Author Topic: Courtney Messingham is a proven loser  (Read 29253 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Courtney Messingham is a proven loser
« Reply #325 on: December 04, 2021, 09:38:04 PM »
Some rumblings of a more robust open search to be conducted
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 04, 2021, 09:38:50 PM »
  :driving:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 04, 2021, 09:51:06 PM »

As rusty pointed out, it was always going to be this way. He didn't fire Messingham just to family farm the job. He didn't do that with the others hire he made. People are not giving Klieman the benefit of the doubt because they think he's lazy and dumb like most kso posters are.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 04, 2021, 09:56:34 PM »
I’m a little embarrassed I’ve never felt the need to look into this before, but does Kleiman need approval to name the new OC? Or would that only be necessary if their pay was greater than Mess?

I’m just a little intrigued by how some updates make this sound similar to a HC search when I really expected it would be like 99% up to Kleiman (in which case I wouldn’t really expect any interim updates).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 04, 2021, 09:58:28 PM »
I’m a little embarrassed I’ve never felt the need to look into this before, but does Kleiman need approval to name the new OC? Or would that only be necessary if their pay was greater than Mess?

I’m just a little intrigued by how some updates make this sound similar to a HC search when I really expected it would be like 99% up to Kleiman (in which case I wouldn’t really expect any interim updates).

All coaching hires have to be approved by Gene, but unless it's a huge salary increase, that approval is a rubber stamp once the background check clears.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 04, 2021, 10:04:45 PM »

As rusty pointed out, it was always going to be this way. He didn't fire Messingham just to family farm the job. He didn't do that with the others hire he made. People are not giving Klieman the benefit of the doubt because they think he's lazy and dumb like most kso posters are.

To be fair, the guy hired Messingham in the first place. And, Ray for that matter. Both of them had been fired from their only Power 5 jobs before being part of the NDSU reclamation project.

But, it would be absolutely insane for Klieman to go back to the NDSU well at this point.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 04, 2021, 10:08:46 PM »

To be fair, the guy hired Messingham in the first place. And, Ray for that matter. Both of them had been fired from their only Power 5 jobs before being part of the NDSU reclamation project.

yes but after he hired messingham he fired him which makes me think he might be willing to hire someone that isn't as close to Messingham as it gets.

He might hire two more NDSU guys, but I'd be surprised and the idea that it's a given is just so stupid

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 04, 2021, 10:31:36 PM »

But, it would be absolutely insane for Klieman to go back to the NDSU well at this point.

He was keeping a previously successful staff together, this isn't the case anymore.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 05, 2021, 12:49:11 AM »

He was keeping a previously successful staff together, this isn't the case anymore.

Klieman had the ammo to have an understanding that Messingham and Ray were not good enough to be quality power 5 level coaches (frankly - either schematically or from a recruiting standpoint - they've both been dogshit in both areas - both before KSU and during their KSU tenures).

To have moved forward with bringing them on board for the sake of continuity is silly (if - and I don't know - that was his reason). If he wanted to throw a bone to his friends, fine, I guess. Messsingham and Ray have been failures at previous coaching stops, so this end result shouldn't be some enormous surprise for anyone.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 05, 2021, 07:34:57 AM »

What other hires?  He had to replace his initial DC that never made it to campus and did it with a former NDSU guy Scottie Hazelton.  When Hazelton left he promoted Klanderman and brought in Stanard(another NDSU guy).  The only replacement he has made outside that tree so far is coach Tru, who I think has been awesome for the program.

Offline KSUfaithful

• Fan
  • Why hello there
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 05, 2021, 07:48:39 AM »

Klieman had the ammo to have an understanding that Messingham and Ray were not good enough to be quality power 5 level coaches (frankly - either schematically or from a recruiting standpoint - they've both been dogshit in both areas - both before KSU and during their KSU tenures).

To have moved forward with bringing them on board for the sake of continuity is silly (if - and I don't know - that was his reason). If he wanted to throw a bone to his friends, fine, I guess. Messsingham and Ray have been failures at previous coaching stops, so this end result shouldn't be some enormous surprise for anyone.

This 100%. These hires should really never had been made in the first place. Messingham has been a disaster everywhere he’s been - outside of his recent NDSU experience - where he basically inherited a championship team to work with. Surprisingly he didn’t screw that up. I guess some of the same points can be said for Coach K as well (inheriting a championship team and not falling off)

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 05, 2021, 07:57:01 AM »
I think Klanderman was promoted due to the situation.  Pandemic, Hazelton leaving when he did, possibly the cheapest power 5 salary.  Mixed results so far though.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 05, 2021, 01:09:44 PM »

What other hires?  He had to replace his initial DC that never made it to campus and did it with a former NDSU guy Scottie Hazelton.  When Hazelton left he promoted Klanderman and brought in Stanard(another NDSU guy).  The only replacement he has made outside that tree so far is coach Tru, who I think has been awesome for the program.

Rusty pointed out tru and I was agreeing with him.

Offline outofstate

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 17, 2021, 08:50:05 PM »
Is this the cigar dude?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 17, 2021, 08:57:28 PM »
Northern Iowa boys

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 17, 2021, 09:55:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/Wildcats_B12C/status/1471994040593920004
That would be really interesting. I love the idea of hiring someone that was at a program that kicked our ass in recruiting, even if they got fired.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 17, 2021, 09:57:05 PM »
Probably not for oc though

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 17, 2021, 10:30:20 PM »
That there’s a QB whisperer Rusty

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 17, 2021, 10:31:00 PM »
And he looks cool as eff.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 17, 2021, 10:48:05 PM »
WELCOME!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 17, 2021, 10:49:25 PM »
That there’s a QB whisperer Rusty

Yes, his track record of developing QBs is unparalleled
1977–1986
Soquel HS (CA) (assistant)
1987–1989
Gavilan College (OC/QB/WR)
1990–1991
San Jose State (GA)
1991–1993
De Anza College (assoc. HC / OC / QB / WR)
1994–1995
De Anza College
1996–2000
Rutgers (QB/RC)
2001–2005
Northern Iowa (QB)
2006–2014
Northern Iowa (co-OC/QB)
Missouri State (OC/QB)
2016–2017
UCF (QB)
2018–2021