Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg 2020  (Read 5363 times)

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Pete Buttigieg 2020
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2022, 09:46:43 AM »
I mostly liked Obama, so I don't see the problem in "Obama Acolyte".

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2022, 09:47:44 AM »
Yeah, seems good and moderate’y

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2022, 09:54:42 AM »
Yeah, seems good and moderate’y

Did he run on a moderate platform or nah? Other than being a warmonger, what made him a moderate as opposed to someone with liberal rhetoric with no interest in advancing the liberal ideals he espoused because doing so would threaten democrat power and control.

What actual policy advancement, that he championed, would be considered conservative or moderate?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2022, 09:57:05 AM »

Well, his presidency was exactly like what dax described for Pete and the Biden presidency looks like more of the same, so you must be cool with the description.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2022, 10:21:27 AM »
He’s a clown. But he’s a clown #blueanon can get behind.

What makes him a clown? I think he has no charisma and would never inspire people to vote for him. In my viewpoint he is an uncaring pragmatist that would govern like you would expect a Mckinsey(ite) to.

Pete is an agendite.  I don't see any plan that's grounded in reality.  I see a plan that's formulated to pay off the dark money that flows through the Biden/Democratic party like a raging river.  I see a plan to that will pay off quite well for entities that are not domestically based, and I see a plan that  hammers the average American.   I'm not the least bit impressed the job that Pete's agency is doing.  Now admittedly that could be an offshoot of the #shitshow that is the Oval Office and the people that control our President. 

Maybe Pete can break away into reality if he's ever back on the stump on his own accord.  But as of right now, no thanks.

Not sure how anyone could argue against this.

Perhaps I'm biased, but Pete is the only politician I actually will earhole people about. I appreciate Bernie's honesty/sincerity, but like the Democratic party establishment, I also recognize his proposed policies don't stand a chance of becoming law (currently, of course).

He's a devoted Obama acolyte. If I walks like a duck...

I like a steady Captain manning the ship's wheel. Also, and I'm not trying to be condescending, but the Democrats would do well to pay attention to the voices they don't hear on the internet, because the majority of the country exists in the middle, policy-wise. I think the leadership of the party knows that, hence the undermining of Bernie and the non-Biden, moderate-ish candidates dropping out of the race right before Super Tuesday in order to consolidate support behind Biden. Granted, Biden's not the best, but Trump was infinitely worse. This is our system.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2022, 10:50:04 AM »
I think calling Pete Obama lite was an insult but to that’s exactly why I like him
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2022, 11:24:20 AM »

Well, his presidency was exactly like what dax described for Pete and the Biden presidency looks like more of the same, so you must be cool with the description.

Biden hasn't been that bad, either.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2022, 11:50:11 AM »

Biden hasn't been that bad, either.
Vibe is WRECKED

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2022, 12:18:37 PM »
Yea wtf are you doing man

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2022, 01:20:04 PM »

What makes him a clown? I think he has no charisma and would never inspire people to vote for him. In my viewpoint he is an uncaring pragmatist that would govern like you would expect a Mckinsey(ite) to.

Pete is an agendite.  I don't see any plan that's grounded in reality.  I see a plan that's formulated to pay off the dark money that flows through the Biden/Democratic party like a raging river.  I see a plan to that will pay off quite well for entities that are not domestically based, and I see a plan that  hammers the average American.   I'm not the least bit impressed the job that Pete's agency is doing.  Now admittedly that could be an offshoot of the #shitshow that is the Oval Office and the people that control our President. 

Maybe Pete can break away into reality if he's ever back on the stump on his own accord.  But as of right now, no thanks.

Perhaps I'm biased, but Pete is the only politician I actually will earhole people about. I appreciate Bernie's honesty/sincerity, but like the Democratic party establishment, I also recognize his proposed policies don't stand a chance of becoming law (currently, of course).

I like a steady Captain manning the ship's wheel. Also, and I'm not trying to be condescending, but the Democrats would do well to pay attention to the voices they don't hear on the internet, because the majority of the country exists in the middle, policy-wise. I think the leadership of the party knows that, hence the undermining of Bernie and the non-Biden, moderate-ish candidates dropping out of the race right before Super Tuesday in order to consolidate support behind Biden. Granted, Biden's not the best, but Trump was infinitely worse. This is our system.

The Democrat party would be better off not listening to people like you, wetwillie, and RATM who are, three white men, who presumably doing well with your finances and don't have grievances.

Obama was a statesman who cared about governance, processes, and the appearance of unity. Not only did his spoken agenda got completely wrecked, but he got branded as some radical liberal. His need to have beltway insiders look on him kindly is the greatest reason Roe v. Wade wasn't codified. His need to be admired by people who read The Economist and Roll Call led to the right having a 6-3 majority on the supreme court.

28 years of center governance and Washington insider politics led to trumpism, and the democrats completely lost the working class of this country. They caught a break, because trump was such a sack of crap and trainwreck. What did the Dems do with that break? Only nominate and elect the least popular president in American history and get a majority of congress that they can't do a damn thing with, other than continue to stack up Ls.

Most of the country thinks we are headed in the wrong direction and Pete absolutely represents the status quo of corporate politics, that most of the country has repeatedly told you idiot democrats that they don't want.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2022, 01:41:39 PM »

The Democrat party would be better off not listening to people like you, wetwillie, and RATM who are, three white men, who presumably doing well with your finances and don't have grievances.

Obama was a statesman who cared about governance, processes, and the appearance of unity. Not only did his spoken agenda got completely wrecked, but he got branded as some radical liberal. His need to have beltway insiders look on him kindly is the greatest reason Roe v. Wade wasn't codified. His need to be admired by people who read The Economist and Roll Call led to the right having a 6-3 majority on the supreme court.

28 years of center governance and Washington insider politics led to trumpism, and the democrats completely lost the working class of this country. They caught a break, because trump was such a sack of crap and trainwreck. What did the Dems do with that break? Only nominate and elect the least popular president in American history and get a majority of congress that they can't do a damn thing with, other than continue to stack up Ls.

Most of the country thinks we are headed in the wrong direction and Pete absolutely represents the status quo of corporate politics, that most of the country has repeatedly told you idiot democrats that they don't want.

I generally trust your judgment, because you're a super smart dude. But I have to point out that I am not a Democrat, so I have no idea why the party would even listen to me. I'm just trying to be pragmatic, here.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2022, 01:54:24 PM »

I generally trust your judgment, because you're a super smart dude. But I have to point out that I am not a Democrat, so I have no idea why the party would even listen to me. I'm just trying to be pragmatic, here.

I'm not either. There are currently for posters telling us how they are cool with Pete, two of them aren't Democrats, one I believe is a moderate Democrat. The last two moderate democratic presidents didn't accomplish much, certainly didn't have legacy legislation. The party is now running from the policy victories and legacy of the first moderate democrat president of this era.

As someone who isn't a democrat, I hope they keep stepping on their own hoots and dongs. As an American I hope they wake the eff up and do something to take the country back and stop with the status quo that isn't working for many outside of the beltway.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2022, 01:59:11 PM »
While I may not be a card-carrying member of the Democratic party, there's no way in hell I can support this iteration of the GOP. I'm sure we can at least agree on that and go from there.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2022, 02:21:28 PM »

Yea I don’t think Pete is really a democrat, he’s just been forced into that bucket due to how far right republicans have gone in general.  You also pegged my demographic, damn. 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2022, 02:24:29 PM »
That is definitely how I feel, but I also can't stomach many pub policies before trump, so I'd never come close to them anyways.

Mir is def right the dems lost of the plot of the average american, and also don't have the fortitude to do something.

I do think Spracs when he mean "stop listening to the internet" was getting involved with the petty crap that goes on on twitter. While I am a firm believer in the pubs instigating the culture war bullshit, dems need to just not even engage in that. It's so much effort for no gain.

Get the average american actual tax benefits, stop shilling out to all the corporations, and stop letting pubs drive the conversation on anything, it's only leading to nothing and pubs slowly chipping away at anything worthwhile in this country anymore.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2022, 05:34:20 PM »
what a bizarre turn this thread is taking.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2022, 08:31:22 PM »

Completely agree.  Bernie was leading the primary just before Super Tuesday and rich fucks and political influencers couldn't let that happen, that's exactly why they all jumped out and out of nowhere Biden's broke campaign fund grew tremendously.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2022, 09:05:57 PM »

Completely agree.  Bernie was leading the primary just before Super Tuesday and rich fucks and political influencers couldn't let that happen, that's exactly why they all jumped out and out of nowhere Biden's broke campaign fund grew tremendously.
Bernie was never winning crap either way

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2022, 11:24:31 PM »

You would have voted for him in the general for the same reason I voted for Biden.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2022, 11:43:15 PM »

You would have voted for him in the general for the same reason I voted for Biden.
Yes, but the main difference is Bernie would have lost

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2022, 04:29:56 PM »
check out the coach flying flex from our guy Pete!

https://twitter.com/SecretaryPete/status/1558202991852879876

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2022, 05:13:01 PM »
A true man of the people

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2022, 06:57:37 PM »
Second row of econ+! A truly terrible seat, I'm going to assume this was a same day booking on a nearly full flight. That's worse than the row behind an exit row.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2022, 06:59:37 PM »
Also we legitimately shouldn't have the Secretary of Transportation out here flying like Stan from Salina on a business trip to Milwaukee.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2022, 07:02:24 PM »
Also we legitimately shouldn't have the Secretary of Transportation out here flying like Stan from Salina on a business trip to Milwaukee.

You son of a bitch, Salina is getting a whataburger.