, 03:47:56 PM »
Ain't no laws when you're drinking claws.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2020, 03:49:21 PM »
The White Claw Tiktoks have been great, lately. Some of you should take note.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2020, 07:22:39 PM »
Post the tik toks, kk!
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline porky morgan

• Not the real Porky Morgan
  • Fan
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2020, 09:32:10 PM »

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2020, 10:38:05 PM »
All I can think when I see photos/paintings of people from the late 1800s and early 1900s is they were all stupid to dress that way. Suits to the park & football games? GMAFB they had to have been so hot.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2020, 10:47:36 PM »
My favorite is when old people bitch about how nobody dresses up to fly anymore. Yeah sorry gramps, this plane is hot as eff and it’s incredibly cramped. Apologies that I left my suit and fedora at home for this one. Also newsflash, you can’t smoke that pipe on this plane.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2020, 09:27:19 AM »
My non farmer gramps used to wear dress slacks and a button up shirt every single day. I don't think he even owned a pair of jeans or a t-shirt, maybe he did to mow his lawn or something but I never saw him in anything but dress slacks and a button up shirt.

The man rode around in a train car sorting mail for the post office so its not like he was some big time stock broker or something.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2020, 01:45:25 PM »
My favorite is when old people bitch about how nobody dresses up to fly anymore. Yeah sorry gramps, this plane is hot as eff and it’s incredibly cramped. Apologies that I left my suit and fedora at home for this one. Also newsflash, you can’t smoke that pipe on this plane.

Flying used to be much more luxurious . . . watch a Mad Men episode or two FFS.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2020, 07:21:40 AM »

slob

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2020, 08:09:56 AM »

Flying used to be much more luxurious . . . watch a Mad Men episode or two FFS.

tell us more, gramps

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2020, 12:24:34 PM »
Miles just stomping all over SD’s stupid face!

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1258446232428646401?s=21

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »
you're going to believe something out of les mile's mouth/brain over steve dave, is that what you are saying?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2020, 01:52:53 PM »
 :lol: For once I am out of hope.  :pray:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2020, 10:05:47 PM »
i judge people in athletic shorts on airplanes, you wanna fight 'bout it?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2020, 10:06:38 PM »

:sdeek:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2020, 11:28:10 PM »
Cool, thanks a lot Mr. GQ for holding us all up in the security line when you have to undo your belt and put your trench coat through and put your suit jacket through and put your fedora through and untie your tie and undo your shoes.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2020, 11:49:12 PM »
I am an absolute slob, but it is hard to imagine society wouldn't be better off if we had higher standards for public attire.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2020, 11:52:48 PM »
I love suiting up, but the novelty would definitely wear off if I were expected to do it daily.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2020, 07:04:28 AM »
Same.