Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1015685 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #3150 on: December 24, 2013, 12:01:14 AM »
Lars and the real girl - holy smokes what an unexpected treat. Really lubed up my emotion turbines.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: December 24, 2013, 12:08:08 AM »
Watched "Flight" tonight on cable. Denzel is always great...but the idea of inverted flight seemed a bit unlikely to me, as did a pilot's ability to fly inverted sober, much less with a bunch of blow and booze in his system. Still, not a bad watch.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: December 24, 2013, 12:38:14 AM »
Watched "Flight" tonight on cable. Denzel is always great...but the idea of inverted flight seemed a bit unlikely to me, as did a pilot's ability to fly inverted sober, much less with a bunch of blow and booze in his system. Still, not a bad watch.
It was a little too preachy for my taste, didn't expect all the religious browbeating.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: December 24, 2013, 12:53:46 AM »

Lars and the real girl - holy smokes what an unexpected treat. Really lubed up my emotion turbines.

it's great!  though maybe should've been expected :thumbs:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: December 24, 2013, 01:12:11 AM »
Probably in here already, but I don't have time to look, and can't take the chance this gem has been overlooked. 

7 psychopaths  :love: :love: :love: :love:

That's 4 loves if your counting
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: December 24, 2013, 01:40:09 AM »
Stevesie and I always talk about how much we love that delightful little movie. 

SPOILER

Everyone in the town is just so nice. You spend the whole movie being terrified that the town's people are just going to mock him for this completely taboo thing he's engaged in.  That would've been a very simple scene to film. Every scene (especially around the husband's friends), you're just certain that people are going to make fun of him, but aside from that one scene near the beginning when the husband/brother is trying to come to grips with it, no one gives him a hard time about it. Everyone rallies around him.  It really is one of the most heartwarming movies I've ever watched.

And like you said, "unexpected."  Maybe my favorite movie I watched this year.  I must've watched it 4 or 5 times because I wanted to show it to everyone I knew.
WE DO IT - UGH - we do it for you.

that line gets me every time.  it's far and away the best scene in the movie as far as i'm concerned, which is saying something, because there are a lot of great scenes in the movie.  Emily Mortimer's character is such a sweetheart.  maybe the most endearing female in a movie i've seen (outside of Shoshanna in Inglorious Basterds...me-ow).

« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:54:39 AM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

The Big Train

« Reply #3156 on: December 24, 2013, 12:38:35 PM »
I enjoyed Anchorman 2 very much.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3157 on: December 24, 2013, 12:57:33 PM »
Family movie afternoon yesterday. Frozen was good family fun.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: December 24, 2013, 01:03:25 PM »
Stevesie and I always talk about how much we love that delightful little movie. 

SPOILER

Everyone in the town is just so nice. You spend the whole movie being terrified that the town's people are just going to mock him for this completely taboo thing he's engaged in.  That would've been a very simple scene to film. Every scene (especially around the husband's friends), you're just certain that people are going to make fun of him, but aside from that one scene near the beginning when the husband/brother is trying to come to grips with it, no one gives him a hard time about it. Everyone rallies around him.  It really is one of the most heartwarming movies I've ever watched.

And like you said, "unexpected."  Maybe my favorite movie I watched this year.  I must've watched it 4 or 5 times because I wanted to show it to everyone I knew.
WE DO IT - UGH - we do it for you.

that line gets me every time.  it's far and away the best scene in the movie as far as i'm concerned, which is saying something, because there are a lot of great scenes in the movie.  Emily Mortimer's character is such a sweetheart.  maybe the most endearing female in a movie i've seen (outside of Shoshanna in Inglorious Basterds...me-ow).

Spolier : I agree with everything you said. It was a blast seeing r gos in a role so totally opposite from his typical.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: December 24, 2013, 01:05:57 PM »

it's great!  though maybe should've been expected :thumbs:

I think I was expecting a sulking melancholy indie quirkfest. I was very pleased that it was not.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: December 24, 2013, 01:09:52 PM »
Good job guys!  Also, I'm  :crossfingers: that LATRG was a prequel to Her.  Then they can do a Marvelesque combo double-team-o finale Joaquin Pheonixstud and Ryan Bossling
did anyone post about Lars and the Real Girl?  If someone described the story to me I wouldn't have expected myself to sit through it all, but I did!  I just love that Ryan Gosling guy.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: December 24, 2013, 02:10:55 PM »
American Hustle - v. good. Storyline gets a bit WTF at times, but the acting is top notch throughout. Bale and Cooper are studs, Amy Adams is incredible. I sometimes worried about Adams' sexiness taking the focus away from her acting because omg she is sexy. This movie gets three stars and a raccoon from bubbs.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: December 24, 2013, 02:17:43 PM »
American Hustle - v. good. Storyline gets a bit WTF at times, but the acting is top notch throughout. Bale and Cooper are studs, Amy Adams is incredible. I sometimes worried about Adams' sexiness taking the focus away from her acting because omg she is sexy. This movie gets three stars and a raccoon from bubbs.
you and amy adams...

:nono:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: December 24, 2013, 02:34:25 PM »
SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT FINAL RANKINGS - Plan your Christmas Silent Night, Deadly Night watching based on these rankings, not the incomplete previous version.

1. Silent Night, Deadly Night - The film that started it all.  They missed a few opportunities at puns ("Nice Rack" was obvious).  Still a holiday classic.
2. Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toymaker - Full of twists and turns.  Not really related much to the first.  Mickey Rooney and Clint Howard show that money was no issue with the cast.  It was, however, an issue with their car crash scene that clearly used hot wheels.
3. Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation - Not related to the first two at all.  Weird lesbian cult movie.  Clint Howard gives an impeccable performance as always and it is clear why they brought him back for the 5th.
4. Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out - A blind psychic with a psychic grandma and a comatose Ricky with a brain container,
    or conbrainer, add a level of intrigue
5. Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 - Was good to see Ricky take up the axe after Billy went down.  About 40 minutes of the movie is showing clips from the original.  The actor who plays Ricky thinks that moving his eyebrows equates acting.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: December 24, 2013, 02:46:04 PM »
you and amy adams...

:nono:

i get it bubbs, amy adams is perfect.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: December 24, 2013, 07:43:53 PM »
AA is not perfect and that's okay. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

The Big Train

« Reply #3166 on: December 24, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »

Neither is your face, and that's okay.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: December 24, 2013, 09:18:07 PM »

You don't know what my face looks like dumbfuck.  Not qualified.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

The Big Train

« Reply #3168 on: December 24, 2013, 09:24:10 PM »

You don't know what my face looks like dumbfuck.  Not qualified.   

I guess I just assumed it looked like your avatar face  :dunno:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: December 25, 2013, 11:16:53 AM »
I'm on a binge guys.  Yesterday:

David Copperfield: I read the book over the last 2 or 3 years.  It's really long.  The movie is actually a two part BBC movie.  It has tons of Harry Potter people in it, including Daniel Radcliffe (sp?) who plays young Copperfield himself.  If you've never read the book, I wouldn't spend time watching the movie.  It's pretty boring.

Punch Drunk Love:  Was this Sandler's first seriousish role?  He did a pretty good job making me feel uncomfortable.  Could've used more Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

The Aviator: Leo at just about his best.  Probably tied with Catch Me if You Can for my favorite Leo role.

Going to go on a Matt Damon kick today I think.  Really want to watch the Talented Mr. Ripley and the Bourne movies.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: December 25, 2013, 11:20:23 AM »

Loved American Hustle

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: December 25, 2013, 12:16:46 PM »
Should I go see 12 Years A Slave or A Long Walk To Freedom if I go to the movies today? (British people call them "the pictures" instead of "the movies" :D)

P.S. Merry Christmas and big hugs/kisses to you guys

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: December 25, 2013, 12:43:22 PM »
Nobody. Nobody stacks milk bottles full of urine better than Leo.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: December 26, 2013, 08:04:49 AM »
Family movie afternoon yesterday. Frozen was good family fun.

We took our 4 year old to this too, but I think I enjoyed it more.The reindeer and snowman were great!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: December 26, 2013, 03:53:12 PM »
Kick Ass 2 was rough ridin' terrible.