Author Topic: LHC Bill Snyder  (Read 6896 times)

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
LHC Bill Snyder
« on: December 12, 2018, 08:47:18 AM »
Bill has gone from acting like a child, to being pretty cool about this whole thing. Listening to him speak at the Football and Band Banquets, his attitude was both positive and reflective.

Makes me wonder if Bill is open to being an asset to the Football program. (Visiting with requits, calling HS coaches to maintain relationships and bridge ties to Klieman, and just being Bill)

So keep Sean?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: LHC Bill Snyder
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 08:48:18 AM »
Best thing for Sean and for the program IMO is for him to go to chapel hill
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 11:53:52 AM »
Bill has gone from acting like a child, to being pretty cool about this whole thing. Listening to him speak at the Football and Band Banquets, his attitude was both positive and reflective.

Makes me wonder if Bill is open to being an asset to the Football program. (Visiting with requits, calling HS coaches to maintain relationships and bridge ties to Klieman, and just being Bill)

So keep Sean?

He's retired. He needs to act like it and let the new coach do things his own way. Get out of the way and stay that way unless asked/requested.

As for Sean, if he's willing to re-dedicate himself to making our special teams as special as they had been and will swear that he'll be completely loyal to the new coach, the staff, the players and the AD, then he can stay. Any doubt, he's gone.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »
Bill sitting in the front row at the presser

So is Sharron and Sean

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC Bill Snyder
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 12:14:08 PM »
ADGT just thanked Bill for his help in the search and the camera panned to Bill with the biggest "Go F-yourself" look I have ever seen.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 12:19:25 PM »
Good lord this whole presser has been paying homage to Bill.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 12:56:39 PM »

$3m* >>>> homage

*for having his ASS CANNED

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 01:04:51 PM »
Bill needs to ask himself what he can do to "help" the University.
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 01:45:05 PM »

So keep Sean?

amazing what $3 million can do to a guy's attitude

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 01:50:56 PM »

So keep Sean?

might be worth it if it means keeping the borders locked down.......not really interested in sharing what little talent we have in our state (i hate OU for poaching, when they don't need to)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »

$3m* >>>> homage

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 02:56:24 PM »

$3m* >>>> homage

Interesting point. Why did we choose to pay $3m to a guy who voluntarily retired? It really does make me wonder if Gene fired him and then they both agreed to play this off like a retirement.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 05:01:14 PM »

So keep Sean?

might be worth it if it means keeping the borders locked down.......not really interested in sharing what little talent we have in our state (i hate OU for poaching, when they don't need to)

did you just become a k-state fan or follow recruiting?  when's the last time we had the state locked down?  any good recruit is gtfo of kansas.  and more lol at the OU comment

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 05:25:23 PM »

So keep Sean?

This

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 06:23:49 PM »
Bill would eff his dead mother for a dollar.

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 06:39:18 PM »

So keep Sean?

Not going tuck here, but other than fully unsubstantiated rumors that have floated around, what facts do anyone have that indicate Bill was a hindrance or acting like a child at any point in this process?  Of course we all sat on pins and needles for a couple of days waiting for a decision, but people act like Bill strung this entire program on for months, tried to force his son onto new coaching hires, did irreparable damage to the institution, etc.  There is zero evidence whatsoever that any of this occurred.  As far as the money thing, we'll probably never really know the entirety of the situation that went down behind closed doors.  What I do know with almost 99% certainty is that none of the people upset with him about it would have pushed the envelope back across the table to Gene were they in his shoes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 09:24:50 PM »
Good post bananaeater. It's just message boarders treating message board speculation as fact, it isn't a big deal. Reasonable people believe all sorts of unreasonable, irrational crap.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 09:40:56 PM »
The delay in making it public his ass had been canned was just to try to get everyone to a point where it could be made to look alright.  The delay obviously was no hindrance to Gene hiring eff head.

Nobody is saying Bill shouldn't have insisted on his buyout money.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 09:43:15 PM »
It was nine days, dude. His name is on the stadium and the highway. Stop acting like it was an easy job to do to force him out. Jesus.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »

Yeah, this is the stupid post that precipitated that rant in the other thread. The dude that posted this is almost certainly someone making an hourly wage with no investments and no will for his three kids, yet he's mocking Bill for using his 50 years of coaching to set up his kids and grandkids.

Basic ass bitch.

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 10:50:37 PM »

Yeah, this is the stupid post that precipitated that rant in the other thread. The dude that posted this is almost certainly someone making an hourly wage with no investments and no will for his three kids, yet he's mocking Bill for using his 50 years of coaching to set up his kids and grandkids.

Basic ass bitch.

:bwpopcorn:
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2018, 11:05:30 PM »

Basic ass bitch.
:thumbs:

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2018, 07:56:13 AM »

Basic ass bitch.

I'm fairly certain I missed something.

Link?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2018, 04:05:07 PM »
Seems like a good guy. Crazy that Gene through him out on his ass.

https://www.wibw.com/content/news/berard-502601281.html

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2018, 04:14:23 PM »
Seems like a good guy. Crazy that Gene through him out on his ass.

https://www.wibw.com/content/news/berard-502601281.html

Sounds like an NCAA violation
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best