Author Topic: Matt Walters Border Patrol Recap  (Read 1464 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Matt Walters Border Patrol Recap
« on: September 06, 2019, 10:10:02 AM »
-For first game, very crisp and clean.....thoughts? Very smooth. Skylar on target all game. Guys having fun. All things considered, game 1, not much to complain about.

-What was most impressive about Skylar? Really only one bad ball he threw all night....and that might of been more of a bad route by Knowles. And, without him running so much, he looks much healthier and should remain so.

-Thoughts on RB's? They all impressed me, even Tyler Burns. These aren't the most explosive backs that will blow by people, but perfect for wearing down defenses.

-Defense gave up 7 yards per play...is that a concern? Thing that stood out to me was beginning of second half Nichols attacked K-State right up front.....with success. I think they know they need to improve and will come out with little chip on their shoulder tomorrow.

-Prediction? 49-14 K-State

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:03:11 AM by 'taterblast »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Walters Border Patrol Recap (Bowling Green Edition)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 10:13:23 AM »
that score seems familiar

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Walters Border Patrol Recap (Bowling Green Edition)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 10:55:15 AM »
My mind keeps telling me this will be a challenging game because I once got bored on playstation football and took over bowling green and made them a powerhouse.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Walters Border Patrol Recap
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 09:03:21 AM »
-Not the same MSU team, is it? No, but quantitative leap in competition tomorrow. Throw in first road game, cowbells, extreme heat and humidity....and it'll be interesting.

-How has K-State looked so sharp? Yeah, it has been impressive. Sense of enthusiasm. The newness has inspired this team. When you're playing football, you have to have fun...and they are.

-Challenge of not knowing QB? Well, they all have the same things in common. They are big and athletic. The level of execution might be different, but the characteristics are the same. So, same game-plan for the defense.

-Prediction? Been difficult for K-State to win these big road games the last decade. K-State needs to get out of the gate fast and not fall behind by two scores. But, I do predict K-State to be sharp and come out with 24-20 win.

(Only a few weeks into Matt being on border patrol, but it's these types of games I miss having Stan on. As hard as it is to listen to his rambling, he goes deeper with his comments and, if you listen carefully, you can tell what kind of realistic chance K-State has in any given contest. Matt, to me at least, seems to just repeat things we all hear on the web....but he is a lot easier to listen to)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Walters Border Patrol Recap
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 09:08:31 AM »
stan was on at 6:30 this morning, didn't catch much of it, so have no recap, just wanted to say he was on if you needed your stanbot fix