Author Topic: MEGA MAGA  (Read 449233 times)

mocat and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: MAGA
« Reply #4875 on: September 11, 2021, 12:16:55 AM »
Thanks to numerous GOP pushes for Right to Work and the SCOTUS gutting unions those people can enjoy being fired with zero protections. Of course most won’t do it as conservative are snowflakes

So we're done being mad about people not working when they are capable, now capable people are walking out?  FFS i got crap that needs to get done on a time crunch.  I don't want to have to train new employees who are replacing these guys.

The federal government has never issued a vaccine mandate applicable to private citizens generally, and if they did, I'm about 95% certain it would be found unconstitutional. People forget that the federal government cannot exert any power to secure the declared objects of the Constitution unless such power be found in, or can properly be implied from, some express delegation of authority in the Constitution. Protection of the general health, safety, and welfare of citizens (so-called "police powers") has always been the domain of the states. That's why the Supreme Court has upheld state vaccine mandates in the past. To grant general police powers to the federal government would be the greatest transfer of power from the states to the federal government that has ever occurred in our history.

That said, Biden's plan is not a vaccine mandate, so it's a moot point.
The Fed’s should just tax the life out of anyone that won’t comply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: September 11, 2021, 04:02:08 PM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: September 11, 2021, 04:08:00 PM »
Big rift on ags last week between the traditional tucks and maga deplorables about the same thing happening at Kyle
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: September 11, 2021, 04:22:49 PM »
The Messiah:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: September 11, 2021, 04:46:40 PM »
Thanks to numerous GOP pushes for Right to Work and the SCOTUS gutting unions those people can enjoy being fired with zero protections. Of course most won’t do it as conservative are snowflakes

So we're done being mad about people not working when they are capable, now capable people are walking out?  FFS i got crap that needs to get done on a time crunch.  I don't want to have to train new employees who are replacing these guys.

The federal government has never issued a vaccine mandate applicable to private citizens generally, and if they did, I'm about 95% certain it would be found unconstitutional. People forget that the federal government cannot exert any power to secure the declared objects of the Constitution unless such power be found in, or can properly be implied from, some express delegation of authority in the Constitution. Protection of the general health, safety, and welfare of citizens (so-called "police powers") has always been the domain of the states. That's why the Supreme Court has upheld state vaccine mandates in the past. To grant general police powers to the federal government would be the greatest transfer of power from the states to the federal government that has ever occurred in our history.

"I take offense"

the commerce cause

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: September 11, 2021, 06:38:17 PM »

"I take offense"

the commerce cause

Don't even get me started on that nonsense. However, the trend since the Rehnquist Court has been more circumspect and less rubber stampy. E.g., U.S. v. Lopez. I still get pissed off every time I think about Wickard v. Filburn.

Biden isn't doing this by executive order. Rather, his office released a "Plan"--basically a slide deck saying he will ask the Secretary of Labor to use his (her?) emergency rulemaking authority under the OSHA enabling statute to bypass the normal notice and comment requirements. So, the way I see the analysis is: (1) Assuming the Secretary of Labor promulgates such a rule, is the rule within the rulemaking authority granted to OSHA by Congress? (2) Is the rulemaking authority granted to OSHA by Congress unconstitutional? (3) Does the emergency regulation issued by the Secretary of Labor nevertheless run afoul of the Administrative Procedure Act?

I read Biden's plan and the entire Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (as amended) so that you don't have to. Obviously, I haven't read the contemplated emergency regulation that the Secretary of Labor has not yet issued, but I assume it will be carefully drafted. I concluded that the answers to the three questions above are Yes, No, and No. The three liberals on the Court will obviously agree with my brilliant analysis. Same with Roberts. So long as one of Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Coney Barrett (in descending order of likelihood) decide to be prudent jurists, the regulation will stand, assuming the case is not moot by the time it reaches SCOTUS. I assume Thomas and Alito are not in play.

All that said, I am personally opposed to the way the Executive Branch has chosen to use an administrative agency as a major policy creation and enforcement arm. Nonetheless, my conclusion is based in part on an observable pattern throughout our history that prudential reasoning tends to take on more constitutional importance during major crises, such as in times of war, or even global pandemics.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: September 12, 2021, 06:18:07 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: September 12, 2021, 09:42:12 PM »
trump's lead counsel always delivers

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: September 13, 2021, 02:29:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1437485001805864962

What a pathetic coward. Also, his face was kind of funny. Does he always look like that or was he just processing the crap this MAGA is saying?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: September 13, 2021, 04:05:02 PM »
DeSantis isn't smart enough to know that is totally wrong. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: September 13, 2021, 07:23:13 PM »
:facepalm: fuckin' idiots.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
MAGA
« Reply #4886 on: September 13, 2021, 07:28:51 PM »
Maskchoice4kids rally in blue valley

https://www.facebook.com/101984218865940/videos/214512590658349/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: September 13, 2021, 09:03:49 PM »
DeSantis isn't smart enough to know that is totally wrong.

he is.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: September 13, 2021, 09:05:43 PM »
He also knows he absolutely needs to keep carrying the anti-vax MAGA vote so he’s got to play along.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: September 14, 2021, 09:59:59 AM »
He also knows he absolutely needs to keep carrying the anti-vax MAGA vote so he’s got to play along.

the maga anti-vax vote is dying like cicadas.  Isn't there a point that pandering to those morons is a losing plan?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4890 on: September 14, 2021, 10:07:14 AM »

the maga anti-vax vote is dying like cicadas.  Isn't there a point that pandering to those morons is a losing plan?

They aren't going to show up to vote if they aren't pandered to, and nobody else is going to vote for him.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: September 14, 2021, 10:12:09 AM »

I understand its all anecdotal, but the quantity of stories where people are losing their kids, spouses, etc to covid and still claiming that the MAGA side is astounding to me.   It's not just Covid either.  I read a story a few weeks ago about a Parkland Shooting survivor who was about to go to college and he was noting that he planned to never see his dad again because his own rough ridin' dad was berating him daily for being a crisis actor and perpetuating the false Parkland story of a school shooting. 

I think MAGA is the closest we will ever get to an actual third party in my life.  If the GOP wasn't already paired with the Christian voting block, I think MAGA may have already split into a party. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: September 14, 2021, 10:34:07 AM »
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-09-13/gop-pushes-unfounded-fraud-claims-before-california-recall

ultimately I think being the whiniest bitches in history will backfire.  Like, how much can you bitch and complain about getting your ass whipped?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: September 14, 2021, 11:08:43 AM »
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-09-13/gop-pushes-unfounded-fraud-claims-before-california-recall

ultimately I think being the whiniest bitches in history will backfire.  Like, how much can you bitch and complain about getting your ass whipped?

Telling your supporters that the recall vote has already failed seems like a bad way to get people to take part in the recall vote.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: September 14, 2021, 09:44:57 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: September 15, 2021, 08:24:14 AM »

Telling your supporters that the recall vote has already failed seems like a bad way to get people to take part in the recall vote.

And here we are.  Newsome won in a laugher

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: September 15, 2021, 10:22:22 AM »
very surprised that magas are interested in paying to get cucked.

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1438158427491115013
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: September 15, 2021, 10:31:40 AM »
the easiest grift targets in history

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: September 15, 2021, 10:38:31 AM »
It can't quite top the $70 million dollar (and counting) Lincoln Project grift, but it is dumb none the less.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: September 15, 2021, 10:49:49 AM »
It can't quite top the $70 million dollar (and counting) Lincoln Project grift, but it is dumb none the less.

I see a difference between fundraising and then misusing the donations (despicable but unfortunately not uncommon) and selling laughably stupid products to water brained magas.  The cucks thing is such a hilarious commentary on what people think of the hardcore maga intelligence.