Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1016462 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #3625 on: March 26, 2014, 12:53:19 PM »
Bad Grandpa - Pretty funny. Just a bunch of stuff from Jackass strung together by a storyline. The thing I can't get over is how they got the kid to go along with everything so well.
I was shocked at how funny I thought that movie was.  The kid is great, but Johnny Knoxville has a knack for saying hilarious stuff off the cuff.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: March 26, 2014, 02:38:48 PM »
Bad Grandpa - Pretty funny. Just a bunch of stuff from Jackass strung together by a storyline. The thing I can't get over is how they got the kid to go along with everything so well.
I was shocked at how funny I thought that movie was.  The kid is great, but Johnny Knoxville has a knack for saying hilarious stuff off the cuff.

The previews ruined a lot of the most hilarious parts. That made me sad.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: March 26, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »
The Spectacular Now - Almost like a mix of Perks of Being a Wallflower and Smashed. (If you haven't seen Smashed, you must. I watched it for Aaron Paul but he's about #10 on the list of reasons I loved it.) I loved it because any movie that has a young, newfound relationship is already endearing, but that kid's personality reminded me a lot of myself in high school. Really in college too, when it comes to being so afraid to fail that you don't take any steps forward in your life. But his conversation with his mom in the end really got me. A couple of people really close to me have the same outlook on themselves and how people view them, and it's really sad that you can't talk to them logically about it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: March 26, 2014, 02:55:15 PM »
Bad Grandpa seems like a movie somebody with a 5th grade reading level would like.   :whistle1:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: March 26, 2014, 02:57:53 PM »
The Spectacular Now - Almost like a mix of Perks of Being a Wallflower and Smashed. (If you haven't seen Smashed, you must. I watched it for Aaron Paul but he's about #10 on the list of reasons I loved it.) I loved it because any movie that has a young, newfound relationship is already endearing, but that kid's personality reminded me a lot of myself in high school. Really in college too, when it comes to being so afraid to fail that you don't take any steps forward in your life. But his conversation with his mom in the end really got me. A couple of people really close to me have the same outlook on themselves and how people view them, and it's really sad that you can't talk to them logically about it.

i will watch it tonight.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: March 26, 2014, 03:05:01 PM »
Mr. Nobody (2009) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485947/

i mean it's like a surreal and abstract art-house and more complicated version of Sliding Doors, in case anybody is interested. also with Jared Leto instead of Gwyneth Paltrow. the more i think about it, the more i love it. you guys just watch it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: March 26, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »

i will watch it tonight.
and omg amy finnicky i think i love you. 

i've never fallen for a fictional character so hard.  and a high-schooler nonetheless!

:surprised:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: March 26, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »

i will watch it tonight.

i've never fallen for a fictional character so hard.  and a high-schooler nonetheless!

aimee
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: March 26, 2014, 03:18:22 PM »

i will watch it tonight.

aimee
what's in a name?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: March 26, 2014, 03:24:35 PM »

i mean it's like a surreal and abstract art-house and more complicated version of Sliding Doors, in case anybody is interested. also with Jared Leto instead of Gwyneth Paltrow. the more i think about it, the more i love it. you guys just watch it.

wow that sounds right up my alley

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: March 26, 2014, 03:29:03 PM »

I've heard it described as Jared Leto having sex with your mind. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: March 26, 2014, 03:53:38 PM »

the book was exponentially better than the movie.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: March 26, 2014, 03:54:57 PM »

I don't care, nerd.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: March 26, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »

take it to the book thread, reader
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: March 26, 2014, 04:03:20 PM »

Most shocking post of '14 if you ask me.

The Big Train

« Reply #3640 on: March 26, 2014, 04:31:45 PM »
Bad Grandpa seems like a movie somebody with a 5th grade reading level would like.   :whistle1:

*insert mean/witty comment about UoP*

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: March 26, 2014, 04:34:03 PM »

*insert mean/witty comment about UoP*
*insert mean/witty comment about being original*

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: March 26, 2014, 11:00:54 PM »

i will watch it tonight.

well that was very enjoyable and the kid that played sutter was just fantastic.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: March 26, 2014, 11:11:07 PM »
yeah yeah yeah, sutter was great and all, but that amy finnicky, eh?!

she was so nice and loved sutter SO much.  that part when sutter was like "it's in 10 minutes," and she's like "ten minutes from now?" "ok whatever sure i'll come."  also the part where she's like "we never have to talk about it again."

WHAT!  Are you crazy?!  If i was a feminist, I would hate this movie and Amy Finnicky for the creation of an absolute absurdly amazing, caring female character.  She is an impossible standard. Plus a boozehound!

And beautiful too!  Va va voom.

Sutter is a great character we all probably knew at one point, but goodness gravy, that Amy Finnicky.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: March 26, 2014, 11:15:08 PM »
yeah yeah yeah, sutter was great and all, but that amy finnicky, eh?!

she was so nice and loved sutter SO much.  that part when sutter was like "it's in 10 minutes," and she's like "ok whatever sure i'll come."  also the part where she's like "we never have to talk about it again."

WHAT!  Are you crazy?!  If i was a feminist, I would hate this movie and Amy Finnicky for the creation of an absolute absurdly amazing, caring female character.  She is an impossible standard. Plus a boozehound!

And beautiful too!  Va va voom.

Sutter is a great character we all probably knew at one point, but goodness gravy, that Amy Finnicky.

"should we take our shirts off?"

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: March 26, 2014, 11:16:49 PM »
"should we take our shirts off?"
Stop it!!!!

:Keke:

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: March 27, 2014, 03:19:46 AM »
Re-watching Heat on HBO, such a great movie.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: March 27, 2014, 08:10:07 AM »

I've heard it described as Jared Leto having sex with your mind.

YES!

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: March 27, 2014, 09:39:53 AM »

i love that movie.  michael mann is my favorite.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: March 27, 2014, 09:45:19 AM »

i love that movie.  michael mann is my favorite.

ME TOO! everybody dogged on Miami Vice but hand on the bible i liked it quite a bit