Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1016089 times)

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #1725 on: February 11, 2013, 02:49:15 PM »
sorry that you're so easily entertained and i have more of a selective movie palate but that's really no way to talk to a fellow cat right here on big monday, but oh well i guess.  go cats.

"All of my buddies get mad at me because I critique movies a lot. So I don't know where you are pulling 'easily entertained' from but I'm going to guess it's out of your ass." Would be a great example of something I would say if this wasn't Big Monday. FTB

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: February 11, 2013, 03:10:57 PM »
oh crap, what happens if we can't get out of iran? 

welp, i guess we'll just continue to have fantastic dinners cooked for us by servants and drink a bunch more wine every night. 

oh crap, ok.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: February 11, 2013, 05:47:14 PM »
watched argo last night.  was average to ok (at best).  never really seemed like the people were in any danger so it was hard for me to give any fucks if they had to leave the canadian cat's house.

I completely agree.  I watched it on Saturday night.  I was like "when does it get real?"

You want to know what is better?  End of Watch.  That was fun.

I saw End of Watch.  I really like Michael Pena.  He's great.  The plot is turd city though.  Argo must be rough ridin' terrible. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 11, 2013, 05:53:51 PM »
watched argo last night.  was average to ok (at best).  never really seemed like the people were in any danger so it was hard for me to give any fucks if they had to leave the canadian cat's house.

I completely agree.  I watched it on Saturday night.  I was like "when does it get real?"

I saw End of Watch.  I really like Michael Pena.  He's great.  The plot is turd city though.  Argo must be rough ridin' terrible.

end of watch is the worst movie i've seen in at least 5 years.

i do like that dude too though.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: February 11, 2013, 05:55:30 PM »

end of watch is the worst movie i've seen in at least 5 years.

i do like that dude too though.

See seven, through thick and thin we remain besties.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 11, 2013, 10:28:33 PM »
21 jump street was drunk but I laughed out loud at several parts

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 12, 2013, 12:51:19 AM »

It helps that no one goes into it with very high expectations, but yeah, it's pretty damn funny.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 12, 2013, 01:27:24 AM »

It helps that no one goes into it with very high expectations, but yeah, it's pretty damn funny.

i've never seen a channing tatum movie before, and i kind of want to keep it that way  :dunno:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 12, 2013, 06:11:44 AM »
That was channing tatum?  Had no idea,  he was fine.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: February 12, 2013, 08:12:56 AM »
Channing has been in some good movies.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 13, 2013, 09:24:16 AM »
Speaking of Channing, I coincidentally just watched Dear John last night. It's bad. Really really bad. I am a fan of The Notebook, and it's based on the book by the same author so I thought it would be dece. Nope. Channing is really a terrible terrible actor. Woofity woof. Give me R-Gos every day of the week.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 13, 2013, 10:45:17 AM »
Watched Total Recall (remake) last night. Eff that noise.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 13, 2013, 10:55:15 AM »

this is weird to me.  i would never watch a total recall remake and don't understand why anyone would. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: February 13, 2013, 10:58:23 AM »

this is weird to me.  i would never watch a total recall remake and don't understand why anyone would.

different strokes for different folks bro. don't you watch Big Brother and bachelor pad and stuff?

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 13, 2013, 10:58:34 AM »
Not a movie but my wife and I have watched reruns of T.J. Hooker in the last week (We never watched it originally) and I just want to say there is some great hair in that show.  We have had a lot of laughs  hurhurhur

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: February 13, 2013, 10:59:41 AM »

different strokes for different folks bro. don't you watch Big Brother and bachelor pad and stuff?

um.  did you miss the part where i said it was weird to me?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 13, 2013, 11:00:46 AM »

um.  did you miss the part where i said it was weird to me?

why yes, yes i did

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 13, 2013, 11:03:33 AM »
WELL IT IS.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: February 13, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »

it should be mentioned that i rented this movie on saturday with the intention to watch it. ended up not doing so because Fast Five was on that night.

only watched the remake because i enjoy the original. I didn't have much expectation, but it was worse than i could have imagined. i will still probably, at some point, watch Dredd even though i expect similar results.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 13, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »
Dredd is much better than the original.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 13, 2013, 11:08:29 AM »

it should be mentioned that i rented this movie on saturday with the intention to watch it. ended up not doing so because Fast Five was on that night.

only watched the remake because i enjoy the original. I didn't have much expectation, but it was worse than i could have imagined. i will still probably, at some point, watch Dredd even though i expect similar results.

don't defend your decision, like mocat said, we all do stupid crap with our time.  the main difference i see is that i can have the some reality tv show on, know it's not good, and be doing other things during the hour.  there is no commitment to speak of.  movies you kind of have to commit some level of attention to in order to ascertain the quality of the film.  and they're like 2 hours. ugh.  2 hours.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 13, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »

don't defend your decision, like mocat said, we all do stupid crap with our time.  the main difference i see is that i can have the some reality tv show on, know it's not good, and be doing other things during the hour.  there is no commitment to speak of.  movies you kind of have to commit some level of attention to in order to ascertain the quality of the film.  and they're like 2 hours. ugh.  2 hours.

movies like that i don't usually commit too. i'm usually bbsing, or one of 50 other things. wasn't defending my decision. just giving my actual, real life reasoning as to why i watch those things. another consideration is that i absolutely love sci-fi, regardless of how bad it may be.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 13, 2013, 11:45:29 AM »

Dredd  is totally worth the watch.  Check earlier reviews from Pete and me and somebody else.  It got lost because a bunch of dummies were arguing about Looper.  Go for it asava! :excited:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 13, 2013, 11:52:20 AM »
Battleship

lol.

I know people who were in that movie, one I know quite well played a fairly big part. 

They film a lot of movies around here.   The next Iron Man was filmed here, Safe Haven was filmed here, it's coming out next week. 

I was looking at some Reality website, and a really cool house out on a private island was for sale, I thought it was the "Sleeping with the Enemy" house, but it wasn't, that "house" was just a movie set they built on down the beach a ways.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 13, 2013, 12:05:29 PM »
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Frank & Robot