Author Topic: vegas  (Read 122899 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: vegas
« Reply #525 on: August 02, 2013, 03:40:06 PM »
Looks like I'll do something off here.  Just hooked up the MLife to get that gold status.  Using points for the more expensive Saturday night seems feasible and any number of those places will meet my needs.

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/goldpassport/mlife.html?icamp=hy_hppsa_vegas_na

Aria seems to be a consensus gE pick, but I'll take all input.  Mandalay's pool does look fun.

Next generation of vegasPAK'rs, where you all staying?

You asked for the best pool, I gave you the best pool.  Guess you didn't want the best pool.

Mandalay's on that list.  I won't be mad at you if you expand on your opinion a bit.

There won't be much time between arrival and the gamePAK to do too much (not sure how long it'll take to get that pak head back tattoo outside of Harrah's), so the pool won't be a huge factor then.  Saturday will be the big skin cancer day.  A little on Sunday before 3pm departure.  Basically just comes down to how much better the MB pool is over anything else on the list when weighed vs. the other options that'll probably be better in all other non-pool aspects.

Here's my sources thus far:

http://www.mandalaybay.com/beach/

http://www.arialasvegas.com/pools-spa/pools

http://www.vegastripping.com/battleroyale/aria-citycenter-vs-mandalaybay :lol:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k4669646-Aria_or_Mandalay_Bay-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

http://govegas.about.com/od/lasvegashotels/tp/lvpooltp.htm

Will it be easier for me, The Ed, et al to get a table with kelly as our waitress if we stay at Bellagio?

It will be easier for you to get a table at Hyde if emawgeddon is in Vegas with at least 5 other girls (highly unlikely).  Not sure on the set up though but that might get too crowded if you add in 3 guys to that mix. 

Sometimes you can find deals by paying your concierge $20 to get you a table.  A riskier move is to just show up, walk to the front of the line and try palming a couple few $20's to the door guy, otherwise it looks like bottle service reservation which will be like $150-200/person.

actually, trim gets "special" access for himself and a guest

https://www.mlife.com/pages/tier_benefits_las_vegas.html

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 02, 2013, 03:41:20 PM »
Looks like I'll do something off here.  Just hooked up the MLife to get that gold status.  Using points for the more expensive Saturday night seems feasible and any number of those places will meet my needs.

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content/partnerlandingpage/en/goldpassport/mlife.html?icamp=hy_hppsa_vegas_na

Aria seems to be a consensus gE pick, but I'll take all input.  Mandalay's pool does look fun.

Next generation of vegasPAK'rs, where you all staying?

You asked for the best pool, I gave you the best pool.  Guess you didn't want the best pool.

Mandalay's on that list.  I won't be mad at you if you expand on your opinion a bit.

There won't be much time between arrival and the gamePAK to do too much (not sure how long it'll take to get that pak head back tattoo outside of Harrah's), so the pool won't be a huge factor then.  Saturday will be the big skin cancer day.  A little on Sunday before 3pm departure.  Basically just comes down to how much better the MB pool is over anything else on the list when weighed vs. the other options that'll probably be better in all other non-pool aspects.

Here's my sources thus far:

http://www.mandalaybay.com/beach/

http://www.arialasvegas.com/pools-spa/pools

http://www.vegastripping.com/battleroyale/aria-citycenter-vs-mandalaybay :lol:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k4669646-Aria_or_Mandalay_Bay-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

http://govegas.about.com/od/lasvegashotels/tp/lvpooltp.htm

Will it be easier for me, The Ed, et al to get a table with kelly as our waitress if we stay at Bellagio?

It will be easier for you to get a table at Hyde if emawgeddon is in Vegas with at least 5 other girls (highly unlikely).  Not sure on the set up though but that might get too crowded if you add in 3 guys to that mix. 

Sometimes you can find deals by paying your concierge $20 to get you a table.  A riskier move is to just show up, walk to the front of the line and try palming a couple few $20's to the door guy, otherwise it looks like bottle service reservation which will be like $150-200/person.

actually, trim gets priority access

https://www.mlife.com/pages/tier_benefits_las_vegas.html

:lol:

See ya in a month, Kelly!

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 02, 2013, 03:45:56 PM »
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 02, 2013, 03:57:09 PM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 02, 2013, 04:01:31 PM »
He has a gold Mlife card?  :dubious:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 02, 2013, 04:10:57 PM »

I do now!

I'll buy you a drink when you finally make it inside.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 02, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »

I do now!

:angry:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 02, 2013, 07:01:30 PM »

I do now!

:angry:

mainly lol at kk for ignoring the cc thread  :lol:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 02, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »
We stayed in an Aria two bedroom penthouse sky suite last year and honestly i wasn't as impressed as i thought i would be.  The private lobby was lame.  The bathrooms were amazing, the rest of the room was okay, it seemed really cramped even though it was 2000 sq ft.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 02, 2013, 07:11:17 PM »
We stayed in an Aria two bedroom penthouse sky suite last year and honestly i wasn't as impressed as i thought i would be.  The private lobby was lame.  The bathrooms were amazing, the rest of the room was okay, it seemed really cramped even though it was 2000 sq ft.

what was lame about it?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 02, 2013, 07:20:57 PM »

what was lame about it?

it was small, orange, and there wasn't very much activity.  Also, the first night i was there after returning to the hotel at 3AM'ish and completely rough ridin' hammered i swear to god it took me 30 minutes to find the skysuite lobby b/c its sectored off and the entrance doesn't stick out at all.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 02, 2013, 07:25:37 PM »

what was lame about it?

it was small, orange, and there wasn't very much activity.  Also, the first night i was there after returning to the hotel at 3AM'ish and completely rough ridin' hammered i swear to god it took me 30 minutes to find the skysuite lobby b/c its sectored off and the entrance doesn't stick out at all.

yeah, I've been there. still worth it though imo. where would you say was a better option?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 02, 2013, 07:28:06 PM »

what was lame about it?

yeah, I've been there. still worth it though imo. where would you say was a better option?

no idea.  Cosmo?  haven't been there but looks awesome.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 02, 2013, 07:28:59 PM »

what was lame about it?

no idea.  Cosmo?  haven't been there but looks awesome.

It is awesome. You should stay there next time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: August 03, 2013, 09:42:38 PM »
Alright, pretty satisfied with how I've got this set up now.

I'll head out Thursday so that I won't be scrambling for Friday night gamepak, and will have most of Thursday to relax at the pool.  Went with THEhotel given the season and primary plans to poolpak.  First booked the Saturday night that was 2-3 times as expensive as all the other nights with Hyatt points.  The 22,000 didn't similarly increase for the Saturday night vs. other nights.  Then after trying a few different ways that you'd think wouldn't matter, got the cheapest rate booking Thursday and Friday nights through MLife.  So I've got the first 2 nights there for a total of $304, and then Saturday night for 22K Hyatt points.

I'll be giving my Southwest and Hyatt program info at checkin and getting points to both of those for the stay.  No bonus Hyatt credit card points for staying at a somewhat-Hyatt-but-really-MLife-hotel so using Sapphire to pay for that.

Will also get my MLife Gold card upon getting to MB and showing my Hyatt platinum card, and that should help with things during the trip.

Only thing I let myself down on is that at the outset of working on this tonight, changing my Friday flight to Thursday would've got me a $90 credit back.  After however long it took me messing with all that, the Thursday flight had gone up so I only got a $45 credit back.

If there's still pak'n to be done come noon on Sunday, so be it, I'll change flights and get another room and go back Monday.  Going home after 3 nights there and having a day to recuperate sounds good, tho.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
vegas
« Reply #541 on: August 03, 2013, 10:11:09 PM »
That's some great travel planning right there trim. Congrats.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 03, 2013, 10:21:40 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 20, 2013, 04:07:11 PM »
Official MLife Gold confirmed today (I'm too far behind in the cc thread to post in there and lose my place).

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 20, 2013, 04:18:54 PM »
'grats, trim. whats the status on kelly showing you, sabi, and i the town?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 20, 2013, 08:55:06 PM »

I think she has to now.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 21, 2013, 11:18:45 AM »

I think she has to now.

:woot:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 21, 2013, 11:50:51 AM »

I think she has to now.

Maybe @TrimGoPowercat will start tweeting her about a hookup.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 21, 2013, 12:23:51 PM »

I think she has to now.

:popcorn:
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 21, 2013, 12:39:41 PM »

I think she has to now.

:popcorn:

I suspect it'd be counterproductive.