Author Topic: BasquetteBalle  (Read 1384 times)

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
BasquetteBalle
« on: April 18, 2019, 04:30:16 AM »
After many years being completely disgusted by the attention BasquetteBalle receives (granted I am a 2nd Generation BasquetteBalle coach, but not by choice), BasquetteBalle should return to it's origins (not "Oranges" as stated by the Illiterate-in-Chief).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BasquetteBalle is a winter ACTIVITY to keep actual athletes in shape for Actual Sports.
********************************************************************************************************

Naismith was given 14 days to create an indoor game that would provide an "athletic distraction": Gulick demanded that it would not take up much room, could help its track athletes to keep in shape[8] and explicitly emphasized to "make it fair for all players and not too rough."
********************************************************************************************************
At the Springfield YMCA, Naismith struggled with a rowdy class that was confined to indoor games throughout the harsh New England winter, thus was perpetually short-tempered. Under orders from Dr. Luther Gulick, head of physical education there, Naismith was given 14 days to create an indoor game that would provide an "athletic distraction"; Gulick demanded that it would not take up much room, could help its track athletes to keep in shape[10] and explicitly emphasized to "make it fair for all players and not too rough."[8]  ----Wikipedia
****************************************************************************************************
Thus I give you the Plan to make BasquetteBalle a much more acceptable and less disgusting activity.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ways To Make BasquetteBalle A Better Experience

1) Each Activity Group is allowed to play 1 (O-N-E) game per week
2) Activity Groups will play against other Activity Groups in their own Division: i.e., FBS BasquetteBalle Activity Groups may only play other FBS Activity Groups; FCS Activity Groups may only play other FCS Activity Groups, DII v DII Etc.

3) Schools who do not participate in NCAA/NAIA sanctioned Football Conferences may ONLY compete  against other non-Football BasquetteBalle Activity Groups.

4) Each level of BasquetteBalle Activity Groups MAY choose to have a National Playoff to determine a  Champion
     4.A) Each level's Championship Activity will consist of a "Tournament" in which the top 8 (Eight) 
            Activity Groups are placed into 2 brackets of 4(Four) Activity Groups.

4.B) The Activity Group "Championship" will take place over 3 (Three) consecutive nights

4,C) All Levels of the BasquetteBalle Activity Groups "Championships" will be conducted on the same 3 (Three)   
             Nights
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Plan would make sure that BasquetteBalle Activity Group members would, in fact, have plenty of time to prepare for the Actual Sports in which they compete rather than the senselessness, absurdity, folly, imbecility, gormlessness, and vacuity of BasquetteBalle.

Now, don't get me wrong, I used BasquetteBalle as a way to rehab for Track, Baseball, and then, most importantly, Football the next season, after my spleen was ruptured in a Football game. So, it does have value as a empty-headed, physical Activity.

But as a"sPORT,"  it ranks right up there with marbles, tobacco spitting contests, and cow chip throwing.

So, if we all work together, we can return BasquetteBalle to the simpleminded level/tier to which it belongs.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: BasquetteBalle
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 06:52:20 AM »
I don’t think this is right, Naismith invented the game at the University of Kansas
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 07:29:44 AM »
I don’t think this is right, Naismith invented the game at the University of Kansas

Have always heard this as well. Where are you getting your information '73?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 09:17:43 AM »
cb 73 is fully on board the hobby sport bandwagon, i love his/her ideas   

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.