Author Topic: Big Day for LibDerp Nation and Resident LibDerp Nation: Assange  (Read 2821 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Big Day for LibDerp Nation and Resident LibDerp Nation: Assange
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2019, 10:52:05 PM »
I actually subscribe to LibDerp Nation, but the most recent issue hasn't come yet, so I haven't been told what to think yet. I'll put a pin in it and get back to you.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2019, 12:12:12 AM »
I actually subscribe to LibDerp Nation, but the most recent issue hasn't come yet, so I haven't been told what to think yet. I'll put a pin in it and get back to you.

I actually received mine earlier this week. They send them to me via email now, which is super weird, but whatever.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2019, 02:05:32 PM »
Let's check in on LibDerp Nation.

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1131950949419892742

That's one guy Chum . . .

The article I posted, and the actual words coming out of the mouths (as reported anyway) of the leaders of LibDerp nation tell an entirely different story.   The fact that you are co-mingling the words of a singular writer with the actual thoughts of LibDerp leaders is . . . telling.

In addition, when Roger Stone was making headlines, LibDerp Nation considered JA a willing accomplice with Trump and the Evil Russians to ensure LibDerp Hero, the mega corrupt Hillary Clinton didn't get elected.   The venom was palpable as I've already shown.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2019, 02:06:45 PM »
In addition to the prior-requested Venn diagram, I'd like to see the LN org chart.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2019, 02:09:42 PM »
Those are comments on different charges, dude.

LOL, yeah, because the tone of "he got what he deserved" is suddenly going to do a 180 in LibDerp Nation.
  :lol: :lol:
There has been plenty of over-the-top gloating about Assange’s arrest. In the Atlantic, Michael Weiss said Assange “got what he deserved”. Some Democratic politicians have been salivating at the possibility of prosecuting him. Hillary Clinton said that Assange needs to “answer for what he has done”. Charles Schumer said he hoped Assange “will soon be held to account for his meddling in our elections on behalf of Putin and the Russian government”. Dianne Feinstein has been calling for Assange to be brought here and prosecuted since 2010. The West Virginia Democratic senator Joe Manchin went even further, with the truly disturbing comment that “now [Assange is] our property and we can get the facts and truth from him”. Nor did Bernie Sanders speak up to defend Assange, opting for the same shameful silence he has taken on the imprisonment of whistleblower Chelsea Manning. The other 2020 candidates, with the exception of Mike Gravel and Tulsi Gabbard, have also stayed quiet.

It's behind a pay wall but WaPo had to remind LibDerps not to gloat "too much" about JA's arrest.

Do you read and have a subscription to the paper copy of the WaPo?

No . . . what does that have to do with anything?

Chill out bud, I was just curious.

I'm always chill

Need some supporting witness testimony.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2019, 02:11:04 PM »
Sorry Chum (not really)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/julian-assange-is-not-a-free-press-hero-and-he-is-long-overdue-for-personal-accountability/2019/04/11/90f901ba-5c86-11e9-842d-7d3ed7eb3957_story.html?utm_term=.7d68e7607dfb

Julian Assange is not a free-press hero. And he is long overdue for personal accountability.
The countless other Editorial Board pieces on how JA was just a "narcissist" undeserving of freedom of the press defense.

Just an activist . . . not a real journalist according to CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/11/opinions/julian-assange-activist-not-journalist-ghitis/index.html

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2019, 02:13:52 PM »
The NYT's . . . no protections for JA!  Sorry, not a "real" journalist.

According to them it's "indisputable" that JA committed crimes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/opinion/assange-wikileaks-arrest.html

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2019, 02:23:59 PM »
Yeah, just like before, those opinions pertain to different charges.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2019, 02:24:54 PM »
Why am I even responding to dax lately? It's so not worth it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2019, 03:09:57 PM »
Yeah, just like before, those opinions pertain to different charges.

LOL, then why all the alarm by press freedom activists?

Some of the top  highly left leaning news organizations in the world disavowed JA back in April "not a real journalist".

"Any government use of the Espionage Act to criminalize the receipt and publication of classified information poses a dire threat to journalists seeking to publish such information in the public interest, irrespective of the Justice Department’s assertion that Assange is not a journalist," oscar Brown-Executive Director of Reporters for Freedom of the Press

Sorry oscar, the NYT, CNN etc. etc. have clearly put their stake in the ground that says JA is a narcissistic activist showboat who is not a real journalist, and thus is not entitled to 1st amendment/freedom of the press protections.

Why am I even responding to ChumDummy lately, he doesn't even read what's right there in front of his face.