Author Topic: Pharmaceutical Companies being giant POS  (Read 7374 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Pharmaceutical Companies being giant POS
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 10:24:34 PM »
Flooding the labor pool with low income immigrants is very pro-business because it makes labor cheaper

(Not the only reason)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 10:32:22 PM »
Flooding the labor pool with low income immigrants is very pro-business because it makes labor cheaper

(Not the only reason)
You guys want a $15 minimum wage movement too. For Fast food workers. I didn’t get this out of college. Free college too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 10:38:38 PM »

keeping a tenth of the labor force illegal depresses wages.  legalizing them would not have that effect.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 10:41:30 PM »
You guys want a $15 minimum wage movement too. For Fast food workers. I didn’t get this out of college. Free college too!

anchoring your policy preferences in ensuring that conditions remain unchanged from when you graduated from college doesn't make a ton of sense to me.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 10:48:17 PM »

keeping a tenth of the labor force illegal depresses wages.  legalizing them would not have that effect.
You might be right, assuming immigration stops

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 10:48:19 PM »
There needs to be a in between in this matter. Giving a over minimum wage for normal work, doesn’t push this countries people to work for greater things. We’ll get dumber and lazier with time. People will stop pushing themselves, because “it’s comfortable “.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2020, 10:53:18 PM »

you don't need to assume immigration stops.  immigration doesn't depress the wages of native-born workers.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2020, 10:54:53 PM »
There needs to be a in between in this matter. Giving a over minimum wage for normal work, doesn’t push this countries people to work for greater things. We’ll get dumber and lazier with time. People will stop pushing themselves, because “it’s comfortable “.

Idk, Wacks. $15/hr for a fry cook at McD's wouldn't make one fat and happy--McD's fries and weed do that. Assuming 2,080 work hours in a year, that works out to a gross amount of $31,200. Consider the fact that most McD's workers probably don't work 2,080 hours/yr, and then factor in taxes, healthcare, etc., and it's not exactly easy livin', even at $15/hr.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2020, 10:55:32 PM »
btw, i've told you this before, but it is very tiresome that you continually suggest that i'm trolling when i post something you disagree with.  i sometimes write something as a joke, irony, sarcasm, what have you.  i think it's usually pretty obvious.  i do not troll.  i have almost no interest in soliciting responses to my posts.

you should really just accept that we have different opinions on some subjects.

I don't think you're trolling because you disagree with me, I think you're trolling because I'm attempting to give you credit for not sounding like a rough ridin' lunatic. You called that woman trash and a piece of crap not because she did anything harmful or offensive to another human being but because she has a different viewpoint on how to grow the economy of the country. You started this rant because she had the audacity to tell a pharma executive that his bonuses shouldn't be directly tied to increasing the cost of cancer medication.

I'm assuming you're trolling because presumably people here, that I know, also know you personally and don't think you're a despicable, intolerant sack of crap who would call a stranger trash and a piece of crap based on such flimsy reasoning. Just like I assumed you aren't a rough ridin' abhorrent human being who spent three years being serious calling people nazis because of they like a college basketball team.

If you want me and I suppose everyone else to take you seriously when you're behaving like a rough ridin' psychopath, I certainly will. I'd like to think the people I know who know you, and the same people who presumably also aren't taking you seriously when sound like an unhinged lunatic are a better judge of character than to think you are serious when you do this stupid crap.

sys is basically a never-trump republican who used to hate cops that posts with the zeal of the dirtbag left

I mean I don't care about his politics in this case. Most of this board are never trumper republicans, but they don't behave like unhinged lunatics. I don't remember steve dave calling Rashida Talib an ignorant $!#*. I don't remember you calling Brian Fitzpatrick a stupid cocksucker. I thought the dude wasn't a psychopath, guess I was wrong. Homeboy seemed to be pissed I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2020, 11:02:07 PM »

Idk, Wacks. $15/hr for a fry cook at McD's wouldn't make one fat and happy--McD's fries and weed do that. Assuming 2,080 work hours in a year, that works out to a gross amount of $31,200. Consider the fact that most McD's workers probably don't work 2,080 hours/yr, and then factor in taxes, healthcare, etc., and it's not exactly easy livin', even at $15/hr.
No student loans though. You could live like a king in some places in America. I made 24K out of college doing pbp, radio, and sales in Garden City. Learned about life real quick and adjusted my future.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2020, 11:03:27 PM »
Homeboy seemed to be pissed I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

i was mad because i've asked you several times to stop implying that i'm trolling, an allegation that is belied by probably something like 99.99% of my posts, and you continue to do so.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2020, 11:04:19 PM »
Also worked like 60 hours a week doing this, with a bartender gig, when I wasn’t calling games.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2020, 11:07:55 PM »
how well would that lifestyle work for you currently, wackycat?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2020, 11:08:29 PM »
implying that i'm trolling, an allegation that is belied by probably something like 99.99% of my posts

:bait:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2020, 11:09:25 PM »

you don't need to assume immigration stops.  immigration doesn't depress the wages of native-born workers.

That's not what I said

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2020, 11:12:00 PM »
implying that i'm trolling, an allegation that is belied by probably something like 99.99% of my posts

:bait:

Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2020, 11:15:07 PM »
That's not what I said

then why would you need to assume that immigration stops?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2020, 11:22:35 PM »
Homeboy seemed to be pissed I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

i was mad because i've asked you several times to stop implying that i'm trolling, an allegation that is belied by probably something like 99.99% of my posts, and you continue to do so.

I told you specifically why in this case I legitimately thought you were trolling. The other three times I've done it on this board were probably best described by rusty, I misunderstood where you were politically, although I'm guessing in those cases the reaction was because I felt you were overly harsh or seemed to take something relatively trivial, personally. Now I know better, it won't happen again. I will take literally every word you type on a message board very seriously and not as trolling, sarcasm, satire, or facetiousness.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2020, 11:24:52 PM »
how well would that lifestyle work for you currently, wackycat?
I overcame it, bud. It was 5 years of bullshit, but I did it. Kinda what this country is about.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2020, 11:25:18 PM »
I will take literally every word you type on a message board very seriously and not as trolling, sarcasm, satire, or facetiousness.

that's all i've ever wanted.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2020, 11:26:12 PM »

No student loans though. You could live like a king in some places in America. I made 24K out of college doing pbp, radio, and sales in Garden City. Learned about life real quick and adjusted my future.

Great post, welcome back spracne.

Wacky, I wouldn't make the assumption that fast food workers don't have student loans, even if they didn't, so what? I'd be willing to bet we could eliminate some student debt by increasing the minimum wage. I bet you worked a job in college for the current embarrassing federal minimum wage, like most of us did.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2020, 11:26:59 PM »
I will take literally every word you type on a message board very seriously and not as trolling, sarcasm, satire, or facetiousness.

lol, I doubt that but you got it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2020, 11:28:33 PM »
I overcame it, bud. It was 5 years of bullshit, but I did it. Kinda what this country is about.

maybe we can chalk up the unfortunately easy life of 22 year old recent graduates as a price we're willing to pay so that others who need to work the same jobs to survive can live a life of dignity?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2020, 11:32:34 PM »
You’re correct, MIR. But as an assistant sports director for 91.9, I cut hours to make sure I had enough tape to get a gig after college. I was obviously oblivious to the future of sports radio, but I was drowned in private loan debt that will happily be paid off in the next two years, so I feel like I’ve come a long way. I want to help out future ppl, but don’t feel like hand outs will help them.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2020, 11:32:55 PM »

lol, I doubt that but you got it.

:sigh:  you couldn't even make it through one post.