Author Topic: KU Basketball is Hurting  (Read 161016 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: KU Basketball is Hurting
« Reply #275 on: March 06, 2019, 10:48:30 AM »
Apparently this is now the most important big12 tournament in history. They better win it or I'm nervous our squawk brethren will take drastic measures  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 06, 2019, 10:49:48 AM »
dont cry because its over, smile because it happened

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 06, 2019, 12:15:15 PM »
The Phog is a total dumpster fire right now. They're eating each other alive.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 06, 2019, 12:26:39 PM »
I haven't thought of phog in ages. Many years, for real. Thinking about it now caused me to think of EarthdogFred. So, I looked him up. I saw that damn Jack Nicholson avi and irl loled.

Quote from: phog poster
So what does the team say when they break the huddle against Baylor?
Quote from: EDF
"Win one of the next two and we can hang on to a #5 seed!!"

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 06, 2019, 12:29:27 PM »
My perfect (almost) scenario would be (a) don't win the Big XII (check), (b) lose in the 1st round of the Conference tournament, (c) lose in the 1st round of the NCAA, (d) NCAA comes down and crushes their smokes for AD violations.

You'd be able hear the wailing in China.

God what a great year that'd be.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 06, 2019, 12:43:56 PM »
The fan base doesn’t deserve Self. Any KU fan under 35 basically has never tasted anything other than conference titles and massive tournament success. Honestly the entire fan base needs a  stretch of mediocrity like Billy Gillespie at UK to bring them back to baseline.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 06, 2019, 02:18:03 PM »
The fan base doesn’t deserve Self. Any KU fan under 35 basically has never tasted anything other than conference titles and massive tournament success. Honestly the entire fan base needs a  stretch of mediocrity like Billy Gillespie at UK to bring them back to baseline.

He's currently at a junior college, so he's available!

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 06, 2019, 02:46:56 PM »
Honestly they deserve turdgeon

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 06, 2019, 04:40:44 PM »
They need another Jerod Haase who isn't afraid of that extra effort and skinned knees.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 07, 2019, 08:29:16 AM »
KU signed their first contract with Adidas in Self's second season.  That's when Self won his first Dr. Pepper.

The streak ended when the Adidas relationship hit a little snag.

Coincidence? 

Great run, but the gig is up.  Bill Self would do best to take that NCAA job, because if he sticks around, and he can't leverage Adidas anymore on the recruiting trail.   KU T-Shirt Nation is going to eat that dude alive.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 07, 2019, 02:52:19 PM »
I feel like this is all somehow the fault of that new Less whateverhisname is guy.  I mean, could you design a better transition than taking down the internal competition?

Is KU a football school now?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 07, 2019, 02:55:42 PM »
The Dye vs The Rug

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2019, 04:35:11 PM »
Lots of competing "Aw, shucks!" interviews between Massa and Less.  Their intentional facade of being down home is befitting Lawrentucky.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 07, 2019, 04:50:28 PM »
damn, crap is getting real
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26172472/sources-lsu-coach-wiretap-discussing-offer

seff is probably smarter than this tho by now

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 07, 2019, 05:11:04 PM »
Yeah, they were already good, but the ticket office brouhaha revealed which nooks and crannies were better than others.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 08, 2019, 04:47:42 PM »
Mar 7, 8:48 AM

I stopped reading after he said John Wooden had the streak at UCLA for 13 years. UCLA had 3 different coaches during their streak. I think UCLA streak was more about paying players than great coaches.

From the phog... it's a post that really was not thought out, and may not age well.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 08, 2019, 05:16:29 PM »
They have to be the most fragile egoed fan base on the planet. Not goemawing either. It's fascinating.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 08, 2019, 05:34:11 PM »
It’s what happens when the majority of your fan base has never faced any real adversity

Offline Mels Fish Bowl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 09, 2019, 09:21:24 AM »
Mar 7, 8:48 AM

I stopped reading after he said John Wooden had the streak at UCLA for 13 years. UCLA had 3 different coaches during their streak. I think UCLA streak was more about paying players than great coaches.

From the phog... it's a post that really was not thought out, and may not age well.
A comparison of 1964-75 UCLA teams to current era schools is silly.

Those UCLA teams only had to win 2 games to advance to a Final Four and they got to stay near West Coast playing the likes of Long Beach State, Santa Clara U, U of San Francisco (way after their Bill Russell , K.C. Jones teams), Utah State and Pacific U to advance to a Final Four.
Manhattan Tradition Since 1951

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 09, 2019, 01:44:48 PM »
Yes, they had to win fewer games to win the NCAA tourney, but the bracket wasn’t full of bubble losers. Every team was their conference champion, iirc.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 11, 2019, 12:47:52 PM »
Ts&Ps to the KU fan base. There are so many salty butt hurt posts on the Phog. I feel bad for them.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 11, 2019, 12:53:01 PM »
Ts&Ps to the KU fan base. There are so many salty butt hurt posts on the Phog. I feel bad for them.

RadioHawk67212 10
21 hours ago
via Mobile
The best thing about this whole season is Squeaky is solidified as the coach at KSuck for the next 5-10 years. Absolutely terrific news for KU fans.

Folks, there's a lot more over there but this is a family-oriented blog and I want to keep information about their vile rantings at a PG-13 level... Just tragic what this has done to them from a psychological standpoint.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 11, 2019, 02:19:09 PM »
Gotta say, this past few days has been one of the greatest "not our rival" meltdowns I've ever seen.

Nothing says "not our rival" like 72 hours of explaining how (insert school name here) is not our rival.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 11, 2019, 02:44:40 PM »
Gotta say, this past few days has been one of the greatest "not our rival" meltdowns I've ever seen.

Nothing says "not our rival" like 72 hours of explaining how (insert school name here) is not our rival.
I'm sure once it's out of their system, they'll start talking tons of sh1t on Tech too.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 11, 2019, 03:04:07 PM »

I'm sure once it's out of their system, they'll start talking tons of sh1t on Tech too.

Well, Mizzou is still their big rival.   It was so huge back in the day that just about every year 10's of thousands of fans would arrive and stay at the football games dressed looking exactly like metal bleachers.

The last football game in the HUGE rivalry was played in front of 30,000 empty seats at Arrowhead Stadium, and would have left 5,000 empty seats had the game been played in Lawrence, and 20,000 empty seats had the game been played in Columbia.

But it was a huge rivalry, huge!