Author Topic: Bill retiring etc  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bill retiring etc
« on: November 28, 2018, 06:35:11 PM »
It’s obvious to nearly everybody that now is the time and if it wasn’t obvious to bill before the Iowa state game then it should have been after the game. If he tries to weasel another season or makes us fire him or pay some kind of large buyout when he should just retire and ride off into the sunset I will forever have a stained version of him in my head. I mean he has a highway and the god damn stadium named after him. We’re whole, bill. Thanks and we’ll see you around town.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Bill retiring etc
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 06:41:25 PM »
He'll def make us pay him the $3m (over 3 years), and I don't know if I blame him for that.  That was Gene/Myers' stupid decision to enter into that contract despite having all the leverage in the world.  If that's all this is, both sides simply need to be straight with each other and CTC (shout to 'Sheed).

If he wants to keep coaching or is holding out for something else that's untenable, Gene/Myers need to can his ass, but I don't think they will.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bill retiring etc
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 07:24:20 PM »
If Bill is really still interested in coaching, I think he’d really be able to shine by taking over a team in much better shape than ours. TTU could be a good challenge. Best of luck Bill!