Author Topic: It's time  (Read 19041 times)

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
Re: It's time
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2018, 11:14:58 AM »
so it boils down to this:

-if Bill says he wants to stay, does Gene have what it takes to tell him "that is not an option at this point"
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2018, 11:17:45 AM »
If Bill wants to stay, they are going to let him stay.   :th_twocents:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2018, 11:24:29 AM »
If Bill wants to stay, they are going to let him stay.   :th_twocents:
this is where it gets tricky.......Gene knows that this moment is a reflection on him, it's his baby now........if Bill tanks, along with ticket revenue, then he looks bad........in other words, does he listen to the donors or the coach........Bill has held this program hostage long enough..........are you Gene, or MEAN GENE !
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2018, 11:38:05 AM »
Mean Gene says a decision will be made by the end of the week, maybe even Wednesday.   :billdance:

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article222224060.html
trying not to overthink this........if he was staying, why wouldn't Gene have said so by now? ........Bill ask for a few days to "take care of some things" ........i read that as, he wants to inform people close to him and get out in front of this before the media leaks.........we should have a change by Friday  :runaway:

For now, though, Taylor is leaving the choice to his Hall of Fame coach, who has won 215 games, been to 19 bowls, claimed two conference championships and turned a once-moribund program into a consistent winner since arriving at K-State in 1989.

“He deserves a lot of leeway in this decision, based on what he has done and what he means to the program,” Taylor said. “At the end of the day, it is myself and president (Richard) Myers (making the decision). We need to decide what is best for our football program. If it is him staying, then great. If it’s not, then we will have to work through that. But he gets a lot of leeway. I think people lose sight of that and forget what all he does. Right, wrong or indifferent, even if people disagree with it, I think he deserves a lot of leeway in this process.

I basically read that as we are giving him the chance to do the right thing, but if we decide that enough boosters have called then we will force his hand.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2018, 12:00:35 PM »
I know there were multiple factors in Currie leaving, but certainly one was, he could not control Bill in almost every capacity........to the point that he felt he had a coach that was unfireable.......which makes AD's real uncomfortable

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2018, 12:12:09 PM »
In that article at least, Gene walks the line as well as he can. He doesn’t say that firing Bill is out of the question, but he says he’s earned a lot of leeway. Personally I think Gene’s gonna go with whatever Bill says this week, but if Bill is coming back, I’d expect Gene to say if we’re not at 5 wins by November next year, I’m announcing your retirement for you.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2018, 12:19:37 PM »
In that article at least, Gene walks the line as well as he can. He doesn’t say that firing Bill is out of the question, but he says he’s earned a lot of leeway. Personally, I think Gene’s gonna go with whatever Bill says this week, but if Bill is coming back, I’d expect Gene to say if we’re not at 5 wins by November next year, I’m announcing your retirement for you.
under this scenario, Gene would have to be comfortable with the downside of letting your biggest revenue sport fall below the poverty line.........if I were in Gene's position, there is no way I let that prospect happen on my watch

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2018, 12:29:10 PM »
People talking about Gene as if this isn’t his last gig before retiring are adorable. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2018, 12:35:09 PM »
yeah gene doesn't care how this looks.  he's collecting his key west money now.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2018, 12:40:06 PM »
so it boils down to this:

-if Bill says he wants to stay, does Gene have what it takes to tell him "that is not an option at this point"

I personally think Gene and Meyers would have no problem canning Snyder, based on my interaction at the Alumni Association happy hour in Charlotte before the NCAA tournament this year where Gene came off as a total redass and Myers came off as a casual murderer of Arabs.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2018, 02:22:28 PM »
Turn it to 810. BITB is bringing Kurtz on soon and leading with Snyder. Clamoring for Leavitt.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 03:05:13 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2018, 02:43:35 PM »
Turn it to 810. BITB is bring Kurtz on soon and leading with Snyder. Clamoring for Leavitt.

I turned it on just in time to hear the beverage guy talk about how he doesn't really have an opinion one way or the other. Literally, they had a guy call in who delivered soda to Vanier, and they took his call and asked his opinion.

Uhg... next caller said call Bob Stoops but not Venables because Venables "may not know how to do more with less".

I'm out. Done with that worthless radio program.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2018, 03:03:11 PM »
I don't listen a lot but KK's callers have always been the absolute worst.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2018, 03:29:00 PM »
Bob really did more with less at have not OU

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2018, 03:30:49 PM »
I don't listen a lot but KK's callers have always been the absolute worst.
I'm convinced they're his buddies.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2018, 04:25:33 PM »
Can his ass right now.  He lost to iowa state and I see that coincidentally haverhill is posting here again.

Offline ballboy55

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2018, 04:40:02 PM »
Gene will end up hiring Ron Prince, who will come to his job interview with an even bigger binder this time and even better plans. Then 4 years later, Snyder will come back to calm the waters. Then 10 years later, Prince will come back when the water gets choppy again. This trend will continue with the alternating of Snyder and Prince…and 30 years down the road, when Snyder is rocking out at 109, he’ll still be too stubborn to wear a coat in the first half of a frigid game day.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2018, 04:43:40 PM »
Gene will end up hiring Ron Prince, who will come to his job interview with an even bigger binder this time and even better plans. Then 4 years later, Snyder will come back to calm the waters. Then 10 years later, Prince will come back when the water gets choppy again. This trend will continue with the alternating of Snyder and Prince…and 30 years down the road, when Snyder is rocking out at 109, he’ll still be too stubborn to wear a coat in the first half of a frigid game day.

I'm so out of the loop, no idea Ronald had been the Lions LB coach for 4 years
https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/3/6/17083764/insider-firing-ron-prince-will-be-the-biggest-reason-for-lions-rushing-turnaround

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2018, 07:22:56 PM »

I'm so out of the loop, no idea Ronald had been the Lions LB coach for 4 years
https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/3/6/17083764/insider-firing-ron-prince-will-be-the-biggest-reason-for-lions-rushing-turnaround

I mean, he wasn't the LB coach. But that's a pretty LOL article.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »
Announcement tomorrow

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile