Author Topic: I'm sick of this pathetic bias  (Read 3511 times)

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I'm sick of this pathetic bias
« on: March 06, 2019, 08:27:57 AM »
I really am. I watched the end of our game last night at TCU. After it was over, Jay Williams (I believe that's his name) was mad. Instead of praising K-State's defense (holding a good scoring team to their lowest point total with their 2 main scorers only scoring 2 points), he complained about how poorly TCU played down the stretch! That, dear posters, is a man who hoped like hell TCU would knock Kansas State out of contention. He resented TCU. He even mocked Dixon for calling a time out with 30 seconds left. How many times have you heard a sports commentator blast another team for not playing hard enough instead of praising the winning team?

Now, go back in time with me to about two weeks ago. Kansas is struggling and they go to TCU. TCU has the game in hand and plays terribly down the last two minutes and gives the game away to Kansas. Right after the game, they're talking about who will win the Big XII. Seth mentions K-State and Williams, with that pompous smirk, scoffs at him and says KU is going to win another championship. In fact, after Kansas squeaked out one against TCU and beat Oklahoma State, at Lawrence, the whole pundit world was exclaiming that Kansas was back to win another Championship.

I continue. This afternoon, I pull up the podcast from Mike DeCourcey on 810. Of course the topic begins with K-State's victory over TCU and, quickly,
denigrates into a TCU bashing session. No, we're not talking about K-State's amazing run for the conference championship, we're going to bash TCU. Two weeks ago, Dixon and his darlings were oh so tough. A lock in the tournament. All it took was for K-State to beat TCU and they're bashing them at every turn.. Two weeks ago I was wondering what was so fabulous about TCU after KU squeaked out a win against them.

There are more things I heard over the last 24 hours that I want to relate, but I can't go on forever. There are some who say they don't care if K-State gets disrespected, but I do because this bias matters when seeding is done for the tournament. There was an interesting tidbit put out on Twitter, today, by Tyler Dreiling. He posted the NCAA seeding history for Big 12 teams with 14 plus conference wins.

1 seed 9 times
2 seed 6 times
3 seed 1 time
4 seed 1 time
5 or worse: Never Right now Lunardi has them as a five seed.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I'm sick of this pathetic bias
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 08:39:06 AM »
i agree, it's completely bullshit

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 08:40:58 AM »
BIAS

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 08:46:13 AM »
It reminds me of when Huggins was our coach and we got snubbed to the NIT

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 08:46:31 AM »
Take it to the no respect thread
:dance:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 08:51:43 AM »
Thank God people like Tyler Dreiling are out there to publicly whine about it for us.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 09:36:27 AM »
Not GE'ing here - anybody actually believe this team deserves a 1 or 2 seed after our crap non-con? That's not gonna happen. Tyler's seed stat is irrelevant because conference record only tells half the story.

If we take care of business against OU and win a game next Thursday, we'll be on the 4 line. We could potentially play our way to the 3 line if we win the B12T and a few other teams flub their conference tourneys. Seems about right to me.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 09:43:46 AM »
BIASED BUNK!!!

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 10:00:18 AM »
Not GE'ing here - anybody actually believe this team deserves a 1 or 2 seed after our crap non-con? That's not gonna happen. Tyler's seed stat is irrelevant because conference record only tells half the story.

If we take care of business against OU and win a game next Thursday, we'll be on the 4 line. We could potentially play our way to the 3 line if we win the B12T and a few other teams flub their conference tourneys. Seems about right to me.

i don't think anyone is saying that.

but we should definitely be 3-4. i hope they weigh recent games more, dumb for games 3 months ago to matter as much. but if you go off big 12 stats we're 10-15 kenpom. our resume isn't top 10, but with dean and cartier healthy this is a top 10 team.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 10:55:50 AM »
BIASED BUNK!!!
Been saying this for years. Totally agree
:adios:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 11:10:03 AM »
Looking in, I would say the Cats, deserve a 3-4 seed at most. :dunno:
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 11:20:19 AM »
As for the crappy seeding, maybe they remember the losses to Tulsa and Alabama....maybe they remember how the Big 12 was overhyped going into the NCAA tournament, and our teams played like crap.  Just sayin'

Offline Kenneth Noisewater

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 11:31:09 AM »
In past years, when K-State is asked to prove itself on a big stage in both basketball and football, it typically pisses down it’s collective legs and leaves us all regretting we invested so much time and energy into loving our ‘Cats.
So I could give a flip what others say. When the Cats win games, it’s much sweeter to shut the naysayers up.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 11:37:26 AM »
In past years, when K-State is asked to prove itself on a big stage in both basketball and football, it typically pisses down it’s collective legs and leaves us all regretting we invested so much time and energy into loving our ‘Cats.
So I could give a flip what others say. When the Cats win games, it’s much sweeter to shut the naysayers up.
Man, that 2013 NCAA tournament game, followed by oscar running over his players with the bus and then backing up to do it again...
 :(

Offline Kenneth Noisewater

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 11:44:11 AM »
Man, that 2013 NCAA tournament game, followed by oscar running over his players with the bus and then backing up to do it again...
 :(
That recollection just made me throw up in my mouth.  :bang:

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 11:45:46 AM »
  OP is trolling by copying and pasting a post that was on another web site.  He feels this douche move was very creative but it didn't get the response he expected.  He should ask his mom's advice next time.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 11:47:57 AM »
As for the crappy seeding, maybe they remember the losses to Tulsa and Alabama....maybe they remember how the Big 12 was overhyped going into the NCAA tournament, and our teams played like crap.  Just sayin'
I think you are thinking of a&m not bama and after watching franks guys destroy them last night we deserve nothing higher than a 4 seed for losing to that crap heap of a team also mizzou ended up sucking along with vandy. marquette was the only team worth a crap in our non con and they kicked our ass

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 11:52:10 AM »
  OP is trolling by copying and pasting a post that was on another web site.  He feels this douche move was very creative but it didn't get the response he expected.  He should ask his mom's advice next time.
HUR HUR HUR