Author Topic: West Virginia Thread  (Read 6997 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: West Virginia Thread
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2019, 06:03:56 PM »
What a duck
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2019, 06:04:25 PM »
Had him and under threw it....god damn it

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2019, 06:05:32 PM »

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2019, 06:05:35 PM »
Is Skyler injured or just Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)? He threw 3+ terrible throws on that last drive

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2019, 06:06:15 PM »
He tried as hard as he could to put that ball into the end zone and he just couldn’t do it. That’s really sad.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2019, 06:19:52 PM »
Sky is throwing whiffle balls out there

he's not a good quarterback
As bad as Sky was, he didn't lose us this game on his own. Blown coverage lost us this game as much as his poor throws. That said, without Sky we dont beat OU.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2019, 06:26:28 PM »
Sky is throwing whiffle balls out there

he's not a good quarterback
As bad as Sky was, he didn't lose us this game on his own. Blown coverage lost us this game as much as his poor throws. That said, without Sky we dont beat OU.

For sure he didn't lose the game on his own. And I'm not calling for him to be benched or anything but if we had a better QB than Sky we probably would have won today and against UT and still won against OU.

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2019, 06:27:03 PM »
Agreed

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2019, 06:29:39 PM »
This is how you honor Bill?  :cry:
In all honesty - it's a very 2018 Bill like performance.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2019, 09:26:35 PM »
I'm sure many of you won't care but in the second and fourth quarters Skylar was throwing directly into a strong south wind. WVU didn't even attempt long throws in those quarters. All of the long td passes went to the north end. I don't even know if there were any made field goals going that direction.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2019, 09:52:03 PM »
I'm sure many of you won't care but in the second and fourth quarters Skylar was throwing directly into a strong south wind. WVU didn't even attempt long throws in those quarters. All of the long td passes went to the north end. I don't even know if there were any made field goals going that direction.
Oh so he'd been throwing into that wind for half the game when he threw that last pick?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2019, 11:08:31 PM »
Oh so he'd been throwing into that wind for half the game when he threw that last pick?

Both interceptions were going south although the first wasn't an under throw, it was just a freakishly good defensive play. The wind was absolutely a factor with throwing the football, for both teams, the first touchdown pass traveled much farther in the air.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2019, 11:19:55 PM »
Hard to overcome:

1. About the most sluggish, flattest uninspired start you could have imagined aside from nicely drawn up opening TD pass.
2. Three of the worst flags/non-flags against KSU I've ever seen in succession on the messing with the snapper, the non-PI where the WVU guy grabbed the receiver's arm and held it down, and the touchback punt where it looked like it was out at the three or so. Note: just my view from sec 19.
3. giving up a TD on 3rd & 13 = bad. giving up a TD on 3rd & 22 to a guy just standing there 15 yards behind everyone =  :goodbyecruelworld:

Still, to me, AGAIN not being able to run the ball, especially the pulling/mini pulling power stuff vs 3-down, 3-3-5 type defense was the biggest problem. These dudes didnt even seem to have a good nose tackle. Mess gotta figure that crap out.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2019, 12:55:04 AM »
The undisciplined nature of this team finally cost them, just too many penalties, too many mistakes. Also second straight week where Anctil was awful. We outgained WVU because of their constant fantastic field position and the rough ridin' penalties.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2019, 11:26:00 PM »
I mean, he had one beauty that absolutely should’ve been downed at like the 1 yard line.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12