Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1016657 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #2475 on: July 23, 2013, 04:09:37 PM »
I saw Wanderlust on HBO Go when I was bored about a week ago, and I chuckled a couple of times.  I'd rate it a 4.5 out of ten.

Re-watched Couples Retreat again the next day and really had a good time.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: July 23, 2013, 06:51:37 PM »
ya there were a lot of problems with it.  great topic though, i really hate that kansas is allowing the practice, not that the deadly chemicals that they're pumping into the ground are limited by state lines.

Except theres no scientific evidence to support anything claimed by Gasland (haven't watched II, but can't imagine its any different)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57594498/study-finds-fracking-chemicals-didnt-pollute-water-ap/

the dept of energy has a very vested interest in deciding that fracking does not contaminate aquifers/ground water. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: July 23, 2013, 09:30:05 PM »
The bottom line, is that fracking is no more dangerous than conventional methods of hydrocarbon extraction... if i drill and oil well in your back yard and the drill pipe bursts, your water is going to get mumped.   In Gasland, every case they cited was an incident of improper drilling techniques, not fracking in and of itself.  Fracking is done at a depth far below groundwater... think of it this way, if stuff at that depth could get in your drinking water, you'd already have natural gas in it.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: July 23, 2013, 09:31:58 PM »
I think the point of the doc is, GTFOOH with fossil fuels/gas

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: July 23, 2013, 09:37:42 PM »
I saw Wanderlust on HBO Go when I was bored about a week ago, and I chuckled a couple of times.  I'd rate it a 4.5 out of ten.

Re-watched Couples Retreat again the next day and really had a good time.
i was pretty disappointed with wanderlust.  i love david wain, but that one fell flat for me.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: July 23, 2013, 09:38:59 PM »
The bottom line, is that fracking is no more dangerous than conventional methods of hydrocarbon extraction... if i drill and oil well in your back yard and the drill pipe bursts, your water is going to get mumped.   In Gasland, every case they cited was an incident of improper drilling techniques, not fracking in and of itself.  Fracking is done at a depth far below groundwater... think of it this way, if stuff at that depth could get in your drinking water, you'd already have natural gas in it.

you're rough ridin' stupid and your argument has so many dumbass holes in it that i'm not even going to waste my time responding.  keep up the great work.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: July 23, 2013, 09:44:40 PM »

you're rough ridin' stupid and your argument has so many dumbass holes in it that i'm not even going to waste my time responding.  keep up the great work.

hey clams, did you know the first well ever fracked was in kansas in the 1940's?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2482 on: July 23, 2013, 09:55:59 PM »

Pissclams, everything he said is accurate.  The reason there is no state regs on fracking (there are some proposed and  will be enacted with support from the industry) is because mouth breathing neanderthals, such as yourself, watch propaganda hatchet pieces like gasland and then make idiotic and unfounded claims like, "all fracking contaminates drinking water and causes earthquakes", derailing any coherent discourse.

Its a well completion method that's been used in the industry for decades. Only recently have leftist whack jobs taken notice and done everything they can to turn the term into a pejorative. Hz drilling is actually better for the environment because you only have one drill pad and vertical well (the only place where pollution would occur) instead of the 4-16 vertical well pads it would require to drain the same field.

Basically, you need to shut the eff until you educate yourself, dipcrap.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: July 23, 2013, 10:02:04 PM »
FWIW, if you like propaganda I suggest watching "Truthland" the rebuttal to gasland.  Decidedly one-sided, but void of the outright lies and misinformation that makes gasland such a convincing piece.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #2484 on: July 23, 2013, 10:02:28 PM »

Pissclams, everything he said is accurate.  The reason there is no state regs on fracking (there are some proposed and  will be enacted with support from the industry) is because mouth breathing neanderthals, such as yourself, watch propaganda hatchet pieces like gasland and then make idiotic and unfounded claims like, "all fracking contaminates drinking water and causes earthquakes", derailing any coherent discourse.

Its a well completion method that's been used in the industry for decades. Only recently have leftist whack jobs taken notice and done everything they can to turn the term into a pejorative. Hz drilling is actually better for the environment because you only have one drill pad and vertical well (the only place where pollution would occur) instead of the 4-16 vertical well pads it would require to drain the same field.

Basically, you need to shut the eff until you educate yourself, dipcrap.
hey douchelips, I never said any of those things.  keep up the great work, A+ effort

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: July 23, 2013, 10:04:15 PM »
FWIW, if you like propaganda I suggest watching "Truthland" the rebuttal to gasland.  Decidedly one-sided, but void of the outright lies and misinformation that makes gasland such a convincing piece.
gasland was only convincing for dumbasses like yourself. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: July 23, 2013, 10:06:45 PM »

hey clams, did you know the first well ever fracked was in kansas in the 1940's?
admittedly, my knowledge of Kansas historical well fracking probably isn't what it could be.  pretty Neanderthal of me, I know.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: July 23, 2013, 10:20:52 PM »
Neanderthal outed.

Since every state with o&g production allows fracking (NY has a temp c&d on it bc they are retards) your statement "I can't believe Kansas even allows it" was Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Not as Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) as the 'it travels across state lines" bit though,considering the average fracture is a couple hundred feet.

-douchelips

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: July 23, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »
Also recently watched Wunderlust  :flush:

Also recently watched Man on Fire on FX  :thumbs:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: July 23, 2013, 10:25:40 PM »
I think the point of the doc is, GTFOOH with fossil fuels/gas

I think you could certainly make that point, you definitely crack a few eggs making that omelette, even though hydrocarbon's represent far too large a portion of our existance to simply turn off, but the kind of proxy argument presented in the film isn't the way to go about it.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: July 23, 2013, 10:27:33 PM »
Also, watched Beyond the Pines the other day

Any given moment of the movie is alright, entertaining even... but by the end of the movie, its like waking up after a night in, pak'ing by yourself... you just wonder why...

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: July 23, 2013, 10:32:43 PM »
Neanderthal outed.

Since every state with o&g production allows fracking (NY has a temp c&d on it bc they are retards) your statement "I can't believe Kansas even allows it" was Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Not as Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) as the 'it travels across state lines" bit though,considering the average fracture is a couple hundred feet.

-douchelips
hayseed who sold their mineral rights outed, lol you're a funny little seed

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: July 23, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »
Neanderthal outed.

-douchelips
Cum drawem horsie in umm pissclames cave dwellin wall, grunt snort grunt

Fix your teeth and comb yourhair

Online puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: July 23, 2013, 10:48:15 PM »
STOP PITTING UP THE GIANT ROBOTS SMASHING GIANT MONSTERS THREAD

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: July 23, 2013, 11:08:11 PM »
guys, i just watched the movie prometheus for some reason and i have to say, it was interesting.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: July 24, 2013, 06:59:20 AM »

Wrong.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: July 24, 2013, 07:14:24 AM »

Wrong.

Actually that's 100% right, dumbass

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: July 24, 2013, 07:58:56 AM »

Wrong.

Actually that's 100% right, dumbass
Either clarify your terms or apologize and sheepishly back away because you are absolutley wrong KC.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: July 24, 2013, 08:13:35 AM »
he's talking about this-

The relationship between well performance and treatment pressures was studied by Floyd Farris of Stanolind Oil and Gas Corporation. This study became a basis of the first hydraulic fracturing experiment, which was conducted in 1947 at the Hugoton gas field in Grant County of southwestern Kansas by Stanolind. For the well treatment 1,000 US gallons (3,800 l; 830 imp gal) of gelled gasoline (essentially napalm) and sand from the Arkansas River was injected into the gas-producing limestone formation at 2,400 feet (730 m). The experiment was not very successful as deliverability of the well did not change appreciably.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: July 24, 2013, 08:14:36 AM »
Has anyone here seen Promised Land?