Poll

Is Democracy At Stake?

Yes
14 (58.3%)
No
10 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Is Democracy At Stake?  (Read 6981 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Democracy At Stake?
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2022, 02:42:50 PM »
It matters sometimes in joco

How so?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2022, 02:44:40 PM »
I mean to be fair ANY election results or a even a more disastrous 1/6 coup  probably won't impact white men in any meaningful way

I think Trump managing to hold onto power after losing would have affected all of us very meaningfully. Third world dictatorships aren't good for anyone.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2022, 02:46:33 PM »
I mean to be fair ANY election results or a even a more disastrous 1/6 coup  probably won't impact white men in any meaningful way

I think Trump managing to hold onto power after losing would have affected all of us very meaningfully. Third world dictatorships aren't good for anyone.

I do believe we won't allow that to occur, for what it's worth.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2022, 02:47:41 PM »

would the health, safety, or property of white men be threatened?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2022, 02:48:59 PM »

It's hard to believe that when such a large portion of the population (even elected officials) really wants it to happen.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2022, 02:49:22 PM »

I don't know. How are white men doing in Russia?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2022, 02:50:24 PM »

It's hard to believe that when such a large portion of the population (even elected officials) really wants it to happen.

It's just my belief, but I've been wrong 3 times before--most notably on the Dobbs case.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2022, 02:52:39 PM »

Don't know. They were definitely poorer than American ones before the war started but they're probably fine. :dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2022, 02:53:11 PM »
147 elected officials walked across broken glass and feces to vote against certifying the election.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2022, 02:54:08 PM »

Don't know. They were definitely poorer than American ones before the war started but they're probably fine. :dunno:

They are all poor enough that it's worth their time and effort to steal large appliances from war zones and try to get that crap back home.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2022, 02:57:18 PM »

They are all poor enough that it's worth their time and effort to steal large appliances from war zones and try to get that crap back home.

This.  Life in russia for all but a few is an absolute horrorshow

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2022, 02:57:44 PM »
147 elected officials walked across broken glass and feces to vote against certifying the election.

this is much more harmful for our democracy than if an elected official got assassinated, but i'm pretty sure _33 knows that

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2022, 02:59:36 PM »

But when has it not been?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2022, 03:02:48 PM »

If you are asking for an example of when a free country decided to stop being one, those are sort of hard to find. I guess you could point to Iran. I don't think things are better for men in Iran today than they were in the 60s, but at least they don't live the nightmare that women do. I wouldn't exactly say they were free in the 60s either, though.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2022, 03:03:29 PM »

literally never.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2022, 03:05:29 PM »
If Trump had retained power in January 2021, the safety and property and liberty of his opponents, in his party and outside, would absolutely be in jeopardy regardless of ethnicity/sex.

I mean, there were people ready to kill the republican pro-life conservative white vice president for him on 1/6.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2022, 03:07:14 PM »

I heard a stat 2 weeks ago that the avg age expectancy of a man in russia right now is 57.    :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2022, 03:07:14 PM »

If you are asking for an example of when a free country decided to stop being one, those are sort of hard to find. I guess you could point to Iran. I don't think things are better for men in Iran today than they were in the 60s, but at least they don't live the nightmare that women do. I wouldn't exactly say they were free in the 60s either, though.
I'm not asking for any of that. I'm saying white men in America will not be impacted by election results at any time, even if an election is wrongfully overthrown. you brought up white Russian men for some reason

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2022, 03:08:48 PM »

I'm not asking for any of that. I'm saying white men in America will not be impacted by election results at any time, even if an election is wrongfully overthrown. you brought up white Russian men for some reason

You only have to overthrow one election for elections to no longer matter. What country has a dictatorship that white men are doing well in?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2022, 03:11:10 PM »
It matters sometimes in joco

How so?
I mean locally I guess not got for pres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2022, 03:15:24 PM »
OK, I'm putting Rage Against The McKee down for 'yes'.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2022, 03:16:09 PM »

I heard a stat 2 weeks ago that the avg age expectancy of a man in russia right now is 57.    :dunno:

imagine making it to 28 and knowing its half over.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2022, 03:26:43 PM »

imagine making it to 28 and knowing its half over.

I mean, I am 44.  I get it.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2022, 05:13:12 PM »
This reminds me of people who were in denial over COVID. Or climate change. Or whatever people don't want to believe is actually happening.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2022, 05:24:18 PM »
_33, could you expand on why you don't think a coup is a threat to democracy? Are you under the impression that trump would have followed the constitution and just gone on with business as usual if the plan had succeeded?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite