Author Topic: Kansas- more liberal abortion laws than New York  (Read 11615 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas- more liberal abortion laws than New York
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2022, 09:56:39 PM »
NOW DO WEED!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Oregon of the Plains

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2022, 10:05:09 PM »
Drinking champagne

Whiskey here

Ad astra, mother fuckers!

Hells yeah, been texting everyone that
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2022, 10:13:06 PM »
Happy for Kansas

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2022, 10:21:26 PM »
NOW DO WEED!

The Oregon of the Plains

Would take

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2022, 10:36:45 PM »

Per aspera.

Its good to have an actual vote on abortion instead of having to vote for a state senator etc who makes the policy. Abortion rights is probably like #6-9 on on list of priorities for me but I think women should have the right to have an abortion.

Being a 30 something year old male in JOCO I will say that alot of local females I follow on the gram were blowing up the social media with VOTE NO for the past month or so.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2022, 10:48:07 PM »

Per aspera.

Its good to have an actual vote on abortion instead of having to vote for a state senator etc who makes the policy. Abortion rights is probably like #6-9 on on list of priorities for me but I think women should have the right to have an abortion.

Being a 30 something year old male in JOCO I will say that alot of local females I follow on the gram were blowing up the social media with VOTE NO for the past month or so.

The 40’s and 50’s crowd too. And my daughter’s 18 year old scene was very active “vote No” for the last month

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2022, 10:48:51 PM »
Weirdly could have a positive economic impact as well.  Time will tell.

Heh, you mean "abortion tourism"?

Naw business attraction.  Still get a red state but left of middle on social issues.  “Pick us because all these other southern states aren’t women friendly.”
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2022, 10:56:56 PM »
Bummed out :[

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2022, 11:04:41 PM »
Shameless plug but all of you JOCO peeps should defintely vote for Mike Kelly for JOCO Chairman in the general election (basically the mayor of JOCO) for the following reasons.

1. He went to Kstate for undergrad
2. We were good buds in college and if he asks you for money for his campaign you can just talk katz sports with him for 5 minutes and call it good before dropping a fun coupon or two for his campaign.
3. He is normal person (as much as politicians can be) and even if I dont agree with all of his positions I beliveve that he will do what is best for JOCO.

#MikeKelly4JoCoCommish

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2022, 11:18:02 PM »
Shameless plug but all of you JOCO peeps should defintely vote for Mike Kelly for JOCO Chairman in the general election (basically the mayor of JOCO) for the following reasons.

2. We were good buds in college and if he asks you for money for his campaign you can just talk katz sports with him for 5 minutes and call it good before dropping a fun coupon or two for his campaign.
3. He is normal person (as much as politicians can be) and even if I dont agree with all of his positions I beliveve that he will do what is best for JOCO.

#MikeKelly4JoCoCommish
Have his sign in my yard

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2022, 11:27:24 PM »

#MikeKelly4JoCoCommish

Yeah, he'll be getting my vote (besides all that).

Also, didn't you mention once you're near downtown OP? I'm pretty close to there (walk to Homer's all the time for coffee)

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2022, 11:39:19 PM »

#MikeKelly4JoCoCommish

Also, didn't you mention once you're near downtown OP? I'm pretty close to there (walk to Homer's all the time for coffee)

Yeah, I live at 75th and Nall. We should defintely watch a katz game at maloneys some time in early fall.  :love:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2022, 11:57:23 PM »

#MikeKelly4JoCoCommish

Yeah, I live at 75th and Nall. We should defintely watch a katz game at maloneys some time in early fall.  :love:

Will be back the weekend of the OU game  :surprised:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2022, 01:18:11 AM »
I was absolutely busy when I went Friday, friend just told me in Joco along 99k early votes, 25k voted early in 2018. Yes may very well win but I really really think it's going to be super close

What’s the o/u for tomorrow’s Kansas abortion vote? What you think will prob happen, not what you want to happen.

I would be surprised if "no" gets within ten points of "yes".

The amendment made the WSJ "Journal" podcast yesterday. Fairly quick, interesting listen:

https://www.wsj.com/podcasts/the-journal/kansas-big-abortion-vote/8FB25DDD-700B-47E6-8D35-57535AD2C04F

I seriously doubt that, it is bananas out there, and I look at this guy for voting stuff:

https://twitter.com/BACaskey

FTR, approx 560k voted in the 2018 primary all in, to get a flavor of numbers to look at:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/07/us/elections/results-kansas-primary-elections.html

The keys will be IMO:

How many more registered D's show up over 150k from 2018

What is that ratio of the undecided 40k (so far)

What is the ratio of the approx 313k pubs that would vote yes vs no (how many are RINOs or women/maybe men that think it's not wort the yes).

Totally anecdotal, but when Roe v Wade was overturned, it was mostly men, not women, even conservatives ones  (save one) that was happy, and I know a lot of Catholic women, up to and including my cousin:

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/readers-opinion/guest-commentary/article263819783.html?fbclid=IwAR359PXH6cHueYFQaGpWl7zv-yBf-3gouHEUX4Fbfuy3MzfO6CR9y3yVDoM
I will admit that my perception of this may be colored by living in an very red area in Kansas. My prediction is that the amendment will pass easily and KS state legislators will try to outdo one another in a bid to craft the nation's most restrictive abortion law during the next session.

And understand that, my perception is it's be within 5 points depending on my factors I pointed out. I'll be honestly shocked if the winning side wins by greater than 40k votes, if that

Baby oh baby does this feel good.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2022, 07:56:01 AM »

#MikeKelly4JoCoCommish

crap Ben ji my MIL lives at 97th and Nall. Wonder how many times I’ve taken a (much needed) walk when visiting the in-laws and walked right past your house. Ships in the night, etc etc

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2022, 08:00:45 AM »
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3305546

Kansas Voters support baby murder
3,005 Views | 66 Replies
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2022, 08:52:42 AM »
@spracs how to Texans mandate that abortion rights get put to a popular vote instead of just a vote in the house and senate? Obviously they would do everything they can to avoid this bc they know the majority do not want an outright ban or such heavy restrictions, but surely there is a way for the people to demand they be allowed to vote on such things?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2022, 08:55:51 AM »
Bummed out :[

I think you'll be fine

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2022, 08:59:50 AM »

3,005 Views | 66 Replies

Why'd I even look

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2022, 09:03:14 AM »

#MikeKelly4JoCoCommish
Have his sign in my yard

take it to the crap Midwesterners like thread

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2022, 09:05:12 AM »
The joyous celebration of this is disturbing to me.  But I understand I have a starkly different opinion on this issue than most of you.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2022, 09:05:24 AM »

3,005 Views | 66 Replies

Why'd I even look

Honestly seems like a pretty balanced thread. Some right whackos, not too many lefties, but a lot of level-headed responses as well.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2022, 09:08:24 AM »
texags thread was def way less unhinged than i expected

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2022, 09:17:02 AM »
The joyous celebration of this is disturbing to me.  But I understand I have a starkly different opinion on this issue than most of you.

"you" i think just means the general population of the united states

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2022, 09:17:22 AM »

why is it disturbing to you?