Author Topic: season ticket talk  (Read 11515 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: season ticket talk
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2021, 07:35:17 PM »
Just chop off the whole top deck. How many people are up there anyway?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Denied.

Stademonger’s ruling:

In order to be a big-time modern football stadium, it must have permanent bleachers on all four sides of the field and have at least one side with a decent-sized upper deck accessible to low-to middle income fans. Minimum is 15 rows — anything less is small-timey and embarrassing. Yes, the seating capacity arms race is pretty much over, there’s no argument about that. But there’s a limit to that, and as conference NCAA realignment rears its ugly and inevitable head again, it would be nice to be able to say that our stadium isn’t a laughable <50,000.

No one besides the penile challenged fan is going to give a single eff if the stadium seats 47,500. No one cares about that anymore as more and more schools struggle to fill their overbuilt stadiums.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2021, 08:37:29 PM »
Smdh @ the image shaming in that post
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2021, 08:39:22 PM »
I cannot imagine being the least bit concerned about seating capacity in this, the year of our Flying Spaghetti Monster 2021. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2021, 08:43:25 PM »
Body shaming the penile challenged?  :nono:

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2021, 08:53:56 PM »
Maybe put a nice fall crop up there like they did at the old stadium. Milo would be beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2023, 10:17:23 AM »
I know I'm coming back for multiple games but can't decide if I should get season tix or just buy them for each game. I know going forward I'll want to come back more often which is why not sure if I should establish the tix now or just wait.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2023, 10:19:47 AM »
I know I'm coming back for multiple games but can't decide if I should get season tix or just buy them for each game. I know going forward I'll want to come back more often which is why not sure if I should establish the tix now or just wait.
What's that Ahearn Fund look like? Would you be able to break even on selling your tickets to an EMAW the weeks you aren't gonna be in town?
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2023, 10:26:50 AM »
What's that Ahearn Fund look like? Would you be able to break even on selling your tickets to an EMAW the weeks you aren't gonna be in town?

Well I was looking at the west side and it's a $1300 per ticket donation. Which is fine, but probably wouldn't be able to break even since the tickets are $400 a piece. I have always been in the south endzone for the most part or the student section but I don't want to deal with the sun and junk now, also want a better view then the endzone.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2023, 10:52:59 AM »
 We forgot to renew our season tix on time last year (were debating upgrading), and ended up just buying the two 3-game packages instead. Saved a boatload of money and enjoyed our SEZ seats just fine.

Thinking about doing the same this season.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2023, 10:59:14 AM »
I have absolutely zero idea how expensive actual tickets are since we are still getting young alum tickets at a very cheap rate. My requirements are that as long as we are in the shade then that's all I care about. FWIW the Young Alum tickets did go up about $100 thanks to last years success but I am not complaining.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2023, 11:08:25 AM »
I have absolutely zero idea how expensive actual tickets are since we are still getting young alum tickets at a very cheap rate. My requirements are that as long as we are in the shade then that's all I care about. FWIW the Young Alum tickets did go up about $100 thanks to last years success but I am not complaining.

Just work 1 more hour this week and it should cover that extra cost  :kstategrad:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2023, 05:03:55 AM »

Well I was looking at the west side and it's a $1300 per ticket donation. Which is fine, but probably wouldn't be able to break even since the tickets are $400 a piece. I have always been in the south endzone for the most part or the student section but I don't want to deal with the sun and junk now, also want a better view then the endzone.

That donation level is for like 5% of the available tickets on the west side. The west side donations start at $50 and progressively go up the closer you get to the 50. As far as making money on resales go :lol: that's not a thing. The only team left in the conference that provides resale value is OU. K-State fans generally won't pay much over face value for resale tickets, even on the west side. I wouldn't include that in the equation.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2023, 08:44:35 AM »

That donation level is for like 5% of the available tickets on the west side. The west side donations start at $50 and progressively go up the closer you get to the 50. As far as making money on resales go :lol: that's not a thing. The only team left in the conference that provides resale value is OU. K-State fans generally won't pay much over face value for resale tickets, even on the west side. I wouldn't include that in the equation.

Yes I know because those are the seats that I was looking at.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2023, 09:41:23 AM »

Well, I'll tell you that you probably won't like those seats. That donor level is primarily for the permanent chair backs and the leg room is significantly less than the bench seats. Get a bench seat, with a smaller donor level and add a cat cushion, you'll be much happier.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2023, 10:11:42 AM »

Well, I'll tell you that you probably won't like those seats. That donor level is primarily for the permanent chair backs and the leg room is significantly less than the bench seats. Get a bench seat, with a smaller donor level and add a cat cushion, you'll be much happier.

Yeah, that's probably what I'll end up doing. I just can't decide if it's worth it to get the season or just buy there for the games I'm coming back for.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2023, 10:26:01 AM »

Ive bought season tickets just to feel cool the last few years. I don’t live anywhere near Manhattan so me and the Mrs. typically just go to one game and sell the rest. Every year we’ve done it (either 3 or 4 now) we’ve made a net profit off the tickets.

Obviously I wouldn’t count on that in any given year, but at this point it’s honestly the only reason I still do season tickets. We’ve never lost money on the deal.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2023, 11:23:05 AM »
Wait a second.

Not counting the East side club.  There are 15 publicly available sections on the East Side.  4/15 have 100% mandatory donation seats, 5/15 have 75% mandatory donation seats, 6/15 have 25% mandatory donation seats.

That's way more than 5% of the West side seating.  Just sayin . . . 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2023, 11:42:27 AM »
Wait a second.

Not counting the East side club.  There are 15 publicly available sections on the East Side.  4/15 have 100% mandatory donation seats, 5/15 have 75% mandatory donation seats, 6/15 have 25% mandatory donation seats.

That's way more than 5% of the West side seating.  Just sayin . . .

Dax, that 5% was a very rough estimate of how many west side seats are left at that specific $1300 donor level. If what I saw when I did seat selection in May is any indication there might be even less of those seats available, all of section 5 and most of sections 4 and 6, there were just scattered singles. I've tried to move into those sections for years, even a bit higher in 7 and I haven't been able to.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2023, 12:08:19 PM »
Okay