Author Topic: Which other schools  (Read 6096 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Which other schools
« on: December 11, 2018, 11:17:06 AM »
... have to eat our collective ass with respect to being the one that could finally pull this guy away from north dakota and the $300k/year high life he was living?

After seeing the info promulgated by kstatesports, I can only assume that we had to beat off multiple suitors this year and that eff head rejected many in years past.  It probably wasn't our money that got him as I read he's lowest paid in our low-medium power 5 conference, so I'm guessing it came down to the PEOPLE, specifically being in gene's grandfather'd friends and family plan.

Who else tried and failed to procure the services of this missouri valley icon only for gene to swoop in and bring him into the family?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Which other schools
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 11:25:11 AM »
That’s the best part! We had our pick of the litter on this one.

No other P5 was pursuing any of the coaching candidates we were looking at.  No other P5 position was even open.

LRWCTP!

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 11:31:10 AM »
How do you have the pick of the litter when pud UNT guy walked away and your own  son BV turned you down?

You idiots wont know what hit you until Kliemans crew is running the ball down the throats of poor Big12 defenses in clock melting fashion.  Itll be epic. Meanwhile shitty memphis, unt and troy struggle to win 5 games.
titletown..lulz

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 11:32:46 AM »
Dakotans, what other schools did you have to fend off from taking your boy before he got the EMAW offer he couldn't refuse?

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 11:36:58 AM »
Dakotans, what other schools did you have to fend off from taking your boy before he got the EMAW offer he couldn't refuse?
Why would you leave NDSU to join g5...maybe fail..and leave job security. Ill never know who called.

If pud toledo or wmu, emu etc called...CK likely said thanks but no thanks.

He'll have a higher chance to succeed with kstate recruits vs those who choose fcs schools over their mac offer
titletown..lulz

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »
It’s well publicized that CK only wanted to coach for a land grant university.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 12:05:22 PM »
How do you have the pick of the litter when pud UNT guy walked away and your own  son BV turned you down?

You idiots wont know what hit you until Kliemans crew is running the ball down the throats of poor Big12 defenses in clock melting fashion.  Itll be epic. Meanwhile shitty memphis, unt and troy struggle to win 5 games.

Ooh, running AND chewing clock? This will be new and will be something we've never experienced.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 12:08:30 PM »

Ooh, running AND chewing clock? This will be new and will be something we've never experienced.
Gonna be awesome. 
titletown..lulz

Offline KatKing54

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 12:34:20 PM »

Gonna be awesome.

Until the Air raid scores in <1 min....  It can work, we have seen it in 2011 and 2012.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 12:40:58 PM »
CAN'T WAIT TO RUN AND CHEW CLOCK AND WIN TIME OF POSSESSION AND HAVE DISCIPLINE AND FUNDAMENTALS AND NOT RECRUIT ANYBODY HOW EXCITING

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 01:24:57 PM »
CAN'T WAIT TO RUN AND CHEW CLOCK AND WIN TIME OF POSSESSION AND HAVE DISCIPLINE AND FUNDAMENTALS AND NOT RECRUIT ANYBODY HOW EXCITING
Listen penis wrinkle

Youre wrong about everything that youve ever spewed since Thursday.

A slow it down offense is what the D needs to catch their breath vs the crap air raid. You  cant score too quick after ou scores in 45 seconds because the d is already tired

Beat them up by running it down their throats and extending drives.

Then ou trips up because the air raid sucks and you capitalize.

Its why puds like baylor...tech..Memphis...never win. Especially without heisman qbs. 8 win max every season
titletown..lulz

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 01:25:56 PM »
... have to eat our collective ass with respect to being the one that could finally pull this guy away from north dakota and the $300k/year high life he was living?

After seeing the info promulgated by kstatesports, I can only assume that we had to beat off multiple suitors this year and that eff head rejected many in years past.  It probably wasn't our money that got him as I read he's lowest paid in our low-medium power 5 conference, so I'm guessing it came down to the PEOPLE, specifically being in gene's grandfather'd friends and family plan.

Who else tried and failed to procure the services of this missouri valley icon only for gene to swoop in and bring him into the family?

who did we have to fight off for Frank Martin?

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 01:29:46 PM »
Listen penis wrinkle

A slow it down offense is what the D needs to catch their breath vs the crap air raid. You  cant score too quick after ou scores in 45 seconds because the d is already tired

Its why puds like baylor...tech..Memphis...never win. Especially without heisman qbs. 8 win max every season

I tend to agree with this. OU loses 4 or more games this year wo Kyler Murray.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 01:32:32 PM »
this lollipop character is starting to grow on me

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 01:39:24 PM »
this lollipop character is starting to grow on me

I’m not sure what he means by Air Raid but I’m pretty certain OU isn’t running whatever that is.  Has a pretty decent working knowledge of what we can expect from Klieman so that’s nice.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 01:42:26 PM »
The minor league thread worked really well while the royals were good, can we contain these bison into wacky's world or some lower division (fcs) football thread until they learn how to bbs? I know not everyone can be cdub but these dudes aren't ready for d1 bbs'n at all.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2018, 01:54:03 PM »
Listen penis wrinkle

Do you have to constantly count down the play clock when you're watching a game at the Fargo Expo Center and Convention Hall?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2018, 02:03:10 PM »

IIRC, Oregon, Depaul, (in Frank's mind) Miami, South Carolina, ?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 02:04:11 PM »

lol I'm talking about when we hired him. none of those folks were considering him then.

Offline lakesbison

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • BisoNation
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 02:07:33 PM »
Listen penis wrinkle

Do you have to constantly count down the play clock when you're watching a game at the Fargo Expo Center and Convention Hall?

HERE"S A PREVIEW FOR YOU 33   (probably not your waist size)

If you don't like WINNING, then we cant help you..  Klieman turned down every offer to interview at a G5 School. Waited for P5

NDSU 18 plays, 8:58 drive to beat lil ol Kansas State https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMvobbZlGCI

www.BisoNation.com   7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0  (cuz wyoming is 2.0)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 02:17:35 PM »

lol I'm talking about when we hired him. none of those folks were considering him then.

Gotcha.  Probably nobody with as quick as it went down and that he was already there.  It would've been smart of another school to see if they could grab him, presuming of course he'd come with our GRCOAT.  I hated that we had no choice but to hire him in that situation, while recognizing it was the correct move.

I suppose you could say we had to fight off WV and Huggs for him (and our GRCOAT).

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2018, 02:29:33 PM »
Listen penis wrinkle

HERE"S A PREVIEW FOR YOU 33   (probably not your waist size)

If you don't like WINNING, then we cant help you..  Klieman turned down every offer to interview at a G5 School. Waited for P5

NDSU 18 plays, 8:58 drive to beat lil ol Kansas State https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMvobbZlGCI

Yeah but do you have to countdown the play clock?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 02:35:07 PM »
FWIW, that was a Bohl team

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 02:37:16 PM »
I'm sure those Minnesotans are getting mighty tired of their mediocre Row the Boat results ever since they passed up the Kli.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2018, 02:37:23 PM »
Listen penis wrinkle

This guy gets it.