Author Topic: Killing babies at 9 months  (Read 26183 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Killing babies at 9 months
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2019, 08:09:30 PM »
I mean, you either value the life of the mother more than the fetus or you don’t. For most people this is an easy choice.

You did catch the part where it was for protecting the mother’s health in high-risk situations, right?
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2019, 08:11:06 PM »
I get it now, I don’t really believe that’s what they’re passing tho. I think it will be a loose law like medical marijuana. Find the right doc and they’ll hook you up. I would obviously feel differently if my wife’s life was on the line, but I don’t trust that will be the case.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2019, 08:11:21 PM »
adds a provision for abortions at any time if the baby would not survive the birth. Additionally, the act permits abortions at any point if it is necessary to protect the mother's life or health.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2019, 08:29:06 PM »
I get it now, I don’t really believe that’s what they’re passing tho. I think it will be a loose law like medical marijuana. Find the right doc and they’ll hook you up. I would obviously feel differently if my wife’s life was on the line, but I don’t trust that will be the case.

Jesus, Wacky, think about what you're saying. If a woman lives in a state where abortion is legal and she keeps the child until labor is imminent, then it's pretty obvious she wants the kid. And if it gets to that point, there's not a single rational argument that isn't predicated on a life or death situation that would be able to dissuade her keeping the child. It's how we are wired biologically.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2019, 08:31:23 PM »
I think many of the sober voices in this thread are mischaracterizing the changes to the law, a bit.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2019, 08:39:33 PM »
Nevermind. I almost got got by fake news.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2019, 09:04:51 PM »

Jesus, Wacky, think about what you're saying. If a woman lives in a state where abortion is legal and she keeps the child until labor is imminent, then it's pretty obvious she wants the kid. And if it gets to that point, there's not a single rational argument that isn't predicated on a life or death situation that would be able to dissuade her keeping the child. It's how we are wired biologically.
Let me introduce you to the term #DumpsterBaby

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2019, 09:05:03 PM »
I guess there really are weirdos out there that thought that people were carrying babies to full term and then just deciding they "didn't want them" and getting a doctor to abort the baby, not just using this absurd scenario as a cynical rhetorical device.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2019, 09:08:56 PM »
I guess there really are weirdos out there that thought that people were carrying babies to full term and then just deciding they "didn't want them" and getting a doctor to abort the baby, not just using this absurd scenario as a cynical rhetorical device.
You don’t think this really happens? In New York of all places?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2019, 09:15:46 PM »
Jesus Wacky you can't be asking that as a serious question to KK.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2019, 09:18:05 PM »
Am I to believe that prior to this law doctors in NY were being forced to let mothers die in order to ensure their children lived?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2019, 09:18:14 PM »
“In New York of all places” says man from Eudora, KS
:adios:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2019, 09:18:32 PM »

That's not even a remotely common occurance - it's a total 6- to 8-sigma event. It's in our mythos precisely because of how bonkers it is.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2019, 09:18:39 PM »
I would obviously feel differently if my wife’s life was on the line, but I don’t trust that will be the case.

Man, you don't want to go down this road of eff everyone else because it hasn't happened to me.  I wish you all the best but the fact you are both older than normal child years puts your risk of complication higher.  I know in my heart of hearts everything will go well but man, just think about what you said here.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2019, 09:20:20 PM »
Jesus Wacky you can't be asking that as a serious question to KK.
Read it sober. Asking about NYC ppl.  :facepalm:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2019, 09:22:10 PM »
I would obviously feel differently if my wife’s life was on the line, but I don’t trust that will be the case.

Man, you don't want to go down this road of eff everyone else because it hasn't happened to me.  I wish you all the best but the fact you are both older than normal child years puts your risk of complication higher.  I know in my heart of hearts everything will go well but man, just think about what you said here.
You’re mumped up? :dunno:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2019, 09:23:19 PM »
Technically, NY prosecutors previously had the OPTION to prosecute doctors who performed late-term abortions necessary to protect the health of mothers. My guess is that section of the penal code was rarely if ever enforced. This change simply removes the discretionary mechanism.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2019, 09:25:57 PM »

Sigh.  I hope you reflect someday on some of these rants you go on about serious stuff.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2019, 09:28:18 PM »
Technically, NY prosecutors previously had the OPTION to prosecute doctors who performed late-term abortions necessary to protect the health of mothers. My guess is that section of the penal code was rarely if ever enforced. This change simply removes the discretionary mechanism.
Imagine that.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Killing babies at 9 months
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2019, 09:30:07 PM »

So the law is about protecting doctors then I guess.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2019, 09:33:42 PM »

So the law is about protecting doctors then I guess.

Technically women could have been subject to the law, as well.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2019, 09:34:05 PM »

That's not even a remotely common occurance - it's a total 6- to 8-sigma event. It's in our mythos precisely because of how bonkers it is.

Ever heard of a song called, "Brenda's Got a Baby."  :shakesfist:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2019, 09:34:13 PM »

Sigh.  I hope you reflect someday on some of these rants you go on about serious stuff.
you’re a single bachelor. You have no rough ridin' idea how this effects anyone. However, since you love inserting yourself into every discussion that has nothing to do with you or your current situation, let me tell you, having sex, which hopefully you get to do sometime soon in your life makes choices. I hope that when you eventually have the opportunity you take care of things either way.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2019, 09:36:37 PM »
Ha. Ok. You do you Wacky. Sorry I was the 20th person to comment on a thread you started and that sent you over the edge.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2019, 09:40:21 PM »
I’m good, bud. Heard a heart beat today. I think I’ll keep it!