Author Topic: vegas  (Read 123075 times)

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
Re: vegas
« Reply #625 on: March 03, 2014, 10:46:54 AM »
There are 4 different conference tourneys (WCC, WAC, MWC, PAC12) happening in Vegas the week I am there.   :gocho:

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 03, 2014, 10:48:55 AM »
Last year my buds and I picked the unders for a lot of random games.  It was a complete blast getting irrationally excited for missed layups.  Will probably do it again this year, #TeamNoBuckets.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 03, 2014, 10:50:20 AM »
There are 4 different conference tourneys (WCC, WAC, MWC, PAC12) happening in Vegas the week I am there.   :gocho:

Nice! Will you go to any games?
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #628 on: March 03, 2014, 11:28:04 AM »
if you can swing it, go to the Mountain West championship game at Thomas & Mack (great atmosphere); and Pac-12 tourney (any day) at MGM Grand. Both are great events with good crowds. MGM venue is excellent for hoops watching IMO.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 03, 2014, 11:30:16 AM »
rake, have you ever had Yayo Tacos just east of UNLV?  Any good?

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #630 on: March 03, 2014, 11:32:50 AM »
rake, have you ever had Yayo Tacos just east of UNLV?  Any good?

i've been to a few places in that strip mall area that's close by, and sort of think i've been there. but it's closed.

tacos el gordo on the strip is pretty good.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 03, 2014, 11:35:23 AM »
ill be down there the week of the NCAA tourney. probably going to see blue man group and maybe Britney. gonna spend a day at the hoover dam, too. probably wont do much gambling. has anyone ever been to the pawn stars place? might have to stop by for an hour or two.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #632 on: March 03, 2014, 11:37:51 AM »
ill be down there the week of the NCAA tourney. probably going to see blue man group and maybe Britney. gonna spend a day at the hoover dam, too. probably wont do much gambling. has anyone ever been to the pawn stars place? might have to stop by for an hour or two.

go to pawn star place only if you're one of those people that likes to go to places just so you can tell others you've been there. as for hoover dam, only go if you're one of those people that likes to go to places just so you can tell others you've been there.

(pawn stars: they don't have much of the good stuff out; have fun looking at dumb memorabilia and small-timey fossils and stupid handguns)
(hoover dam: it's a gigantic dam and seeing it is not worth the opportunity cost of missing fun vegas time)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 03, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
Last year my buds and I picked the unders for a lot of random games.  It was a complete blast getting irrationally excited for missed layups.  Will probably do it again this year, #TeamNoBuckets.

#TeamNoBuckets sounds like a fun time.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 03, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »

You'd see this for sale at the same places you'd get pawn stars and hoover dam tickets, but you could probably get a gE platinum discount if you directly contacted The Ed.

http://vegasfighttour.com/

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 03, 2014, 12:59:32 PM »

#TeamNoBuckets sounds like a fun time.

Confirmed.  Would recommend

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 04, 2014, 07:39:30 PM »
Anyone else going to be there for the first weekend of the tourney?

Yes.  SD  :tongue:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 06, 2014, 09:16:25 AM »
Flying out to vegas at 2pm today, bachelor party  :driving: :driving: :driving: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:.

My buddy is a pretty big gambler and got our rooms comped at the flamingo. I gave him a giant high five followed by a chest bump and then he dropped this line "Yeah, I've been talking with kelly as well and she may be able to hook us up with a table"

Doubt it happens but whatever, #1cat either way.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 06, 2014, 09:25:31 AM »

go to pawn star place only if you're one of those people that likes to go to places just so you can tell others you've been there. as for hoover dam, only go if you're one of those people that likes to go to places just so you can tell others you've been there.

(pawn stars: they don't have much of the good stuff out; have fun looking at dumb memorabilia and small-timey fossils and stupid handguns)
(hoover dam: it's a gigantic dam and seeing it is not worth the opportunity cost of missing fun vegas time)

when you fly into LAS from DFW you get a great view of the dam out the right side of the plane, especially at night.  so now that I've done that and seen the dam from 15,000 feet I don't ever have to go take the tour.  #thanksAA
emaw

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 06, 2014, 09:31:34 AM »
Flying out to vegas at 2pm today, bachelor party  :driving: :driving: :driving: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:.

My buddy is a pretty big gambler and got our rooms comped at the flamingo. I gave him a giant high five followed by a chest bump and then he dropped this line "Yeah, I've been talking with kelly as well and she may be able to hook us up with a table"

yes, #1cat, that sounds fun

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 06, 2014, 09:33:35 AM »
me and one of my bros are getting married within 2 weeks of each other this summer, so flying out to do a combined bachelor party april 24-27.  staying at the D downtown first night then 2 nights at the mirage.  never stayed either place.  got 12 bros just broing out so should be a real brofest.
emaw

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 06, 2014, 02:53:40 PM »

What are the chances you'll still be there by the time I get there on the 20th?  We could have a pretty great goE encounter in our future if you will be.

Offline daBish7

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 06, 2014, 03:13:58 PM »
me and one of my bros are getting married within 2 weeks of each other this summer, so flying out to do a combined bachelor party april 24-27.  staying at the D downtown first night then 2 nights at the mirage.  never stayed either place.  got 12 bros just broing out so should be a real brofest.

Stayed at the D last year. They claim to have the longest bar in Vegas which is good if you like to pretend to gamble and drink for free. Also have girls dancing on the table games. Very different from the rest of downtown.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 06, 2014, 05:33:57 PM »

What are the chances you'll still be there by the time I get there on the 20th?  We could have a pretty great goE encounter in our future if you will be.

Negative, leaving on the red eye sunday morning

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 06, 2014, 07:34:49 PM »
At Excalibur now and crazy old dumbass talking to himself and repeatedly trying to coach up Tony Parker.  Keeps telling Tony that he has coached this game for 40yrs.  Not sure if I am convinced of that since his primary advice is for Tony to constantly pass the ball, then he turns to another tv and tells LSU that they don't know basketball.

While typing this, he turned to an empty chair and told it that "Parker is getting rough ridin' cocky and I don't like it".

Also, I bet on Sparty over Iowa.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 06, 2014, 07:45:50 PM »
Excalibur is the creepiest

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 06, 2014, 07:46:39 PM »
"We got numbers"

Parker and ginobli (sp) against three El Heat players on D on a break.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 06, 2014, 07:47:08 PM »
Excalibur is the creepiest

Confirmed.  Sucks balls.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 06, 2014, 07:49:26 PM »
To empty chair: "I am married to the cash register.  I don't give a crap about any team."

"Name a coach or player and I will tell you where they went to school, who their gf is, what they had for breakfast......this is what I do....this is what I do....I rough ridin' gamble on sports!"

The empty chair seems impressed.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 06, 2014, 07:50:22 PM »
"I am a coach...when you are up by four, eat the cookie monster...walk it up. "