Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1016726 times)

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #5600 on: April 06, 2015, 10:55:58 AM »
we really enjoyed St. Vincent.    Bill Murray is a stud.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: April 06, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »
Interstellar was ok.  Wanted to like it more.  Didn't understand a lot of it tbh.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: April 06, 2015, 12:54:11 PM »
Interstellar was ok.  Wanted to like it more.  Didn't understand a lot of it tbh.

I'm note sure how much there was to understand. Most of the premises had at least some scientific basis, but the ending was more or less just pure fiction. You either like it or your didn't. I thought the ending was Ok, and the rest of the movie was top notch.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: April 06, 2015, 01:03:54 PM »
Force Majeure
www.imdb.com/title/tt3630276/
Little to say.

Dear White People
www.imdb.com/title/tt2235108/
Not a satire. Offensive to human beings.

Generation Iron
www.imdb.com/title/tt2205904/
Did you see that guy fall off the horse? Wow!

Life Itself
www.imdb.com/title/tt2382298/
Ebert is not interesting because he's dying.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 06:31:58 PM by PoetWarrior »

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: April 06, 2015, 01:07:56 PM »

I'm note sure how much there was to understand. Most of the premises had at least some scientific basis, but the ending was more or less just pure fiction. You either like it or your didn't. I thought the ending was Ok, and the rest of the movie was top notch.

The part about the 7 years = 1 hour due to relativity was blowing Gooch's mind.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: April 06, 2015, 01:08:58 PM »
The only interesting idea in Interstellar is the loss of time due to space travel.

The only other thing anyone should be thinking about is how awesome it is to sit there and watch on that IMAX screen and hear that organ music blasting. Thrill ride.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: April 06, 2015, 01:10:06 PM »

!

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: April 06, 2015, 01:11:08 PM »
The second half of Interstellar was very good, but you had to sit through the boring first half to get to it.
Wut? The second half is just a boring ass Neal Degrasse Tyson circle jerk.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: April 06, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »
Crap: Frank, Chef, Dumb and Dumber To, A Walk Among the Tombstones, Fury, The Expendables 3, Snowpiercer
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:17:11 PM by PoetWarrior »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: April 06, 2015, 01:13:11 PM »

I got that part. Just about everything related to the black hole lost me, though. I also wish they would have chosen a more realistic crop than corn to be the last food on earth that was growing as plentiful as it was during a severe dust bowl.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5610 on: April 06, 2015, 01:46:58 PM »
i don't buy into this black hole nonsense

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: April 06, 2015, 02:19:47 PM »

I can like it/not like it to whatever degree I want.  Sometimes you have a know-it-all tone that really rubs me the wrong way.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: April 06, 2015, 03:34:12 PM »

I can like it/not like it to whatever degree I want.  Sometimes you have a know-it-all tone that really rubs me the wrong way.

Ok. I wasn't trying to insult you - I was trying to do the opposite. Seemed like you were saying you didn't get the ending, so I said there was nothing to really "get." It was just made up without any scientific basis. Sorry to rub you the wrong way.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: April 06, 2015, 04:21:02 PM »
was that sincere? :Chirp:

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: April 06, 2015, 04:54:28 PM »

Ok. I wasn't trying to insult you - I was trying to do the opposite. Seemed like you were saying you didn't get the ending, so I said there was nothing to really "get." It was just made up without any scientific basis. Sorry to rub you the wrong way.

It movie and even ending was basically following the premise of string theory and parts of quantum theories, which in the world today is still considered science fiction.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: April 06, 2015, 04:57:27 PM »
you don't know, dub.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: April 06, 2015, 05:23:33 PM »

It's ok.  I was a little crabby earlier because the Wendy's drive thru was taking forever.  Sometimes I lash out in situations like that.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: April 06, 2015, 05:45:39 PM »
Interstellar's ending is tearing the movie thread on this blog apart.

Also, Poet, did you go see "Get Hard" in the movie theater despite my warning?  I really hope you didn't.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: April 06, 2015, 06:30:40 PM »
Also, Poet, did you go see "Get Hard" in the movie theater despite my warning?  I really hope you didn't.

Excuse me, I forgot to thank you earlier for your warning.

I have not and will not see it in the theater. Is it possible I will see it on TBS someday? Possibly.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: April 06, 2015, 07:02:49 PM »
 :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: April 06, 2015, 07:10:07 PM »

It's ok.  I was a little crabby earlier because the Wendy's drive thru was taking forever.  Sometimes I lash out in situations like that.

:cheers:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: April 06, 2015, 07:13:15 PM »

It movie and even ending was basically following the premise of string theory and parts of quantum theories, which in the world today is still considered science fiction.

As I understood it, MM went into a black hole, lived, and used the power of love to send a message across time and space to his daughter in morse code encoded in the movements of a watch. Yeah I think Hawking has a chapter on that... But I like happy endings so I was ok with it.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: April 06, 2015, 07:22:01 PM »
SPOILER ALERT
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: April 06, 2015, 08:36:30 PM »
Really disappointed you didn't like Frank, PW, but I can understand. Not really your type of movie.

'71 though???

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: April 06, 2015, 08:39:34 PM »
funny games (austrian version) was ok.  we watched the english version right after and didn't care for the villains as much.

austrian bad guy not named Fatty looked like a short-haired benny feilhaber and was v creepy