Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1068283 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #17227 on: August 09, 2021, 08:24:05 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2021/08/08/coming-soon-for-the-unvaccinated-a-50-monthly-paycheck-deduction-from-your-employer/?sh=198c19c847ae

Free market at work
I bet $50/ month makes less of an impact on Covid vaccination than it would on smoking (which I'm guessing is about zero)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17229 on: August 09, 2021, 08:31:29 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2021/08/08/coming-soon-for-the-unvaccinated-a-50-monthly-paycheck-deduction-from-your-employer/?sh=198c19c847ae

Free market at work
I bet $50/ month makes less of an impact on Covid vaccination than it would on smoking (which I'm guessing is about zero)
Yes, this needs to be happening even harder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17230 on: August 09, 2021, 08:54:35 PM »
if only there was some cost effective, safe and medically effective preventative measure for this

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1424873263147200512
I don't know why he bothers. None of his voters  would care if he did nothing!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17231 on: August 09, 2021, 09:00:27 PM »
I sincerely appreciate every unvaccinated person giving us another shot at another worse variant so we can go through this all again and again and keep giving this thing a shot to hurt kids.

Great people.
I fairness, I think this is a BS talking point as far as the US is concerned. As long as you have billions globally who have no easy path to vaccination you’re going to get variants.

Of course, there are tons of legitimate gripes against the folks who refuse to get vaccinated. The burden on our healthcare system being probably #1 in my book. There needs to be a way to financially hold people responsible who refused to get vaccinated without a legitimate reason.

Insurance companies will kick them in the ass pretty soon.

How so?  You can only charge people differential health insurance rates because of zip code, age and tobacco use.  That is federal law.

Free market at work

Well that didn’t take long to find a way
:adios:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17232 on: August 09, 2021, 09:18:08 PM »
Thread

https://twitter.com/justinwolfers/status/1424915885823774728

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17233 on: August 09, 2021, 09:30:38 PM »

i don't think that's true.  coronavirus stuff cuts across parties in different and interesting ways.  maybe most so with vaccines (and vaccine "mandates" or restrictions on the unvaccinated).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17234 on: August 09, 2021, 09:38:58 PM »

i don't think that's true.  coronavirus stuff cuts across parties in different and interesting ways.  maybe most so with vaccines (and vaccine "mandates" or restrictions on the unvaccinated).

I may be disillusioned because I spent a week in rural Idaho but I think there are a shitload of people that recognize it's real and still don't give a crap about it and won't do anything about it because they don't like to be told what to do and that is stronger than just about anything..

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17235 on: August 09, 2021, 10:01:20 PM »
I may be disillusioned because I spent a week in rural Idaho but I think there are a shitload of people that recognize it's real and still don't give a crap about it and won't do anything about it because they don't like to be told what to do and that is stronger than just about anything..

yeah, i think that's an accurate summation of how part of the republican electorate feels.  but maybe half of the republican electorate is vaccinated and polling indicates that they seem to view the unvaccinated in much the same way that vaccinated democrats do - as the problem.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17236 on: August 09, 2021, 10:17:36 PM »
I sincerely appreciate every unvaccinated person giving us another shot at another worse variant so we can go through this all again and again and keep giving this thing a shot to hurt kids.

Great people.
I fairness, I think this is a BS talking point as far as the US is concerned. As long as you have billions globally who have no easy path to vaccination you’re going to get variants.

Of course, there are tons of legitimate gripes against the folks who refuse to get vaccinated. The burden on our healthcare system being probably #1 in my book. There needs to be a way to financially hold people responsible who refused to get vaccinated without a legitimate reason.

How so?  You can only charge people differential health insurance rates because of zip code, age and tobacco use.  That is federal law.

Free market at work

Probably won't take long for it to be challenged in court.  We'll see if it holds up.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17237 on: August 09, 2021, 10:23:19 PM »

.  but maybe half of the republican electorate is vaccinated and polling indicates that they seem to view the unvaccinated in much the same way that vaccinated democrats do - as the problem.

there were also a lot of republicans that thought Trump was a blowhard bad person but it didn't seem to hurt him much when it came time to cast their votes

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17238 on: August 09, 2021, 10:29:24 PM »

Great people.

Free market at work

Also, those are employers, not health insurers.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17239 on: August 09, 2021, 10:38:45 PM »

Great people.

Free market at work

Also, those are employers, not health insurers.
Yes, I realize that.
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17240 on: August 09, 2021, 11:17:28 PM »
there were also a lot of republicans that thought Trump was a blowhard bad person but it didn't seem to hurt him much when it came time to cast their votes

i wouldn't expect this to be much of an electoral issue either, mostly because we don't have an election coming up soon and i imagine we'll have long since moved on by '22.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17241 on: August 10, 2021, 08:01:04 AM »

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17242 on: August 10, 2021, 08:49:43 AM »
drinking and driving was a freedom once?  :confused:

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17243 on: August 10, 2021, 09:10:52 AM »
It was until they stole it. Try learning some history else you be doomed to repeat it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17244 on: August 10, 2021, 09:29:34 AM »
The Biden Covid Super Team needs to check it this promising innovative approach.   Maybe step it up from mask-social distance-Get the Trump Vaccine

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/covid-90-percent-of-patients-treated-with-new-israeli-drug-discharged-in-5-days-675961

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17246 on: August 10, 2021, 02:10:37 PM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17247 on: August 10, 2021, 02:13:01 PM »
it's august 2021 and there are over 15,000 people in the state of Florida currently in hospital due to covid. that is incredibly sad

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile