Author Topic: Kobach running for Senate  (Read 9700 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kobach running for Senate
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2020, 09:21:16 AM »
Most Kansas republicans actually agree with Kobach's policies and even his demeanor. A lot of them just don't want to vote for him because he's a born loser. Hamilton gives those people hope.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2020, 11:35:03 AM »
I heard a Bob Hamilton campaign commercial on the radio this morning.  The topic was border wall and immigration.  He was bashing Marshall for not supporting Drumpf and the wall (with audio clips to support), and he was selling himself on helping Drumpf build the wall and stopping illegals from getting into our country. 

As a registered Republican, this party is a dumpster fire.  This Rep party in Kansas continues to spit out extreme right candidates.  I will most likely switch my registration after the election

The blue wave is going to last for minimum 2 terms.  The Rep party will suffer for years due to the extreme white nationalism that Drumpf glorified. 

I feel bad for the McCain's, Kasich's and Romney's of the Republican voters.  The party got away from them.       

I was never registered to a party until 2 years ago when I registered as a R just to vote against Kobach in the Gov primary. I wouldn't switch your registration since voting for the least crazy person in the R primary has a greater impact.

I guess that means ole Dr Marshall is getting my vote in this primary.
There is a yard down the street that has THREE Kobach signs in it. Kobach signs are metastasizing around town this morning.

Does anyone have recommendations for a nice Canadian province or or South American country (not Brazil, maybe Uraguay) where I could move?

EDIT: National news outlets are taking notice of this primary: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kansas-gop-infighting-gives-democrats-hope-of-nabbing-senate-seat Seems like Bob "Electrify The Wall" Hamilton would tend to split votes away from Kobach instead of Marshall but maybe I'm misreading this...

Uruguay would be your best bet in South America, by far the country down there with it's crap most together. If you go to Canada, try BC or Alberta (specifically Calgary). I've worked enough in Saskatchewan to know it's basically the western KS of Canada in basically every single way. It's fine, just, you know, it's not going to be that big of an improvement. Same goes for Manitoba. I am guessing you don't want to go to Ontario, Quebec (better learn french) and the coastal provinces are basically the New England of Canada.

At least overall in Canada, their overall middle is basically several places left compared to here. A much more functional and cost effective healthcare system, and a banking system people actually like. They do have federal police everywhere though, but that's just cause outside of Toronto and Montreal basically everyone uses the RCMP. Just how it is. I think it works out fine tho.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2020, 11:56:07 AM »
I heard a Bob Hamilton campaign commercial on the radio this morning.  The topic was border wall and immigration.  He was bashing Marshall for not supporting Drumpf and the wall (with audio clips to support), and he was selling himself on helping Drumpf build the wall and stopping illegals from getting into our country. 

As a registered Republican, this party is a dumpster fire.  This Rep party in Kansas continues to spit out extreme right candidates.  I will most likely switch my registration after the election

The blue wave is going to last for minimum 2 terms.  The Rep party will suffer for years due to the extreme white nationalism that Drumpf glorified. 

I feel bad for the McCain's, Kasich's and Romney's of the Republican voters.  The party got away from them.       

I was never registered to a party until 2 years ago when I registered as a R just to vote against Kobach in the Gov primary. I wouldn't switch your registration since voting for the least crazy person in the R primary has a greater impact.

There is a yard down the street that has THREE Kobach signs in it. Kobach signs are metastasizing around town this morning.

Does anyone have recommendations for a nice Canadian province or or South American country (not Brazil, maybe Uraguay) where I could move?

EDIT: National news outlets are taking notice of this primary: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kansas-gop-infighting-gives-democrats-hope-of-nabbing-senate-seat Seems like Bob "Electrify The Wall" Hamilton would tend to split votes away from Kobach instead of Marshall but maybe I'm misreading this...

Uruguay would be your best bet in South America, by far the country down there with it's crap most together. If you go to Canada, try BC or Alberta (specifically Calgary). I've worked enough in Saskatchewan to know it's basically the western KS of Canada in basically every single way. It's fine, just, you know, it's not going to be that big of an improvement. Same goes for Manitoba. I am guessing you don't want to go to Ontario, Quebec (better learn french) and the coastal provinces are basically the New England of Canada.

At least overall in Canada, their overall middle is basically several places left compared to here. A much more functional and cost effective healthcare system, and a banking system people actually like. They do have federal police everywhere though, but that's just cause outside of Toronto and Montreal basically everyone uses the RCMP. Just how it is. I think it works out fine tho.
Does Uruguay have job opportunities for people who only speak English?

Calgary would be pretty close to Banff / Lake Louise which would be awesome. How does the cost of living in Vancouver compare to Alberta? I don't speak French so Quebec might not be the best fit.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2020, 12:24:18 PM »

Calgary would be pretty close to Banff / Lake Louise which would be awesome. How does the cost of living in Vancouver compare to Alberta? I don't speak French so Quebec might not be the best fit.

I'm sure if you have a technical degree or the like english won't matter as much. BC is def expensive, more so than AB. Vancouver is basically the Seattle of Canada. Calgary would more reasonable, Edmonton even more reasonable but not as nice.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2020, 12:27:11 PM »

I'm sure if you have a technical degree or the like english won't matter as much. BC is def expensive, more so than AB. Vancouver is basically the Seattle of Canada. Calgary would more reasonable, Edmonton even more reasonable but not as nice.
:thumbs:

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2020, 12:30:30 PM »
Costa Rica for something a little more Americanized.  Lots of enclaves of ex-pats, plenty moving in/out/around for tourism.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2020, 12:45:57 PM »
Costa Rica for something a little more Americanized.  Lots of enclaves of ex-pats, plenty moving in/out/around for tourism.
You're reminding me of that episode of Parts Unknown where Anthony Bourdain talks about Americans in the Bahamas.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2020, 12:51:44 PM »
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Thank breaks down for me:

Language: 24
Education: 25 (I'm sure it'll be, how else would I have gotten 2 visas this far using engineering, which makes it super easy)
Work Experience: 11

That's 72 before even the job offer part. I'm sure I could get that arranged if need be.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2020, 01:07:11 PM »
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Education: 25 (I'm sure it'll be, how else would I have gotten 2 visas this far using engineering, which makes it super easy)

That's 72 before even the job offer part. I'm sure I could get that arranged if need be.

I’m at 67 right now before the 5 bonus points I think I’d get for adaptability, but I lose a point every birthday. I think I’m going to apply ASAP. You can get streamlined if a province wants you, and maybe they would if I promised to work remotely there where americans are paying me but I’d be spending my money there. :dunno:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2020, 01:47:13 PM »
drove by a Kobach sign that said

"Vote Kobach"
"Build the Wall!"

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2020, 02:16:51 PM »
drove by a Kobach sign that said

"Vote Kobach"
"Build the Wall!"

Lol it's true, all the ones I saw down I70 have em.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2020, 02:20:01 PM »

I’m at 67 right now before the 5 bonus points I think I’d get for adaptability, but I lose a point every birthday. I think I’m going to apply ASAP. You can get streamlined if a province wants you, and maybe they would if I promised to work remotely there where americans are paying me but I’d be spending my money there. :dunno:

I know a crown corp in Saskatchewan that would make it be a slam dunk. I just don't want to live there. But yeah, might as well go for it. Vancouver would be a pretty easy jump

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2020, 05:11:25 PM »
You're reminding me of that episode of Parts Unknown where Anthony Bourdain talks about Americans in the Bahamas.

Its the "enclaves of ex-pats" isn't it?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2020, 11:19:52 AM »
Just read that Costa Rica is closed to Americans. I guess they don't want immigrants from disease-ridden nations bringing disgusting diseases into their tropical paradise for some reason.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2020, 12:29:21 PM »
That’s 4d chess off turning us into the shithole country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2020, 08:19:33 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2020, 08:22:56 AM »
TRASHCAN

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2020, 08:34:58 AM »
TRASHCAN

nicname jr went crazy with label maker one day
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2020, 09:04:46 AM »
:lol:

Post pics of everything else like that.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2020, 09:07:06 AM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2020, 10:05:09 AM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2020, 10:25:20 AM »
TRASHCAN

nicname jr went crazy with label maker one day
That's awesome. I have a kid who who do the same thing if given a label maker.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2020, 12:00:50 PM »

Post pics of everything else like that.

Most of them are gone. There is still one in the bathroom that reads “light switch.” It is, in fact, on the light switch.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 12:26:59 PM by nicname »

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2020, 12:48:06 PM »
There is still one in the bathroom that reads “light switch.” It is, in fact, on the light switch.