Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1016847 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #12250 on: February 02, 2023, 09:44:18 AM »
Creed 3 looks pretty good IYAM. However, I hate it when sports movies include real life sports tv personalities like Stephen A Smith or Tony Kornheiser or something like that. I think they're trying to make it seem more real but to me it reminds me of how pretend it all is. This movie is taking place in a different world that doesn't exist. Get Stephen A Smith out of here.

What about Verne Lunquist in Happy Gilmore, or Bob Costas in Baseketball? To me it enhances the viewership.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12251 on: February 02, 2023, 09:59:01 AM »
Creed 3 looks pretty good IYAM. However, I hate it when sports movies include real life sports tv personalities like Stephen A Smith or Tony Kornheiser or something like that. I think they're trying to make it seem more real but to me it reminds me of how pretend it all is. This movie is taking place in a different world that doesn't exist. Get Stephen A Smith out of here.

What about Verne Lunquist in Happy Gilmore, or Bob Costas in Baseketball? To me it enhances the viewership.

In a comedy I like it.  It increases the absurdity of it.  In a drama, I do agree that it's distracting.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12252 on: February 02, 2023, 10:05:57 AM »

In a comedy I like it.  It increases the absurdity of it.  In a drama, I do agree that it's distracting.

what about Al Michaels + John Madden in Jerry Maguire? is jerry maguire a comedy or a drama?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12253 on: February 02, 2023, 10:12:14 AM »
I watched You People.. Had what should be all of the makings of a hit but just did not deliver for me. DUD

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12254 on: February 02, 2023, 03:59:33 PM »

Yes, I agree with this. I hadn't really thought about it but yes, in a comedy it works, in a drama it doesn't.  I HATED Rocky Balboa and I think a big part of it was all the pretend SportsCenter/ESPN stuff.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12255 on: February 02, 2023, 04:30:12 PM »
80 for Brady.  AMAZE

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12256 on: February 03, 2023, 10:55:59 PM »
Never Grow Old (4/7) - Decent movie. Not your typical western in that there were no big gun fights. Interesting choice to cast John Cusack as the villain. He had his moments. Emile Hirsch is the lead and I like him.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12257 on: February 05, 2023, 10:08:08 AM »
Devotion was not great. The commanding officer ruins the hole movie. Pretty sure the squadron commander in the Navy is not going to be a snarky smart-ass while giving orders during a conflict.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12258 on: February 05, 2023, 09:27:00 PM »
Devotion was not great. The commanding officer ruins the hole movie. Pretty sure the squadron commander in the Navy is not going to be a snarky smart-ass while giving orders during a conflict.
Incredible story and horrible execution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12259 on: February 05, 2023, 10:33:21 PM »

:D
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12260 on: February 08, 2023, 03:08:02 PM »
Just finished watching Keanu and I haven't laughed this hard in years.  Jordan Peele and Keegan-Michael Key make the best rep of around half the blacks I know with their white-collar-type living.  They are about as gang-like as crackers.  Keanu was what made the show; even though I would have preferred a puppy.  Anyway, I loved the show and we need more movies like this.   
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12261 on: February 24, 2023, 11:58:29 AM »
Been watching Rocky movies with CF3 jr to get ready for Creed III and I have a hot take.

Of the first 4 Rocky movies, IV is the worst by a lot. The acting is terrible, the story is super predictable and boring, the fight is dumb because there's like 200 knockout level punches. There are 3 montages in the movie, they all suck. The training scene song "Hearts on Fire" is terrible. The crowd turning on their national hero and supporting Rocky is stupid. The scene where Apollo dies is ridiculous, Rocky holds a dying Apollo in his arms as the press crowds around taking pictures- there's not a doctor or paramedic around?

Rocky I and Rocky II are great movies, that have great characters. Rocky III is a good movie but is kind of corny.

People who think they love Rocky IV are either dumb or haven't seen it since they were 12.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12262 on: February 24, 2023, 01:02:26 PM »
Can't wait for Knock at the Cabin tonight.  Gonna down some Show me State Vitamin THC and go to town!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12263 on: February 24, 2023, 01:36:42 PM »
I'd put off RRR for a while because it was 3 hours but it was absolutely amazing.  It had a lot of joy to it and a willingness to play with convention.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12264 on: February 24, 2023, 01:38:36 PM »
RRR also had the most intense Stanky Leg dance off that I've ever seen

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12265 on: February 24, 2023, 01:38:48 PM »
Can't wait for Knock at the Cabin tonight.  Gonna down some Show me State Vitamin THC and go to town!

It was remarkably average

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12266 on: February 24, 2023, 01:42:02 PM »

That's what the vitamin is for

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12267 on: February 24, 2023, 01:45:54 PM »
Been watching Rocky movies with CF3 jr to get ready for Creed III and I have a hot take.

Of the first 4 Rocky movies, IV is the worst by a lot. The acting is terrible, the story is super predictable and boring, the fight is dumb because there's like 200 knockout level punches. There are 3 montages in the movie, they all suck. The training scene song "Hearts on Fire" is terrible. The crowd turning on their national hero and supporting Rocky is stupid. The scene where Apollo dies is ridiculous, Rocky holds a dying Apollo in his arms as the press crowds around taking pictures- there's not a doctor or paramedic around?

Rocky I and Rocky II are great movies, that have great characters. Rocky III is a good movie but is kind of corny.

People who think they love Rocky IV are either dumb or haven't seen it since they were 12.

Everything after IV was so bad that I can look fondly on IV. But you are right that the only 2 that are must-see movies are 1 and 2.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12268 on: February 24, 2023, 01:47:02 PM »

average almost seems generous

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12269 on: February 24, 2023, 01:51:43 PM »
Going to see cocaine bear today

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12270 on: February 24, 2023, 01:52:43 PM »

Since seeing the previews a few months ago I can't decide if I want to see it or not. Do report back what you think of it.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12271 on: February 24, 2023, 02:00:27 PM »

Everything after IV was so bad that I can look fondly on IV. But you are right that the only 2 that are must-see movies are 1 and 2.
Also why in the 80s did they feel the need to add robots to movies or tv. The robot butler was also dumb.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12272 on: February 24, 2023, 02:03:50 PM »

Since seeing the previews a few months ago I can't decide if I want to see it or not. Do report back what you think of it.
I’m expecting a ton of camp. I can only be disappointed if they didn’t really embrace it.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12273 on: February 24, 2023, 02:11:20 PM »
I wanted to see Cocaine Bear tonight but the only showing that's not sold out is the 10:15.  I'd need to ingest as much cocaine as the Cocaine Bear did to stay awake for that.

Also, Rocky IV ended the Cold War.  Sorry if it's not good enough or whatever.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12274 on: February 24, 2023, 02:15:46 PM »

average almost seems generous

Well I'm a nice guy Tobias. I liked the big guy in the movie.