Author Topic: Jim Joyce  (Read 5800 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Jim Joyce
« on: June 02, 2010, 08:01:41 PM »
Are you rough ridin' kidding me dude?

:facepalm:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Jim Joyce
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 08:05:32 PM »
his wiki page was taking a beating a bit ago.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 08:17:43 PM »
What a POS human being
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 08:19:03 PM »
Flat out garbage call.

Jim Joyce has  :opcat: written all over him...

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 08:44:27 PM »
Major league baseball....
 :flush:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 10:32:18 PM »
Holy crap...Soo many things going on there...

Did you see the look on the pitchers face?? omg priceless
Did you see the facial hair on Joyce?? omg awesome
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 08:51:10 AM »
That was brutal.  Don Dekinger thought that was a bad call.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 10:34:03 AM »
CALL MAY BE REVERSED:
courtesy-espn

Selig would likely consult with his top advisers before making such a ruling. St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa says the call should be overturned.

Joyce was scheduled to be back at work Thursday afternoon, umpiring at home plate in the game between the Tigers and Indians.

Tigers manager Jim Leyland said MLB gave Joyce the option to not work Thursday's game between Detroit and Cleveland, but Joyce chose to stick with his job behind the plate. Leyland added that Galarraga would present the lineup card and shake hands with Joyce at home plate before the afternoon game.

"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 10:50:30 AM »
Are you fracking kidding me dude?

I bet all you Royals fans on here don't want replay.......If they did in '85 you guys would have won nothing!  HAH!
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 10:55:42 AM »

I bet all you Royals fans on here don't want replay.......If they did in '85 you guys would have won nothing!  HAH!
:surprised:

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 01:37:05 PM »

Wow nothing like 25 year old smack talk.  grudge much?

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 01:49:23 PM »

To be fair you guys could've just won game 7 :dunno:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »
To give Jim credit he has handled the situation perfectly. Still an awful call. IMHO, if I was the first base coach in that situation I would give the pitcher the benefit of the doubt on the play with what was at stake.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 02:14:13 PM »

To be fair you guys could've just won game 7 :dunno:

True, we could have, and it's not really smack on the Royals, just the dumba$$ ump, you'd be pissed too if George didn't get his one ring cuz of a horrible call.  Am I right?

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 10:04:20 AM »
Mad props to Galarraga for accepting the bad call as part of the game.  His reaction to the call set the stage for the transcendence of this story beyond baseball.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 10:03:48 PM »
To give Jim credit he has handled the situation perfectly. Still an awful call. IMHO, if I was the first base coach in that situation I would give the pitcher the benefit of the doubt on the play with what was at stake.

I assume you meant umpire. In which case, if you gave the pitcher the 'benefit of the doubt' you'd be a terrible umpire and shouldn't be anywhere near competitive baseball.
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 11:27:30 PM »

I assume you meant umpire. In which case, if you gave the pitcher the 'benefit of the doubt' you'd be a terrible umpire and shouldn't be anywhere near competitive baseball.
On a close questionable play like that though? I'd probably still give the tie to the defense since he was throwing a perfect game.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 11:53:55 PM »

On a close questionable play like that though? I'd probably still give the tie to the defense since he was throwing a perfect game.

Close, questionable plays are what umpires make calls on all the time. Fans at home had the advantage of watching it from three different camera angles and seeing it 500 times over the next two days so we could him and haw over it. It was a close play with the ball almost coming back out of Galarraga's glove and Joyce made a call. In retrospect it was wrong but it wasn't all that bad. Big difference.
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 08:04:14 AM »

Close, questionable plays are what umpires make calls on all the time. Fans at home had the advantage of watching it from three different camera angles and seeing it 500 times over the next two days so we could him and haw over it. It was a close play with the ball almost coming back out of Galarraga's glove and Joyce made a call. In retrospect it was wrong but it wasn't all that bad. Big difference.
No it was pretty bad, final out of a perfect game and the runner was out my at least one step.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 11:10:48 AM »
Why haven't you all bowed down yet to the Joyce Handlebar Stache?
[

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 07:11:06 PM »

No it was pretty bad, final out of a perfect game and the runner was out my at least one step.

lol. This is why Americans have lost interest in baseball. Most don't understand the rules.
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 10:04:02 PM »

You are refusing to acknowledge something that the umpire himself has already acknowledged.  Weird.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 10:09:35 PM »

lol. This is why Americans have lost interest in baseball. Most don't understand the rules.
No I understand the rules. I think you are overruled in this decision.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 10:56:35 PM »
This isn't the Bush model of the country's education system. I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave you both behind. Sometimes, you just have to realize when someone just "won't/can't understand concepts" and leave them by the side of the road. :frown:
Fly, Eddie. Fly.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 11:08:36 PM »
This isn't the Bush model of the country's education system. I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave you both behind. Sometimes, you just have to realize when someone just "won't/can't understand concepts" and leave them by the side of the road. :frown:
What concept?