Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1017064 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #2850 on: October 22, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »
i think the discussion shifted to burning each other with good actors in crap movies. I haven't seen jonah hex, but I am totally sure green hornet is better.

Well Malkovich and Brolin were in it and they were rough ridin' awful as well.  I generally like those two.  It was one of the worst movies I've seen maybe ever. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: October 22, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »
band of brothers is not a crap movie or tv show; it's an excellent movie or tv show or mini series or however you want to categorize it

Never seen it and I get the feeling I never will.  Can't see myself investing the amount of time necessary.  I assume it would be a lot of time. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: October 22, 2013, 02:28:56 PM »
hold up guys... is this like the time bread claimed to love big bang theory trying to clown on someone, but instead everyone just clowned on him for loving big bang theory?

:dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: October 22, 2013, 02:35:29 PM »
hold up guys... is this like the time bread claimed to love big bang theory trying to clown on someone, but instead everyone just clowned on him for loving big bang theory?

:dunno:

I wasn't trying to clown on anyone.  It just turned out there are people here who actually like the show.  Collateral damage I guess.  I have since learned that I can have that show on as sort of background programming while I do other stuff and I'm okay with it.  I can also fall asleep to it.  It isn't as bad as I thought it was when I did that is what I'm saying. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: October 22, 2013, 02:37:19 PM »
I did enjoy giving seven the business about not letting btt have a go at his nuts tho.  Thanks seven. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: October 22, 2013, 02:42:27 PM »
band of brothers is not a crap movie or tv show; it's an excellent movie or tv show or mini series or however you want to categorize it

Never seen it and I get the feeling I never will.  Can't see myself investing the amount of time necessary.  I assume it would be a lot of time.

:sdeek: man, do yourself a favor (and i mean that in a very sincere and non-dickish way)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: October 22, 2013, 03:01:51 PM »

:sdeek: man, do yourself a favor (and i mean that in a very sincere and non-dickish way)

Why is it good would you say (also non-dickish)?  Like what specifically about it makes it worth watching?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: October 22, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »

Why is it good would you say (also non-dickish)?  Like what specifically about it makes it worth watching?

BoB wasnt included in the crap movie burn sesh. Band of Brothers is incredible.

Band of Brothers is like if saving private ryan was 12 hours long but just as good or better all the way through.

*please dont be the moment where you tell you us hated SPR*

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: October 22, 2013, 03:07:35 PM »
1. the production is top-notch and at the time it was the most expensive thing ever made for TV (Tom Hanks and Spielberg used many of the same sets and other production items from Saving Private Ryan)
2. the writing is fabulous
3. the acting is fabulous (see all the actors discussed earlier)
4. the storyline is great because it follows 1 army airborne company throughout the war, and this particular company happened to be put in the absolute worst/most legendary events of the war in Europe (Normandy, Holland, Battle of the Bulge, liberating the Eagle's Nest, etc), and it's all true, right down to some of the wounds each guy received. At the time many of them were still alive and their interviews start each episode.
5. It's 10 episodes, so the character development is unprecedented for a war film.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: October 22, 2013, 03:11:54 PM »
do you remember when they found that thing in the woods (not going to give away spoilers)? i mean that whole episode you are just speechless

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: October 22, 2013, 03:14:52 PM »
Is BoB on netflix?  or comcast xfinity?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: October 22, 2013, 03:19:38 PM »

BoB wasnt included in the crap movie burn sesh. Band of Brothers is incredible.

Band of Brothers is like if saving private ryan was 12 hours long but just as good or better all the way through.

*please dont be the moment where you tell you us hated SPR*

No, there were many parts of SPR that were incredible/mind-blowing.  There were some choices made with the character development that really put me off tho. 

Like Matt Damon bawling out of nowhere at the end of the last battle and Tom Hanks basically committing suicide and old pot belly Matt Damon breaking down at the end and making his wife tell him he lived a good life.  "Tell me I lived a good life! :bawl:"  I wish she told him to stop being such a pussy or said that well up until this moment you had, fp.  Matt Damon's brother story was rough ridin' awful and the feigned enthusiasm/laughter for it seemed so phony.  I really felt at that moment I am watching people act here.  Terrible. 

Most of that made me hate Matt Damon's character and wish he had died in the film in a really gory, maim-y way.  "Oh Matt your leg is off, oh you're bleeding out, let me comfort you bud, oh you died, welp."  Maybe I was supposed to hate him tho. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: October 22, 2013, 03:21:15 PM »
The good thing about BoB relative to SPR is that there is no Matt Damon, and there is no fake story.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: October 22, 2013, 03:22:10 PM »
The good thing about BoB relative to SPR is that there is no Matt Damon, and there is no fake story.

So like all the great parts without the parts I hated.  I am sold then. 

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: October 22, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »
bread, watch the first episode of BoB and then tell us if youre hooked or not... can you do that for me, friend?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: October 22, 2013, 03:30:44 PM »

going to have to go HBOgo or HBO ondemand or to your local optical storage medium rental hub. Or to the DEEP WEB

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: October 22, 2013, 03:35:14 PM »
BAND OF BROTHERS SPOILER ALERT:  THEY AREN'T BROTHERS AND THEY WEREN'T IN A BAND

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: October 22, 2013, 03:41:07 PM »
in my younger days, some friends came over and we watched SPR in my parents' basement.  a non-canadian friend of mine was extremely baked and started having an anxiety attack/crying and wanted to be taken home.  i still haven't seen the whole thing :frown:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: October 22, 2013, 03:45:43 PM »
in my younger days, some friends came over and we watched SPR in my parents' basement.  a non-canadian friend of mine was extremely baked and started having an anxiety attack/crying and wanted to be taken home.  i still haven't seen the whole thing :frown:

worth the anecdote, though!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: October 22, 2013, 03:56:56 PM »

going to have to go HBOgo or HBO ondemand or to your local optical storage medium rental hub. Or to the DEEP WEB

thepiratebay is on the regular shallow web

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: October 22, 2013, 04:06:55 PM »

Yarr, but it be deliverin' content that those pirate ships plundered from the deep web.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: October 22, 2013, 04:13:47 PM »

Yarr, but it be deliverin' content that those pirate ships plundered from the deep web.
kat.ph

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: October 22, 2013, 05:02:37 PM »

kat.ph

I think I still have an active HBOgo account.  Last time I ventured to the deep web I didn't come back in one piece.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: October 22, 2013, 05:10:35 PM »
Inglorious Basterds is my favorite movie.  Fassbender is great, but so is Waltz and so is Pitt and so are all of them really.  I fell in love with Shoshana in that movie. 

BoB is good too.  Definitely worth the investment.

And Bread's BBT analysis is spot on with me.  I used to make fun of BeantownCat for liking it and then i watched a couple of episodes and felt bad about making fun of him so much because it's really not so bad. I watch it occasionally.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: October 22, 2013, 09:20:07 PM »
The Pacific >>> BoB  in case that wasn't already mentioned ITT

Watch both if you haven't seen them, though. Pacific is really really violent.