Author Topic: Q is Real  (Read 106253 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Q is Real
« Reply #1550 on: March 29, 2021, 12:42:54 PM »
Yeah i actually laughed at that. There is a lot of computer/server nerd crap over my head, but that wasn't.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: March 29, 2021, 01:21:39 PM »
i haven't watched 3 and 4 yet, but it was pretty interesting seeing the family tree of 8 chan dating back to somethingawful. 

it's wild how much influence stuff like that and ebaums world had in the early days.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: March 29, 2021, 01:24:06 PM »
SPOILER ALERT (for HBO's Q:Into the Storm):
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2021-03-28/qanon-docuseries-hbo-who-is-q
L.A. times interviewed the documentary maker and reveals who he thinks Q is.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 29, 2021, 01:25:49 PM »
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2021-03-28/qanon-docuseries-hbo-who-is-q

Well who tf is it? I don't subscribe to the L.A. Times. ... Do you?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: March 29, 2021, 01:28:29 PM »

Ron

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 29, 2021, 01:43:50 PM »

Did you get any sense of what makes Jim and Ron tick — what motivates them? They’re pretty inscrutable characters.

When it finally clicked for me is that segment in Episode 4, where Ron is talking about Diogenes. He sees this pseudo-Socrates-gone-mad character as a role model: cynicism as an ideology. And he respects and enjoys the idea of taking a s— in the middle of the town square just to troll people, with this mentality of “Well, the dog can do it, why can’t I?” And I feel like that’s his entire mentality in life. They are the embodiment of the websites that they host. They’re constantly trolling and trying to provoke a response, whether that response is something that’s humorous or something that’s scary. They also see the world as a game. There’s a nihilism to it.

This is pretty much what my thoughts have always been and that particular section on diogenes solidified it perfectly. Trying to pin a further motive to these guys (like being white nationalists, etc.) is futile. They're just trolls.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: March 29, 2021, 02:00:41 PM »

Did you get any sense of what makes Jim and Ron tick — what motivates them? They’re pretty inscrutable characters.

When it finally clicked for me is that segment in Episode 4, where Ron is talking about Diogenes. He sees this pseudo-Socrates-gone-mad character as a role model: cynicism as an ideology. And he respects and enjoys the idea of taking a s— in the middle of the town square just to troll people, with this mentality of “Well, the dog can do it, why can’t I?” And I feel like that’s his entire mentality in life. They are the embodiment of the websites that they host. They’re constantly trolling and trying to provoke a response, whether that response is something that’s humorous or something that’s scary. They also see the world as a game. There’s a nihilism to it.

This is pretty much what my thoughts have always been and that particular section on diogenes solidified it perfectly. Trying to pin a further motive to these guys (like being white nationalists, etc.) is futile. They're just trolls.

I think it goes a little beyond trolling.  I think a lot of these guys are genuinely angry with the world, super sexist, misogynist, racists.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 29, 2021, 02:14:22 PM »
I'm talking specifically about the two Watkins. But agree that the troll culture in general is attractive to those types of people.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 29, 2021, 02:23:34 PM »
The younger one certainly has a full fledged personality disorder, psychopath/sociopath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 29, 2021, 02:27:45 PM »
Perhaps I should be more clear. I don't think the Watkins run 8chan because they are white nationalists or misogynists, etc. They may or may not agree with those philosophies. I think that they are in it for the shock, and are able to disassociate the negative the same way recreational drug users are able to disassociate from the horror of illegal drug manufacturering or how a gun company does not feel responsible for a mass shooting.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: March 29, 2021, 03:06:27 PM »
This is a pretty lol entry in the Ron Watkins wiki

A verified account on Parler claiming to be Watkins made several posts on November 15, 2020, appearing to confirm theories that his father was Q.[21] It was later determined that Aubrey Cottle, a security researcher and co-founder of Anonymous, had taken advantage of Parler security flaws to change the name of an already-verified Parler account, giving it the appearance of belonging to and having been verified as Watkins.[36] This incident led to a feud between Watkins and Parler investor Dan Bongino, with Watkins publicly criticizing Parler's security on Twitter and describing the service as "compromised". Bongino responded by tweeting insults at Watkins.[37][38]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: March 29, 2021, 03:08:06 PM »
it's an old fashioned shittiest human beings on the planet off!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: March 29, 2021, 04:38:15 PM »

Ron

I was trying to avoid this spoiler in my synopsis, but yeah. I do think the filmmaker makes it seem like Ron was working with Bannon in some way.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: March 29, 2021, 08:20:31 PM »
I found it odd when Ron was trying to convince us that he tracked "Q's" ip geo-location to a 5 house area and Bannon lived there.  There may be a service that tracks IP's to physical locations.  Im not confident they are more accurate than whatsmyip (that are available to the public).

Just look how often MFA screws up the location.  Living on the Kansas side of KC, it always comes back with someone in KCMO is trying to sign in.

Surprised they haven't brought on a cyber security or sysadmin to call BS on some of this.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 08:55:46 PM by wiley »
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: March 30, 2021, 08:37:33 AM »
Google seems to think I'm in Johnson County even though I work in Wichita.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: March 30, 2021, 09:06:45 AM »

Ron

I was trying to avoid this spoiler in my synopsis, but yeah. I do think the filmmaker makes it seem like Ron was working with Bannon in some way.

And that would be on brand for Bannon who is troll in the same vein.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: March 30, 2021, 09:54:44 AM »
I found it odd when Ron was trying to convince us that he tracked "Q's" ip geo-location to a 5 house area and Bannon lived there.  There may be a service that tracks IP's to physical locations.  Im not confident they are more accurate than whatsmyip (that are available to the public).

Just look how often MFA screws up the location.  Living on the Kansas side of KC, it always comes back with someone in KCMO is trying to sign in.

Surprised they haven't brought on a cyber security or sysadmin to call BS on some of this.

The location of Bannon's house seems to be public knowledge, I've seen it in other documentaries, along with the location of his seminary.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: March 30, 2021, 10:19:02 AM »

The location of Bannon's house seems to be public knowledge, I've seen it in other documentaries, along with the location of his seminary.

Yes, but wiley is referring to the part of the episode where Ron suggests to the filmmaker that it's Bannon because he can pinpoint Q's location when he made posts on 8chan. wiley is saying that technology is pretty suspect.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: March 31, 2021, 04:59:14 PM »
Currently listening to an interview with Adam McKay and he says the last episode of the Q doc comes with "a Keyser Soze like reveal of who q is." He also said it's one of the most shocking thing he's seen on one of his projects.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: March 31, 2021, 05:04:39 PM »
I'm interested to see if there is any discussion on original q and why they allowed fake q to take over

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: March 31, 2021, 05:27:37 PM »
I'm interested to see if there is any discussion on original q and why they allowed fake q to take over

Killary prob got to the OG Q.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: March 31, 2021, 07:34:09 PM »
apologies to my guy Stevesie, but I can't help but think of him when Ron is on screen :sdeek:

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: March 31, 2021, 07:53:43 PM »
I couldn't quite place it but spot on

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: March 31, 2021, 08:56:17 PM »

Yes, but wiley is referring to the part of the episode where Ron suggests to the filmmaker that it's Bannon because he can pinpoint Q's location when he made posts on 8chan. wiley is saying that technology is pretty suspect.
Yeah, that's what i was getting at.  Essentially the IP you have (say at home from the wireless router) is registered to the ISP.  So the ISP/provider could probably give out the information of what IP is being used by what MAC address.  But for Ron to say "it's Bannons house" is incredibly misleading and most likely false.

You can do funny stuff by say setting up a dns server and have it hosted in another region to spoof the ip location and get the royals games on mlb.tv in KC if you are a cable cutter (allegedly).

But for Q being Bannon, my limited networking knowledge tells me it's false.  Or he knows people in places that can get him that info.  Maybe paid an att tech to see what towers were associated to Q's cell phone location.  Im just not buying it.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: March 31, 2021, 09:13:02 PM »
I watched the 3 part Vice Documentary.  Pretty interesting interview with Denver Riggelman.

Also interesting take from the Cicada 3301 group member.  He talks about it being a LARP essentially. 

Months ago i read a take from someone who made the "breakout" room games.  And they said this whole thing is similar to one of these rooms that has a non-planted clue that turns into the "only clue" in the mind of the player.  Leading people to do things that make zero sense to anyone else.