Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1013431 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #5875 on: June 23, 2015, 04:15:04 PM »
Ok, went to meet some EMAWS, and they were watching some movie that had some goofballs playing softball.  I questioned their movie selection, and the guy hosting said "wait, in awhile there'll be a part where a woman shoots ping pong balls out of her pu$$y".  Wow, I was skeptical, but sure enough, about 40 minutes later, there's a bachelor party scene with that behavior taking place.  Guys were batting at the balls like whiffleball.  My favorite line:
Guy 1 to Guy 2, as ping pong ball whizzes by  "Aren't you going to catch that?"
Guy 2  "Hell no, I'm not touching that!"

Overall, juvenile but entertaining ("Beer League" with Artie Lange)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: June 23, 2015, 04:16:34 PM »
what the

The Big Train

« Reply #5877 on: June 23, 2015, 10:36:53 PM »
ive seen it a bunch of times but, The Rookie, when D Quaid throws for the first time and that kid catches him. that catcher is on like the shittiest team in west texas, and you're telling me he can catch a 95 MPH fastball like Salvy does. give me a rough ridin' break

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: June 24, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »
This isn't the "blow huge holes in movies" thread, ya dingus.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: June 25, 2015, 12:36:43 AM »
I just got done watching Chappie. Interesting to say the least...very futuristic and similar to I Robot but a couple of funny parts about made me piss my pants

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #5880 on: June 25, 2015, 01:39:17 AM »
I just got done watching Chappie. Interesting to say the least...very futuristic and similar to I Robot but a couple of funny parts about made me piss my pants
Is it worth seeing based only the acting of die antwoord?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: June 27, 2015, 08:06:11 PM »
Ted 2 was pretty funny but it should have been 30 minutes shorter.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: June 28, 2015, 02:07:30 PM »
I loved me some Ted 2. A talking, cursing bear teamed up with Mark Wahlberg will always be funny to me.

The Big Train

« Reply #5883 on: June 28, 2015, 03:06:19 PM »
i could see a movie staring wacky and Ted and they go out and slay phillies at all hours of the night

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: June 28, 2015, 03:41:44 PM »
Watched Paranormal Activity: Marked Ones last night.

Made me jump a few times. Kind of cool. Not very scary. Haven't seen any of the others except the first one. Confused a bit by the very end of the movie, when he walked through the portal into a house. Prob shouldn't be, but was at least level 6. They really liked using that go-pro in this one.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: June 28, 2015, 03:48:12 PM »
i could see a movie staring wacky and Ted and they go out and slay phillies at all hours of the night
:love:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: June 29, 2015, 09:27:17 AM »
Watched "Tusk" Sunday. :sdeek: Kevin Smith has got some real problems.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: June 29, 2015, 10:28:07 AM »
Watched "Tusk" Sunday. :sdeek: Kevin Smith has got some real problems.

tusk is apparently horrible and i'll never watch it but does that mean that i'm not excited for mallrats 2? no. no it doesn't.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: June 29, 2015, 01:04:29 PM »
Gone Girl - wow no wonder Rosamund Pike got an Oscar nomination.  There's psycho, then there's totally psycho, then totally rough ridin' psycho.....and Amy Dunne was a couple of levels above that.  I was terrified of her character.  I liked this movie so much I watched it later the same night and the second time around time I realized how it can be considered more of a dark comedy.  Anyone else pick up on the dark comedy vibes?

Emily Rjsfgalwjski's jugs - wish I had seen this in an IMAX theater

Tyler Perry - never have/ever will see one of his Madea movies and his acting ability seems to get ripped for those but I thought his character in this movie was great.

Reznor/Ross score was outstanding

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: June 29, 2015, 01:12:47 PM »
After Earth - this is apparently jayden smith's autobiography as imagined by will smith and written and directed by m night shymalan. It is very horrible, do not watch. my primary complaint: WHY DOES EVERYBODY TALK SO rough ridin' WEIRD. jayden smith clearly has the R-W speach impediment thing, which is fine, but he was the narrator AND they compensated by making  everyone else in the movie talk the same way. Like it was just the way that people 1000 years in the future talked. whatever.

Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead - wow! what a time capsule! but what kind of movie is this? who is it for? it has the doofy hamminess of a kids movie, but weed, death, sex, and middle fingers like an adult movie. I learned alot about eyebrows, acting, fashion, morality, and doing chores. I think it is targeted exactly at 17 year olds from the 90's who just graduated high school.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: June 29, 2015, 03:45:21 PM »
that's a pretty good Gone Girl review, Brock

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: June 29, 2015, 04:36:20 PM »
Got a group of 18 scratch n' sniff cards to John Waters' "Polyester".  Filmed in "Odorama", have organized a group watch for the weekend. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: June 29, 2015, 05:36:12 PM »
dtmtbsd is a fun movie
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: June 29, 2015, 09:06:30 PM »
Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead - wow! what a time capsule! but what kind of movie is this? who is it for? it has the doofy hamminess of a kids movie, but weed, death, sex, and middle fingers like an adult movie. I learned alot about eyebrows, acting, fashion, morality, and doing chores. I think it is targeted exactly at 17 year olds from the 90's who just graduated high school.
And I bet you learned a thing or two about grunyon, too. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: June 30, 2015, 07:56:58 AM »
every kid movie back around dtmtbsd was pretty hardcore. i mean the bad news bears drink beer, the coach is a drunk, they cuss their asses off, the lead cool kid smokes and tanner boyle is an incredible ten year old rascist bigot. it was a different time.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5895 on: June 30, 2015, 10:23:09 AM »
John Wick - started off looking like one of the most revengiest of revenge flicks I have seen in a long time.  It tried to be stylish and action filled but honestly the movie got more meh as it went along.  I really don't think the human death toll was justified by the event that set him off to begin with.  I mean yeah killing a guy's puppy is a total dick move but Wick killed like 78 people in retaliation.  Seriously it was about 78, I even Googled "John Wick death toll" because at one point I started laughing at the absurd amount of people Wick was killing.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: June 30, 2015, 10:31:17 AM »
John Wick - started off looking like one of the most revengiest of revenge flicks I have seen in a long time.  It tried to be stylish and action filled but honestly the movie got more meh as it went along.  I really don't think the human death toll was justified by the event that set him off to begin with.  I mean yeah killing a guy's puppy is a total dick move but Wick killed like 78 people in retaliation.  Seriously it was about 78, I even Googled "John Wick death toll" because at one point I started laughing at the absurd amount of people Wick was killing.
All those people protecting Theon Grayjoy deserved to die. They also stole his sweet car in the process of killing his puppy.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: June 30, 2015, 11:27:22 AM »

what did you think about how he kept getting his ass handed to him by that one random henchman?  he's supposed to be this super elite hitman killer and unnamed henchman #12 keeps kicking his ass at every turn. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: June 30, 2015, 11:43:18 AM »

It was more than justified. Those sick fucks didn't deserve to breathe.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: June 30, 2015, 11:52:09 AM »

what did you think about how he kept getting his ass handed to him by that one random henchman?  he's supposed to be this super elite hitman killer and unnamed henchman #12 keeps kicking his ass at every turn.

Yeah Bread that one was hard to figure out but apparently it's all about matchups.  Sometimes even Randy Johnson got owned by some no name scrub.