Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1011326 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #11125 on: March 08, 2021, 05:09:07 PM »
I entered with low expectations and laughed a lot. Just as cheesy as the original. Great cameos.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Yeah, honestly I liked it but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit underwhelmed. Then I remembered, like Coming To America, this comedy is one that will almost assuredly get more funny easy time you see it.

It is certainly too late for this but I wish sometime in the last 30+ years that the My-T-Sharp guys had their own movie. That would have been funnier than Barbershop.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11126 on: March 08, 2021, 06:26:59 PM »
I am not sure where to put it, but I watched the first two episodes of Allen v Farrow and it is just awful stuff to watch.  Really shocking even if you know the general shape of the story.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11127 on: March 08, 2021, 06:46:36 PM »
I am not sure where to put it, but I watched the first two episodes of Allen v Farrow and it is just awful stuff to watch.  Really shocking even if you know the general shape of the story.

Yeah, I have it in the tv thread, it's a scandal that he didn't end up in jail. There's a conversation in there but I think some people chiming in hasn't seen the doc. The detail is shocking and honestly he isn't any better than the most horrific child predators you might see on the news and dude makes movies bragging about being a child molester. I'm watching episode 3 tonight.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11128 on: March 08, 2021, 06:50:17 PM »
I did feel myself judging the crap out of Mia Farrow as well, not sure if that is fair but I just can't imagine making one or two of the seemingly dozens of inexplicably awful decisions she has made about her children.  Obviously Woody is the real villain, but I don't understand her at all.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11129 on: March 08, 2021, 06:58:44 PM »

Yeah, I have it in the tv thread, it's a scandal that he didn't end up in jail. There's a conversation in there but I think some people chiming in hasn't seen the doc. The detail is shocking and honestly he isn't any better than the most horrific child predators you might see on the news and dude makes movies bragging about being a child molester. I'm watching episode 3 tonight.

Just finished episode three. It provides more context related to the first sentence of your post.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11130 on: March 09, 2021, 12:46:06 AM »
I did feel myself judging the crap out of Mia Farrow as well, not sure if that is fair but I just can't imagine making one or two of the seemingly dozens of inexplicably awful decisions she has made about her children.  Obviously Woody is the real villain, but I don't understand her at all.

What did you feel like she did wrong? You should be able to trust your world famous boyfriend to hang out with your kids without him molesting his own daughter and grooming your adopted daughter. When she found out she immediately dumped him and went public.

They haven't talked about this a whole lot, but I feel really sorry for Ronan, I can't imagine how much therapy he needed, essentially rejected by his father at birth because he didn't have a vagina.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11131 on: March 09, 2021, 05:20:21 AM »
She already had some doubts / weird stuff to the point he wasn’t supposed to be alone with her. 

I think the general household of that many kids and the seemingly at a whim adoptions just weirded me out on its own, but then the guy you are on a date with says “I hate kids, I want nothing to do with them.” It is just red flag city USA

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: March 09, 2021, 07:49:04 AM »
I'm waiting for the whole thing to be available before watching, but I thought it was an open secret that Ronan is Sinatra's kid?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: March 09, 2021, 08:09:28 AM »

What did you feel like she did wrong? You should be able to trust your world famous boyfriend to hang out with your kids without him molesting his own daughter and grooming your adopted daughter. When she found out she immediately dumped him and went public.

They haven't talked about this a whole lot, but I feel really sorry for Ronan, I can't imagine how much therapy he needed, essentially rejected by his father at birth because he didn't have a vagina.

i'm kinda with KK on this one like all the incredibly bizarre behavior toward/treatment of Dylan from like ages 2-7...i mean i realize there are other factors that cloud peoples' judgment but i'd like to think something that outlandish would mean hypervigilance on the part of Mia Farrow, at least until Woody had proven it was all innocent (which he didnt). But i was getting the sense that his relationship with Soon Yi wasn't as overt...like yeah he would take her to Knicks games but i'm not sure he was like, totally obsessed with her like he was with Dylan.

And yes MIR i agree about Ronan that was the first thing I thought when they started getting into his story. I mean i was pretty open with my friends and family about how much I wanted to have a boy, and of course we had a girl, but i love her with every fiber of my being and i cannot even fathom not loving your child just because they were not the sex you were hoping for.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11134 on: March 09, 2021, 11:29:51 AM »
She already had some doubts / weird stuff to the point he wasn’t supposed to be alone with her. 

I think the general household of that many kids and the seemingly at a whim adoptions just weirded me out on its own, but then the guy you are on a date with says “I hate kids, I want nothing to do with them.” It is just red flag city USA

Yeah, all of that is really good, I agree with you.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11135 on: March 09, 2021, 05:09:45 PM »
I thought Ronan was Sinatra‘s kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11136 on: March 09, 2021, 05:11:03 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: March 09, 2021, 05:35:25 PM »
Yeah as libtardseed mentioned above I thought most people had pretty much accepted this.  I mean this is about as big of a shocking mystery as Elizabeth Olsen being related to the Olsen Twins.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11138 on: March 09, 2021, 07:17:01 PM »
Y'all really need to watch the documentary. Ronan was born 20 years after Mia and Frank divorced. The doc didn't say, but heavily assumed that Ronan was Woody's son but Woody wanted nothing to do with him. When they discussed it on the doc, she talked about Woody essentially ignoring Ronan, but it was posed as "I told you I didn't want a kid" and not "this kid is someone else's."

I did read at one time she did Ronan could be Frank's since they "never really broke up," but that was dismissed as being a joke. This was never presented as a possibility in the doc and I only heard about it because y'all keep acting like it's common knowledge or some crap.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11139 on: March 09, 2021, 09:30:18 PM »

Just finished episode three. It provides more context related to the first sentence of your post.

Just watched episode 3.

1. Woody Allen is in danger of being harmed by someone in public, in broad daylight. His crimes were heinous. If I lived in NYC and saw him I can't say I wouldn't beat his ass and I'm mentally stable. We will never see him in public again not in handcuffs or a gurney.
2. It was interesting seeing this while having the conversation about Ronan. In the first episode Mia made it seem like Woody wanted nothing to do with Ronan, but this episode is filled with videos of Woody, Ronan, and Dylan and of course Woody tried to gain custody of them. It's very obvious that Woody thought Ronan was his kid.

3. Bucket, I don't think that the episode did a good job in explaining why he never got charged, if anything I have many more questions. Why did they leave all of that evidence just sitting, untouched, for decades? Were the detectives in two different states just that scared of the dirt that Woody would drag up on them?

BTW, there is an accompanying podcast with this show. On the latest episode they do talk about why Mia adopted and birthed so many kids.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11140 on: March 09, 2021, 10:16:04 PM »

3. Bucket, I don't think that the episode did a good job in explaining why he never got charged, if anything I have many more questions. Why did they leave all of that evidence just sitting, untouched, for decades? Were the detectives in two different states just that scared of the dirt that Woody would drag up on them?

It didn't, but they made it sound like Woody had better connections and more star power at the time of the scandal. Those things combined, higher ups silenced people working the case or slanted it in his favor. I didn't pay attention very well for episode three so I just ran with NYC and that clinic that interviewed Dylan multiple times were corrupt.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11141 on: March 10, 2021, 03:46:17 AM »
I mean did you see what they did to the social worker who took the investigation seriously?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11142 on: March 10, 2021, 05:25:47 AM »
I mean did you see what they did to the social worker who took the investigation seriously?

I did, but the cops, scared of Woody Allen and some lawyers, smdh. I guess the message should be, rape kids if you have a scummy enough defense team.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11143 on: March 12, 2021, 11:48:26 AM »
I watched Brick last night for the first time in a long time and damn that is an enjoyable movie

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11144 on: March 12, 2021, 12:15:49 PM »
I really want to enjoy that movie but I couldn't take it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11145 on: March 12, 2021, 02:06:58 PM »
haha, yeah the dialogue is the dialogue

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11146 on: March 12, 2021, 02:28:34 PM »
It's one that is similar to Clerks or the Gilmore Girls where the dialogue isn't believable but once you buy into that world, it works really well.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: March 12, 2021, 11:47:42 PM »
Jojo Rabbit is great. Really great.  Why didn't anyone tell me about it? I thought it was really great.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11148 on: March 13, 2021, 06:59:43 AM »
Jojo Rabbit is great. Really great.  Why didn't anyone tell me about it? I thought it was really great.
You haven’t been talking to Stevesie clearly.

I did not like it.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11149 on: March 13, 2021, 10:33:47 AM »
What didn't you like about it?  I didn't think I would like it, but then I did.