Author Topic: Feels Good  (Read 8312 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Feels Good
« on: December 01, 2019, 07:59:16 AM »
I’m pumped for Chris Klieman and his coaching staff.  Obviously excited as to where we will land for a bowl, but already looking forward to next year’s team.

This is also the best time to wear Cats gear in the KC area.  All other area teams suck or did not meet expectations. 

We could finish the year at 9-4 and ranked in the top 25!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Feels Good
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 09:54:05 AM »
Feels great*
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 09:55:56 AM »
Don't live in KC but it is amazing to wear 'cats stuff in an area where the local college teams are complete ass.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 12:30:17 PM »
Took Li’l SB and Lil Miss SB to the park today in my Cats hat. Of course, in walked the most Iowa State’y Iowa State fan you’ve ever seen, even down to the woven belt. He tried not to make eye contact with me, but he saw. He saw. Feels good to be the top dawg.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 01:11:34 PM »
Took Li’l SB and Lil Miss SB to the park today in my Cats hat. Of course, in walked the most Iowa State’y Iowa State fan you’ve ever seen, even down to the woven belt. He tried not to make eye contact with me, but he saw. He saw. Feels good to be the top dawg.
a real ISU fan would have started BOOing

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 01:13:22 PM »
a real ISU fan would have started BOOing

Naw, they're cowards in real world situations, definitely the no eye contact, heads down types.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 12:48:06 PM »
Feels great. Klieman and Co. have me dreaming of DOD-like success, and I don't think it's far fetched. The only truly elite program in our conference is OU. I think Klieman has the ability to get us as the solid No. 2 in the conference and to challenge for Dr Peppers and CFP in some years.

Am I getting ahead of myself? Probably. Don't care tho.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 01:03:28 PM »
Feels great. Klieman and Co. have me dreaming of DOD-like success, and I don't think it's far fetched. The only truly elite program in our conference is OU. I think Klieman has the ability to get us as the solid No. 2 in the conference and to challenge for Dr Peppers and CFP in some years.

I think it is crystal clear to be a top player in our conference, you need at least 2 elite type receivers. That position can give you big chunk plays to go with a solid run game. It is a D coordinator's nightmare to have to stop both without taking 1 component away. If Klieman can recruit those skill positions while maintaining the big uglies, then K-State can land in that 2 or 3 spot more years than not.
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 01:19:44 PM »

I think it is crystal clear to be a top player in our conference, you need at least 2 elite type receivers. That position can give you big chunk plays to go with a solid run game. It is a D coordinator's nightmare to have to stop both without taking 1 component away. If Klieman can recruit those skill positions while maintaining the big uglies, then K-State can land in that 2 or 3 spot more years than not.

I agree, and imo Knowles, barring injury could be one of those guys for three more years. Will prob have to recruit to find his partner. That said, our other young receivers are fine complimentary pieces and will only get better.

Perhaps as important for our offense is getting high quality, even NFL type tight ends. With the right guys the TE passing game can decimate defenses selling out to stop the run.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 01:27:07 PM »
Well that and a bunch of athletic bullies on the OL.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 01:46:12 PM »
I hate to say it, but we need to have higher quality QBs to have DOD success.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 02:17:31 PM »
I hate to say it, but we need to have higher quality QBs to have DOD success.
Yep.....I left QB and the Defense out of my comments because I am confident in this staff at those positions.
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 02:25:35 PM »
I think Chris Kleiman is a genuinely good dude.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 03:34:07 PM »
O-Line might suck bad next year.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 04:16:55 PM »
O-Line might suck bad next year.

I've always been ok with a clean OL slate versus a couple returning.  OL chemistry is super important and just because they are 1st team for the first time doesn't mean they can't be as good or better.  I have no idea who the new 5 will be, but if they were backups this year...I feel really good about them being successful in year 2 under CK's system.  I guess what I'm saying is I don't think they will suck.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 04:17:37 PM »
I like Klieman, but I think a huge key will be keeping the best parts of the staff together for as along as possible. As in Hazelton, pay the man.

Whatever the old OC's name is, I think we can let him find opportunities, though.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 04:51:27 PM »
Eh, Hazelton is ok. I don't think he's worth trying super hard to keep.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 04:54:15 PM »

Having an attacking defense is a big deal to me simply from a fun/excitement perspective.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Feels Good
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 05:05:43 PM »
I like our guys’ attitude for sure, but I think a lot of the defensive success likely stems from Kleiman since that’s always been his thing. Getting a primo OC should be the focus.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 06:10:05 PM »

Having an attacking defense is a big deal to me simply from a fun/excitement perspective.

Having a defense that doesn't get dragged for 5-10 yards after contact is a big deal to me simply from a trying not to have an aneurysm perspective

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2019, 07:51:33 PM »
I’d just like to see Hazelton stay in the program and work to bring in the guys to fit his system.

Think he could be really successful here and build something special with Kli

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM »

IMO attacking too much cost us the Texas game. Blitzing on third and long is pretty dumb these days, and he did it a lot that game. Not so much the last two.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2019, 09:16:32 PM »
Closing on Jake Rubley would get my attention for his recruiting prowess. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2019, 09:39:58 PM »
Closing on Jake Rubley would get my attention for his recruiting prowess.
I was initially higher on Levi Harley Osmand, but based on recent results, I have to agree with this.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2019, 11:05:15 AM »
klieman must be the most similar to snyder coach out there. except he's an updated version and can win games against more talented teams.