Author Topic: KU Basketball is Hurting  (Read 163728 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: KU Basketball is Hurting
« Reply #525 on: May 11, 2020, 03:14:18 PM »
Gotta say, the fact that the NCAA mentioned the Late Night performance in their reply document is really LOL.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 11, 2020, 06:00:07 PM »
Haven't really followed this story much.  Is Self going to prison or nah?

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 11, 2020, 06:23:02 PM »
Haven't really followed this story much.  Is Self going to prison or nah?
Very likely

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 09, 2020, 08:28:21 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 09, 2020, 08:34:48 PM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 09, 2020, 08:42:18 PM »

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 11, 2020, 10:34:33 AM »
who told them that the tournament makes the NCAA $80B?

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 11, 2020, 11:57:01 AM »
This was a particularly lovely gem:

MarkKozelek
Posted on Jun 5th, 5:48 PM, , User Since 87 months ago, User Post Count: 1,455

Substantially hurting KU would substantially hurt the NCAA. There are FOUR Blue Bloods in all of college hoops. KU is one of them. We generate more interest alone than the rest of the Big 12 and PAC-12 combined.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 11, 2020, 03:02:40 PM »
Oklahoma state had an assistant coach convicted. KU didn’t.

It’s insane. They want a blue blood that isn’t duke or Kentucky

Not all top recruits care about the NCAA tournament. See Beasley, Michael.

This is the silver lining today. If an assistant coach accepts money and is convicted of a federal crime, and the punishment is the one year ban, how bad can it possibly be when none of the coaches were charged with a crime, and there was sworn testimony that the coaches were intentionally kept out of the loop?

There’s no way our transgressions should be looked at as harshly. If they are, there has to be some outside relief.

It’s alll a completely laughable chain of events and that doesn’t take into account of our current political climate (sorry to get political) and how the ‘money’ sports are primarily African American and they help fund other non revenue sports that are primarily white.

It's time for the P5 to pull out.

KU is doomed on the optics side of things no matter what. If you care about them. The public perception from non KU fans is that KU needs to go down now no matter what. Those people dont know all the details of the case. They just group KU and Ok State and Auburn and all the others into one big group of teams and ignore the evidence in hand and the differences in each case. This includes media folk as well. Garry Parrish is one that comes to mind.
      That darn Gary Parrish   :curse:

I think most schools would admire KU for finally calling the NCAA out on their BS.

The difference is Okie St was actually caught doing something wrong and KU was caught texting "We Good" and sitting players when there were concerns on their amateur status.

The guy speaking on behalf of the ncaa is a dumbass.

The NCAA is a ******** joke and totally random, what happened to Oklahoma State will have zero bearing on what happens to KU good or bad. Throw a fvcking dart.

I don’t think the NCAA can afford to hammer KU. Like said, we are one of 4 bluebloods who generate a TON of interest. Most talked about programs in cbb: Duke, UK, KU. With the cancellation of the tourney this year, that cost the NCAA $80 billion. You think going forward they would want sites like Wichita, KC, Omaha to be empty bc KU is banned and can’t play? KU single handedly sells out those arenas for the tourney. Without them there, it’s prob 60% capacity max. Just my opinion.

Hate to break this to you but the FBI couldn't even find anything on KU. The NCAA won't do *****.

Im not sure the NCAA will be around in 3 years

Maybe if some rioters just happened to be walking past the NCAA building....

I hate to break this to you, but the FBI wasn’t looking for anything on KU. It had to use KU, the academic institution, to make its theory of the crime. In doing so, it essentially treated Self, Townsend, and the entire basketball program as unindicted co-conspirators.

KU hoops is bigger than any of this in the end. They will weather any storm. Rock Chalk

I expect our case to go to the courts and hopefully our legal team points out examples where the NCAA has chosen to ignore the shoe companies influence on college BB up until now.

NCAA is throwing absolutely everything at KU hoping to scare them into admitting something and taking lesser penalties.

I would love to negotiate with many who post here on this thread. The point of negotiation (and, trust me, this is a negotiation) is to make the other party feel a weakened stance or go as far as intimidate and defeat, if it's prudent. The NCAA is hoping the current accusations and environment scare KU into being "cooperative".

At least 90% of the Power 5 teams want to see the NCAA get hammered for egregiously using selective enforcement of the rules. The other teams are merely glad it's us and not them that is taking the NCAA to task. That's their joy in seeing this happen to KU.

Yep, we clearly should have packed up and gone to Under Armour, who was directly named in our indictment, or Nike, who has subsequently admitted to directing payments to players and their families.

How about this outcome? KU simply refuses to play their game and stalls or ignores any deadlines. What's the blowback from that approach

I think "we" arent paying recruits but obviously we are in bed with those who are.

I think if there is a blue-blood-type program that is actually taking care of players directly, it's Duke. It's a private university with a very small, wealthy alumni base that is spread all over the country.

The problem is - and always has been - that there is too much gray area, but your "bags of cash" argument still boils down to whether Gassnola should be declared a booster. Let's look at this "booster" issue in another way, then. In legal contractual terms. Instead of "booster," substitute "agent." Was Gassnola acting as an agent of KU? That analysis begins with authority and control. Was he acting with authority granted by KU or the coaching staff? No. He was acting in the best interest of his employer, adidas, not KU. Granted, in most situations, those interests align, but is there any question that Gassnola would act in adidas' interest if the interests of the two parties diverged? Absolutely not. If it was in adidas' best interest to steer a top recruit to another school, he'd do it in a heartbeat. Same with control. KU does not control what Gassnola does.

He's technically a booster of every Adidas school. If you are a booster of every Adidas school are you really a booster of any school?

Do you honestly think the NCAA wants text and phone records of their good ol' boy network public. With the incestuous nature of their enforcement arm and previous university affiliation or even the compostion of their new committee, there is a zero sum chance that there aren't salacious, damning and possibly illegal texts.

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 11, 2020, 04:32:44 PM »
Nicely done, fun muffin! TY.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 11, 2020, 04:36:27 PM »
gems!

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: June 11, 2020, 05:50:40 PM »
those are real beauts clark

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 11, 2020, 06:01:59 PM »
How dare they bring Michael Beasley into this
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 11, 2020, 08:37:33 PM »
jesus eff

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 11, 2020, 09:08:23 PM »
We have lawyered up as much as one can lawyer up. Millions of dollars already spent and believe you me, the alumni have let it be known that there is no dollar amount that is too much to spend on this. We’re talking scorched earth, exhaust every resource at our disposal, fight it until they pry it from our cold dead hands. Everything that can be done is being done.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 11, 2020, 09:08:40 PM »
How can fans of a school honestly be this naive about their situation? I’m flabbergasted. Woof!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 11, 2020, 09:10:17 PM »
They’re too poor to pay their old football coach. What in the world kind of $ do they think they have after covid?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 11, 2020, 09:55:45 PM »
We have lawyered up as much as one can lawyer up. Millions of dollars already spent and believe you me, the alumni have let it be known that there is no dollar amount that is too much to spend on this. We’re talking scorched earth, exhaust every resource at our disposal, fight it until they pry it from our cold dead hands. Everything that can be done is being done.
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 12, 2020, 10:11:08 AM »
can you imagine typing this sentence with a straight face because i can't

"there is a zero sum chance that there aren't salacious, damning and possibly illegal texts"

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 12, 2020, 03:11:12 PM »
Zero sum relative to what? There are many zero sums.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 12, 2020, 05:00:27 PM »
can you imagine typing this sentence with a straight face because i can't

"there is a zero sum chance that there aren't salacious, damning and possibly illegal texts"
It means that the chances are:

18% damning
-31% salacious
+13% illegal

0 sum chance
:adios: