Author Topic: Waters Calmed...  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Powercat84

• Fan
    • View Profile
Waters Calmed...
« on: August 31, 2019, 06:44:36 PM »
 :lynchmob: :ksu:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Fatcatvoodo

• Fan
  • FloridaCat
    • View Profile
Re: Waters Calmed...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 07:08:54 PM »
Just started streaming the game.  Missed the new entrance but heard the commentators mention something about it.  What did we do?

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 07:19:37 PM »
Just started streaming the game.  Missed the new entrance but heard the commentators mention something about it.  What did we do?

Didn't seem much different except Jordy was giving high fives

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 09:26:21 PM »
Offense looked just like NDSU.

Surprisingly refreshing from Synder's Fred flintstone battering ram offense.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 02:20:43 AM »
it feels like he is a high floor kind of guy. sometimes get lucky and have 10 win seasons. boring but i guess entertaining enough.

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 04:15:04 AM »
Jake waters? Whatever happened to him anyways
titletown..lulz

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 06:40:22 AM »
Jake waters? Whatever happened to him anyways
He’s a 30 under 30 guy by ESPN coaching at Utep

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 12:24:47 PM »

Jordy opened the doors to the locker room, players walk to the closed garage door, players stand at the garage door until most players are out of the locker room, garage door opens, players run out through purple smoke and there are two seven foot purple boxes with powercats on them that shoot fireworks that the players also run through after the smoke.

They started the smoke.machine late so it barely existed for the first few players, by the time the last players and coaches came through some of them were waiving their hands in front of their faces, was kind of funny.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 01:00:08 PM »

And no 90s looking Cat train, which seems to be replaced by a 60 second countdown featuring star players doing cool poses and also pyrotechnics on the screens.

Still crazy train tho. It’s pretty great, but crazy train is soooo lame and boring.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 04:11:34 PM »
Yeah, I was a little underwhelmed by the new non-cat train intro video.  It skipped seconds during the countdown in weird ways that upset me.  But overall it was fine.  Crowd was great. 

But I do have one other thing that I'd like to talk about to see if it bothered anyone else:  the girl that did the cute little games and stuff during timeouts...her voice was very shrill and grating over the loud speakers.  I'm sure her voice is just fine in person, but over the speakers it sent needles into my ears and brain.  Just me?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 05:03:01 PM »
Yeah, I was a little underwhelmed by the new non-cat train intro video.  It skipped seconds during the countdown in weird ways that upset me.  But overall it was fine.  Crowd was great. 

But I do have one other thing that I'd like to talk about to see if it bothered anyone else:  the girl that did the cute little games and stuff during timeouts...her voice was very shrill and grating over the loud speakers.  I'm sure her voice is just fine in person, but over the speakers it sent needles into my ears and brain.  Just me?

Word on the street is it was an audio engineering thing. I’ve heard her do sidelines for lower tier Cat sports on TV, and she didn’t sound too loud or screechy at all then.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 05:06:02 PM »
I hope we never do the “Legends Race” or whatever ever again. That was just rough ridin' brutal to watch.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »
klieman was an amazing hire.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 02:02:11 AM »
I hope we never do the “Legends Race” or whatever ever again. That was just rough ridin' brutal to watch.

Holy crap, that was amazing. TBT, lighten up, my guy.

For those who didn't see it, the legends race is essentially our answer to the sausage race, or the presidents race in Washington. They had three costumes made, uniforms and massive heads without helmets for three players, Jordy, Mike, and Darren. The costumes looked like the giant bobbleheads that are now in Bramlage, if you've seen them. Anyway, the likenesses are very good considering what they are and that unlike the presidents, whomever made these things have no idea what these people look like. So they paid attention to detail, knowing these runners are wypipo they had every inch on skin covered; long pants, tall socks, long sleeved under shirts, football gloves. So this, like the rest of these things everywhere else, wasn't really a race (a 40, by the way), it was a sketch. When they said go Mike dropped back for a pass while Darren and Jordy started running, well Mike then started running then passed the other two, then instead of running through the "tape" a.k.a toilet paper, he hurdled it, completely, which holy crap, he/she was wearing a costume with a head twice the size of the Willie head.

They're definitely doing it every game and will keep standings on the scoreboard, those costumes were absolutely each in the four figures, easily, that isn't a one time expense. I have no idea why they refuse to dress Willie up like that, he wouldn't need a full body costume then.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2019, 07:54:56 AM »

For those who didn't see it, the legends race is essentially our answer to the sausage race, or the presidents race in Washington. They had three costumes made, uniforms and massive heads without helmets for three players, Jordy, Mike, and Darren. The costumes looked like the giant bobbleheads that are now in Bramlage, if you've seen them. Anyway, the likenesses are very good considering what they are and that unlike the presidents, whomever made these things have no idea what these people look like. So they paid attention to detail, knowing these runners are wypipo they had every inch on skin covered; long pants, tall socks, long sleeved under shirts, football gloves. So this, like the rest of these things everywhere else, wasn't really a race (a 40, by the way), it was a sketch. When they said go Mike dropped back for a pass while Darren and Jordy started running, well Mike then started running then passed the other two, then instead of running through the "tape" a.k.a toilet paper, he hurdled it, completely, which holy crap, he/she was wearing a costume with a head twice the size of the Willie head.

They're definitely doing it every game and will keep standings on the scoreboard, those costumes were absolutely each in the four figures, easily, that isn't a one time expense. I have no idea why they refuse to dress Willie up like that, he wouldn't need a full body costume then.

Agree, it was great.

Remember that car racing crap they did last year? Now that was bad.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 11:13:47 AM »

Agree, it was great.

Remember that car racing crap they did last year? Now that was bad.
Yes, awful. My kids loved it though, they got to use the app and they thought they were actually making a difference in the race.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 04:52:51 PM »
The legends race was awesome. Those costumes were legit. As MIR pointed out, Willie should take note on covering the skin.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 07:38:40 PM »
Anyone got a vid of this legends race?  Sounds great!