Author Topic: FreeCreditScore.com Band Search  (Read 1375 times)

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
FreeCreditScore.com Band Search
« on: May 29, 2010, 01:52:55 AM »
So apparently freecreditscore.com has dropped the and is looking for a new band. Personally, I think it was the right decision and hope they do well at their future jingle-making jobs. So far the two entries for new band have sucked though.

Now I know we do have a lot of amateur musicians on here... anybody up for making a full free credit score orchestra?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 01:54:52 AM by waks »

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: FreeCreditScore.com Band Search
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 09:59:18 AM »
2 different sites, dude.  the band that's in the commercials on tv is for freecreditreport.com

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 10:03:33 AM »
So apparently freecreditscore.com has dropped the and is looking for a new band. Personally, I think it was the right decision and hope they do well at their future jingle-making jobs. So far the two entries for new band have sucked though.

Now I know we do have a lot of amateur musicians on here... anybody up for making a full free credit score orchestra?

I can play the guitar and the saxophone.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 10:20:25 AM »
Use www.annualcreditreport.com

It's free, by law, and has no strings attached.  Once per year from each bureau.  It doesn't need a jingle to do the job it's supposed to do.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »

It's free, by law, and has no strings attached.  Once per year from each bureau.  It doesn't need a jingle to do the job it's supposed to do.

Thanks Jeffy.  How closely do you need to monitor these things though if you always pay in cash?

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 06:49:05 AM »

Thanks Jeffy.  How closely do you need to monitor these things though if you always pay in cash?

SSN's can still be stolen and credit cards, loans, etc can be opened in a person's name even if they only use cash.  Always good to monitor it no matter what.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 04:31:24 PM »
2 different sites, dude.  the band that's in the commercials on tv is for freecreditreport.com

Pretty sure it's the same site. If you click the second link, you'll come to the same conclusion.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 11:10:11 PM »

SSN's can still be stolen and credit cards, loans, etc can be opened in a person's name even if they only use cash.  Always good to monitor it no matter what.

Not to mention, someone else's debt can be keyed in wrong and be misattributed to you.

Debit cards still have numbers, so they can be swiped.

Once a person has their identity stolen, as I have, things like this reach a different level of attention.  I still check it once per year on me, on my wife, and soon my kids. 

If you have had a family member pass awayrecently, it's a good idea to run a check on them as well.