Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1017047 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #1750 on: February 13, 2013, 02:27:21 PM »
Battleship

lol.

I know people who were in that movie, one I know quite well played a fairly big part.  

Is it Alexander Skarsgard?  :excited:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: February 13, 2013, 02:29:43 PM »
is it one of the grizzled old navy vets?

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: February 13, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »
Battleship

lol.

I know people who were in that movie, one I know quite well played a fairly big part.  

Is it Alexander Skarsgard?  :excited:

Money is on Gregory D. Gadson.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 13, 2013, 02:59:33 PM »
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

A friend of mine keeps going on and on about how delightful this movie was.  Your thoughts, emawblast?
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 13, 2013, 03:01:18 PM »

Can someone explain to me what this movie is about and not sound like a snobby douche? I've heard a few people try to describe the movie to me and they just make it sound like its only enjoyable if you have time to do some thinking about society and crap. Is it a good movie I can watch or is it some dumb indie film that's going to bore me to death?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: February 13, 2013, 03:02:03 PM »

A friend of mine snobby psychology douche KKK and I know keeps going on and on about how delightful this movie was.  Your thoughts, emawblast?

FYP
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: February 13, 2013, 03:02:23 PM »
Oops my bad, it was this turd, that they actually had to rename for legal reasons. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2175927/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: February 13, 2013, 03:05:19 PM »
Oops my bad, it was this turd, that they actually had to rename for legal reasons. 

:lol: how old are you dax

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: February 13, 2013, 03:07:22 PM »

:lol:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: February 13, 2013, 03:08:14 PM »

:lol: how old are you dax

Quote from: movie synopsis
When a fleet of mysterious ships wage war against the Earth, only the crew of the USS Iowa, the last American battleship, can prevent global armageddon.

This is an excerpt from Dan's movie report, for the full review go to:

American Warships represents a technological leap for The Asylum, the CGI in this film is very good, by low budget standards of course, not distracting at all. I am basing this strictly on lower budget standards, as many asylum films and other lower budget films have much poorer often times wrenching 80s technology CGI.

The acting is acceptable, not going to win awards, but Mario Van Peebles (Capt. Winston), Carl Weathers (General McKraken), and Johanna Watts (LT Bradley) are solid in their portrayal of their respective characters. Quite frankly, I am a white male, and I like a diverse multi-ethnic cast in films. Nice to see the two underutilized veteran actors kick ass even if they are older now.

The basic premise is the same as the big budget version of the film, Aliens and the navy fighting them, the filming took place in Wilmington NC, and the shooting schedule was limited, but for what they came up with the end result is highly watchable.

General Carl Weathers! This movie sounds much better than Battleship.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 03:18:14 PM by Nuts Kicked »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: February 13, 2013, 03:09:03 PM »
amazing

Is Battleship the shittiest movie to get its own mockbuster?

edit: not counting transformers 2 lol

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: February 13, 2013, 03:44:34 PM »
Can someone explain to me what this movie is about and not sound like a snobby douche? I've heard a few people try to describe the movie to me and they just make it sound like its only enjoyable if you have time to do some thinking about society and crap. Is it a good movie I can watch or is it some dumb indie film that's going to bore me to death?

A friend of mine keeps going on and on about how delightful this movie was.  Your thoughts, emawblast?

was pretty great. i thought it was hilarious. i don't say that i like indie movies just for the sake of liking indie movies. i would tell you if it was stupid. the lead actors were all awesome. great performances. the gay guy is really funny. dylan mcdermott has a small role as the stud dad. great love story (even though he's a freshman, she's a senior, whatev) i have a personal weakness for emma watson. the main character is the easiest character to root for, ever. good music.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: February 13, 2013, 03:56:54 PM »
Looks like i've been wrangled into seeing Safe Haven tomorrow night.  Will report back with details on how good Julianne Hough looked.  You already know its going to be a major chick flick love story so i'll save you a min or two.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: February 13, 2013, 03:58:50 PM »
Looks like i've been wrangled into seeing Safe Haven tomorrow night.  Will report back with details on how good Julianne Hough looked.  You already know its going to be a major chick flick love story so i'll save you a min or two.

Josh Duhamel is a rough ridin' douche captain

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: February 13, 2013, 03:59:27 PM »

Heard there's a ghost or something in it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: February 13, 2013, 04:15:57 PM »
So I got shitty movies confused . . . shut up youngsters, damn.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: February 13, 2013, 04:20:08 PM »

Heard there's a ghost or something in it.

As long as it helps Julianne wear less clothes I'm all for it!  :fatty:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: February 13, 2013, 10:48:48 PM »
The Imposter

.... wow. what a story. i had never heard about this frederic bourdin guy before. unbelievable stuff. also confirms that all people from texas are stupid.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #1768 on: February 13, 2013, 11:26:32 PM »
I'll second emawblast's recommendation of the perks of being a wallflower.  characters really were fantastic.  Emma is great.  one of those movies that really takes you to a time and place depending on your own experiences at the time, in a "dazed and confused" kind of way but different.  highs and lows of being a teenager-type stuff.  and soundtrack is very good.

I go see at least one movie a week and this one is my favorite I've seen in the last six months or so, fwiw

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: February 14, 2013, 12:39:42 AM »
I'll second emawblast's recommendation of the perks of being a wallflower.  characters really were fantastic.  Emma is great.  one of those movies that really takes you to a time and place depending on your own experiences at the time, in a "dazed and confused" kind of way but different.  highs and lows of being a teenager-type stuff.  and soundtrack is very good.

I go see at least one movie a week and this one is my favorite I've seen in the last six months or so, fwiw

Where does Django Unchained rank?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: February 14, 2013, 12:45:32 AM »
I need to come in here more often. Most of u are huge dumbasses w/ your movie choices.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: February 14, 2013, 01:00:27 AM »

haven't seen it yet, but will report back!

* not a movie snob, but every wednesday night a group of us go to the theather here that shows mostly the more popular indie/foreign films.  mostly catch major releases later on dvd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: February 14, 2013, 08:40:09 AM »
I need to come in here more often. Most of u are huge dumbasses w/ your movie choices.

What type of movie do you usually take a filly to for a first date, fanning? One time in college I took a filly to Star Wars. LOL, there was no second date (mutual, of course).

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: February 14, 2013, 08:54:21 AM »

* not a movie snob, but every wednesday night a group of us go to the theather here that shows mostly the more popular indie/foreign films.  mostly catch major releases later on dvd

That seems weird to me just because major releases tend to be the ones with major special effects and musical scores that may be better appreciated in a theater setting, while many indie films could be enjoyed to the full effect from the comforts of home.  I think you might be a movie snob and not know it.
:adios:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #1774 on: February 14, 2013, 09:02:56 AM »

That seems weird to me just because major releases tend to be the ones with major special effects and musical scores that may be better appreciated in a theater setting, while many indie films could be enjoyed to the full effect from the comforts of home.  I think you might be a movie snob and not know it.

there's a group of us that go every Wednesday, then go out for dinner and drinks afterwards.. half the time I don't look at what movie is showing before I go, I think it's more of a social thing probably than anything else