Author Topic: This Coronavirus may very well cost us our natty (now with Phog gems)  (Read 2827 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Here are some indisputable FACTS:

—Qats are poised to make a run. We just solidified continuation of The Streak, and oscar is building a monster. This team is destined to win out.
—K-State is known as Fan U. Our fans are legendary for following our Purple Pumpkin Pushers wherever we end up in the tourney. Most fans across state lines in history, etc. etc. Our home-away-from-homecourt advantage is palpable when we play at neutral site venues. Winning six (or seven) in a row, with this fanbase, would be inevitable. Instead, the corrupt NCAA has robbed us of this opportunity.

I’m just worried that taking the crowd out of the equation will neutralize our natural advantage and jeopardize our chances at bringing the natty back to Fan U.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:04:31 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: This Coronavirus may very well cost us our natty
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 07:07:00 PM »
We should boycott the whole thing, no use playing a rigged game
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: This Coronavirus may very well cost us our natty (now with Phog gems)
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 11:04:44 PM »
It just figures. This is the best team we’ve had against the field maybe ever. And now our players are being robbed of the experience of the magic of March due to this. I consider this a vast overreaction- others don’t; but no matter where you land on this, you have to admit just how much this sucks for the Kansas basketball players who killed them selves all year (and many other years), only to be robbed of the prize they worked so hard to obtain. I’m heat broken about this, I really am. It’s takes the fire out of the moment. It’s going to be like glorified scrimmages. I look forward to the tourney every single year. I go to games, I take the first Thursday/Friday off of work, I throw parties, I’m glued to the action. And now there is no action. It’s just brutal. We’ll have to wait until next year to enjoy this event again, and KU won’t be close to this good against a better field next year. Just. Brutal.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 11:18:20 PM »
Seriously... during games and championship week bars like the Bull, the Wheel, Brothers, etc... are all packed af... now that the tournament isn’t letting fans in, don’t you think the fans planning to travel will go to their college town instead?

This just seems like a faster way to make the disease spread if anything. Instead of limiting it to a few tournament sites, you’re gonna have the same people bringing it to college campuses

wut

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 11:21:08 PM »
Seriously... during games and championship week bars like the Bull, the Wheel, Brothers, etc... are all packed af... now that the tournament isn’t letting fans in, don’t you think the fans planning to travel will go to their college town instead?

This just seems like a faster way to make the disease spread if anything. Instead of limiting it to a few tournament sites, you’re gonna have the same people bringing it to college campuses

wut
Listen Jack, ...

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 11:22:14 PM »
4. We are one step closer to cancelling the whole event. We're seeing this in Europe right now in soccer. First it was no fans and then a week later it was games being called off. Our best chance for a championship and they might not even award one. I'd rather lose in the second round than have to "claim" a championship that never happened because the AP awarded us one.

What the helm?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 11:34:33 PM »
You also need to look at demographics to be fair. From what I have seen it is like 80% deadly to those that are over the age of 75. But 1-2% mortality rate at age 15-35. Sure, people are dying, but let's not act like a bunch of those people aren't on borrowed time already [Then this poster used an emoji of a laughy face rolling around old people dying lololol

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 11:38:28 PM »
Censorship mine because this is a family blog

Haha very true. I will be at the Hawk licking the coronavirus directly off the t**s of a coed.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 11:42:50 PM »
Two pluses from this decision. I have been able to prank call the same friend two weeks in a row by telling him that I was going to spring for all expenses to go to SXSW and now to all of the KU tournament games.

We will now all be able to hear Scott Drew screaming box out just as an opponent is about to shoot the first of two free throws. A display of such great sportsmanship.

I will soon have birth certificates available for sale for reasonable prices. Udoka is going to be so surprised to find that I am his grandfather and yet have not gotten in touch with him in the previous four years despite living in Lawrence.

This should have been the year that Wayne Selden and his uncle Clock starred in the tournament.

CBS is going to either have to show Duke games on a thirty second delay with three people operating the dump button, or they could put Coach Konsonant in an iron mask.

zing

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 11:56:17 PM »
Since the NCAA is doing this, they need to just let the number 1 seeds pick the location. Anywhere. It doesn't matter if it was one of the predetermined locations or not. Let KU play round 1 and 2 in AFH. Who cares at this point.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2020, 12:03:59 AM »
Will this at least get us more cheerleader coverage? And since families are allowed, now we just need to hope that the KU parents are a lot more vocal than whoever we play.

:fatty:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2020, 12:06:41 AM »
Man, I don't want to shift to smaller arenas. Those big, empty arenas only help a great defensive, not very good shooting like ours. Smaller arenas usually equal better sight lines for shooters.

First I'm hearing of this. Interesting, if true.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2020, 12:11:48 AM »
Assuming the tourney is canceled KU should claim their first legit helms title.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 12:15:04 AM »
This just in from the NCAA regarding the coronavirus:

- Any contact on defense will result in a personal foul.

- High fives between teammates are subject to a technical foul.

- Setting your feet to draw a charge or set up a screen will be deemed a flagrant 1.

- Duke University is exempt from aforementioned rule changes.

* ball will be disinfected at any stoppage of play.

OH MAN DUKE IS EXEMPT!!!!!!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 12:17:14 AM »
I told a mustard fan today the NCAA awarded KU the national title based on unanimous no 1 ranking and cancelled tournament...

He lost it for about a minute before I fessed up

Folks...

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 08:26:32 AM »
Since the NCAA is doing this, they need to just let the number 1 seeds pick the location. Anywhere. It doesn't matter if it was one of the predetermined locations or not. Let KU play round 1 and 2 in AFH. Who cares at this point.

I like the reasoning here. Nothing wrong with having confy tournament games at the piss barn....

Offline kstofer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 11:06:18 PM »
You also need to look at demographics to be fair. From what I have seen it is like 80% deadly to those that are over the age of 75. But 1-2% mortality rate at age 15-35. Sure, people are dying, but let's not act like a bunch of those people aren't on borrowed time already [Then this poster used an emoji of a laughy face rolling around old people dying lololol
Just sticking with his (or her) logic, apart from the old people: so 1-2% of 15-35 year olds who get sick from a disease die.  That's apparently no big deal?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 08:13:49 AM »
just borrowed time