Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1016639 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #4575 on: November 08, 2014, 12:06:09 AM »
Saw Nightcrawler. Good, but mehhhh on the mediaites patting themselves on the backs for liking it  so gd much.

Wow get over yourself
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: November 08, 2014, 12:07:26 AM »
Saw Nightcrawler. Good, but mehhhh on the mediaites patting themselves on the backs for liking it  so gd much.

Wow get over yourself
It wasn't that good.  J-gyl had a good performance, tho.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: November 08, 2014, 12:08:56 AM »
One of the best characters of all time. Agree that there could have been a better story tho

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: November 08, 2014, 12:17:20 AM »
Interstellar was good, not great. I could say a lot about it but I'm not going to right now, too drunk.
A lot of dumb people are going to say it sucked and that is going to force better people into saying that it's awesome. Weird how that works.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: November 08, 2014, 12:24:08 AM »
Interstellar was good, not great. I could say a lot about it but I'm not going to right now, too drunk.
A lot of dumb people are going to say it sucked and that is going to force better people into saying that it's awesome. Weird how that works.
I had to pee during Nightcrawler, then accidentally returned to the wrong theatre. It was showing Interstellar. Looked pretty great. Awkward, tho, walking around ppls feet to eventually realize youre in the wrong rough ridin' movie.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: November 08, 2014, 12:39:43 AM »
True Story, I've never left a movie theater movie to pee

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: November 08, 2014, 12:43:57 AM »
You don't know what you're missin'
Until you start pissin' outsiiiide.

(Actual operetta sang to me by a Lawrence hippy chic)

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: November 08, 2014, 02:09:00 AM »
You don't know what you're missin'
Until you start pissin' outsiiiide.

(Actual operetta sang to me by a Lawrence hippy chic)

Bro I started the peeing outside masterthread

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: November 08, 2014, 02:30:53 AM »

Wow get over yourself
It wasn't that good.  J-gyl had a good performance, tho.

I think we would agree on how we valued the movie, but I valued Jake's performance enough to say it's a must see. The reason the Joker was so good is because he only had like 20 minutes of screen time in a 150 minute movie, so you wanted more. I wanted more of Gyllenhaal throughout the entire movie, even though he's on camera pretty much the entire time. Such an amazing character I wish I could see more of.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: November 08, 2014, 08:52:18 AM »
boyhood. i wanted to absolutely love it but just ended up really liking it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: November 08, 2014, 09:23:36 AM »

I am going to see it tomorrow in IMAX

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: November 09, 2014, 03:43:26 PM »
Interstellar made me cry

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: November 09, 2014, 04:17:10 PM »
Birdman was really good. Great cast, and the cinematography was incredible. One of those movies that's just really rough ridin' cool.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: November 09, 2014, 05:13:43 PM »
Interstellar made me cry

Me too. 

Seeing it in the brand new IMAX theater at Town Center AMC was very intense.  Almost too intense.  I was physically exhausted when I left the theater.  I felt like I had just given birth, then someone killed my child in front of me, but then later it was brought back to life, and then it was taken from me again, then had to walk out to my car and go home and try to act/think like a normal person again.  Very unsettling. 

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: November 09, 2014, 07:37:37 PM »
Saw Gone Girl tonight. Well, half of it actually. I walked out once I finished my popcorn around the hour and a half point. What an incredibly boring piece of cinema.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4590 on: November 12, 2014, 11:30:31 AM »
Interstellar: Some critics are just too uppity. Its a movie dude. They're like expecting it to be a life changing social commentary on love and family with flawless science. I expect a movie that is entertaining, and that's what it is. The characters are kinda more one dimensional than I had hoped, but I still really liked it. Had similar emotions to Pete. I liked the sarcastic robot a lot, and resonated with all the Dad/Kid relationship stuff.

Gone Girl: Had to close my eyes like 4 different times. Disturbing. I liked it I guess but part of me was just more disturbed than anything else. Also (warning spoiler alert) why didn't the white trash couple that robbed Amy realize it was Amy? Especially after she resurfaced. They could have gotten her busted. And why was the woman detective just like "Yeah, she probs killed NPH but what are you gonna do? Good luck with life Nick!" I dunno. It seemed like the FBI and cops did zero investigative work after the hospital interview. I found that part pretty annoying.

I mean, if you weren't disturbed by Gone Girl you might not have a soul. Super gross. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: November 12, 2014, 11:32:53 AM »
Gone Girl: Had to close my eyes like 4 different times. Disturbing. I liked it I guess but part of me was just more disturbed than anything else. Also (warning spoiler alert) why didn't the white trash couple that robbed Amy realize it was Amy? Especially after she resurfaced. They could have gotten her busted. And why was the woman detective just like "Yeah, she probs killed NPH but what are you gonna do? Good luck with life Nick!" I dunno. It seemed like the FBI and cops did zero investigative work after the hospital interview. I found that part pretty annoying.

I mean, if you weren't disturbed by Gone Girl you might not have a soul. Super gross.

the soundtrack was perfect, but you probably thought it was incubus  :lol:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: November 12, 2014, 11:35:56 AM »
Soundtrack was v good mocat.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: November 12, 2014, 11:42:25 AM »
Birdman was really good. Great cast, and the cinematography was incredible. One of those movies that's just really rough ridin' cool.
That movie looks crazy. It looks like I'd need to be mumped up on something to really enjoy it.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: November 12, 2014, 11:59:37 AM »
That movie looks crazy. It looks like I'd need to be mumped up on something to really enjoy it.

No way. Although there are cerebral elements, the movie is intended to tug at your heartstrings. The plot is much more straightforward than the previews would lead you to believe.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: November 12, 2014, 12:07:33 PM »
12 years a slave and chef. both pretty good but lol at pitt and favy casting themselves into the best roles possible.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: November 12, 2014, 12:16:45 PM »

SPOILERS in response to Cartier:

I haven't seen the movie but in the book when the rednecks that rob Amy she has already gained weight and changed her hair length/color. she watches TV with the girl who eventually robs her as they are "friends" before and they watch the show that Nick goes on together, so if the girl didnt notice her when she was sitting right next to her, i doubt she would recognize her and come forward afterwards. also she killed NPH in self defense according to everyone else because she had the rape kit, hairs in the back of his trunk, tied to the bed rope burns, etc. they knew they couldnt prove it... but yeah, the ending is infuriating. i doubt they go into that much detail in the movie but maybe?

im gonna go see gone girl friday. looking forward to it.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: November 12, 2014, 01:35:12 PM »

SPOILERS in response to Cartier:

I haven't seen the movie but in the book when the rednecks that rob Amy she has already gained weight and changed her hair length/color. she watches TV with the girl who eventually robs her as they are "friends" before and they watch the show that Nick goes on together, so if the girl didnt notice her when she was sitting right next to her, i doubt she would recognize her and come forward afterwards. also she killed NPH in self defense according to everyone else because she had the rape kit, hairs in the back of his trunk, tied to the bed rope burns, etc. they knew they couldnt prove it... but yeah, the ending is infuriating. i doubt they go into that much detail in the movie but maybe?

im gonna go see gone girl friday. looking forward to it.

The biggest issue I had with the whole NPH thing is...

Surely someone saw him the day he was supposed to have kidnapped her. Her story would all fall apart if he had an alibi for the time when she was kidnapped.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #4598 on: November 12, 2014, 01:56:06 PM »
I am gearing up for some Hallmark Holiday movies guys!  I will keep everyone updated!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: November 12, 2014, 02:02:18 PM »
i watched Hercules with the rock a couple days ago and was pleasantly surprise. sneaky good supporting cast and it was actually witty and very well done. definitely entertaining.