Author Topic: It's time  (Read 18641 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: It's time
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2018, 01:51:03 PM »
Meh if he doesn't leave quick just keep him and we'll end up with basically the same batch of mediocre candidates we'd fight for this year.
If the choice was keep Bill or hire some no-name dope, I'd rather keep Bill.

screw that, i want the coaching search.  and the upside to hiring a no-name dope is that more than likely we end up with another coaching search in a few years.  two for one!!

Fair point

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2018, 01:51:38 PM »
241 is nice

Offline emawbin

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2018, 01:56:06 PM »
It's simple right? Cut off the head. The powercat is such a great metaphor for the head that should be gone, although I can't help but feel we've got a Hydra on our hands. A Snyder Hydra. Cut one head off two more follow. Been a while since I posted so Emaw and such

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2018, 01:58:19 PM »
It's simple right? Cut off the head. The powercat is such a great metaphor for the head that should be gone, although I can't help but feel we've got a Hydra on our hands. A Snyder Hydra. Cut one head off two more follow. Been a while since I posted so Emaw and such

WISE sixth post. :users:

Doesn't matter anyway, because I just got a call from someone very ITK who told me that regardless of whether or not Snyder's here next year, we're downplaying the powercat and modifying the helmets to feature this badboy.

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2018, 02:05:06 PM »

Meh if he doesn't leave quick just keep him and we'll end up with basically the same batch of mediocre candidates we'd fight for this year.
If the choice was keep Bill or hire some no-name dope, I'd rather keep Bill.

BV is the only non-no-name dope we'd choose from imo. And he's not a "sure thing".

I don't need a sure-thing, just a not a no-name dope who's never accomplished anything.

I personally consider the UNT guy a dope.  I mean he's never beaten a single great team or even good team yet.
Like Les Miles?

I think he was great hire for KU.
Was a good case for firing a coach early

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2018, 03:11:09 PM »

WISE sixth post. :users:

Doesn't matter anyway, because I just got a call from someone very ITK who told me that regardless of whether or not Snyder's here next year, we're downplaying the powercat and modifying the helmets to feature this badboy.

Powercat to Pacmancat?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2018, 03:48:49 PM »
I could see a helmet designed like that  :ksu:

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2018, 08:06:27 PM »
Yesterday marked the 30th anniversary of us hiring LHC Bill Snyder.
November 24, 1988.

Yesterday marked the 10 anniversary of us hiring LHC Bill Snyder the second time.
November 24, 2008.

Wow. 

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2018, 08:29:20 PM »
And now November 24 will always be remembered as the date LHC Bill Snyder lost to Iowa State.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2018, 08:45:32 PM »
Yesterday marked the 30th anniversary of us hiring LHC LHC Bill Snyder.
November 24, 1988.

Yesterday marked the 10 anniversary of us hiring LHC LHC Bill Snyder the second time.
November 24, 2008.

Wow.

Ronald Reagan was still president when Snyder was hired the first time.
Holy hell.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2018, 09:06:31 PM »
Yesterday marked the 30th anniversary of us hiring LHC LHC Bill Snyder.
November 24, 1988.

Yesterday marked the 10 anniversary of us hiring LHC LHC Bill Snyder the second time.
November 24, 2008.

Wow.

Ronald Reagan was still president when Snyder was hired the first time.
Holy hell.

So basically nothing’s changed
emaw

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2018, 07:54:23 PM »
Hating the Powercat is such a predictable gE thing.

100% accurate

We're really only talking about skin ben here and we know he's particular, it's his thing, it's all good

I mean another poster brought it up in the first place :dunno:

It's a fine logo. Weird, but fine. Extremely 90's, though, and the name "Powercat" is extremely lol. As I mentioned earlier, it barely registers on the list of things I care about fixing. I do know that one of my buds who grew up in Manhattan and went to college at Kats U. thought for decades that the ear of the powercat was its eye. You have to admit that it's pretty confusing from a graphic design standpoint...to wit:
--previous ear/eye anecdote
--the fact that almost no one can draw it
--when tucks paint it on their garage without a stencil, it looks like crap 100% of the time
--sometimes people broadcasting our games use backwards powercats, which is super lol
--also when they made the field that we had at BSFS from like 2002-2009, the middle swoopy stripe on the midfield powercat was way thinner than its counterpart on our helmets.

Also, @WonderMeal can tell you a story about his buds in New York and their reaction to it.

Mainly for me it's like, if we keep it, fine. If we change it, that'd be cool too because it would help our fanbase psychologically cut the head off, which we absolutely need. At minimum a uniform change would jazz it up and make it less 90s-y.

SkinnyBenny that eye/ear story really resonates with me. In 7th grade it hit me like a ton of bricks all of a sudden what I was looking at (for me it was the eye/mouth). That being said, I personally like the logo but open to change.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2018, 07:55:39 PM »
Commitment...
Coach, you signed on and committed to K-State when many would not. You stayed, after achieving success, when many would have chased other jobs and more $. You retired, came back and committed, yet again. You raised school, players, coaches and community to a new standard and expectation for success, doing things the right way. You have more than delivered on your commitment to university and people that gave you the job. Last year, university determined in best interests to make a commitment to you for another five years. I believe people should honor their comittments, learning from you. I encourage you to stay, asking KSU leaders to honor their words and contract terms. You go on your terms. If they do not and choose to release you, I will be very disappointed in my university, current leaders and influencers. Thanks Coach, for your strong convictions, commitment and contributions. Class of 1974.

Wendy Williams Mottas:  Completely disagree. He needs to go and it needs to be announced this week so we can get in on prime picks for a younger, different view of our program. We should be winning championships, not accepting mediocrity

Tuck gonna tuck; oh wait, their opinions are like of GE.   :ROFL:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 08:03:20 PM by Katdaddy »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2018, 08:02:44 PM »
My dad was in that class and they sure as crap don’t speak for him
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2018, 08:45:36 PM »
More replies by the WILDCAT TUCKS:

Why do people act like there is anything more important than winning? Nothing is more important at Alabama, USC, Ohio State and that may be why they are in the hunt for a championship most years. Yeah we’re not them but that doesn’t mean we should accept mediocrity and as of late worse.
19 Comments
Comment
Comments
View 17 more comments
Billie Bob
Billie Bob Winning is what people do every day,you apply for a job with five others & you see who wins,do you play a game of cards to lose if you do don’t ever go to Vegas you my friend will be walking home.
Manage
Like · Reply · 3h
Nick Fuemmeler
Nick Fuemmeler Vince Lombardi said "Winning isn't everything, its the only thing." But he went on to talk about winning the right way. Bill has always done it the right way and I think most Cat fans appreciate that as much as the wins themselves. Maybe it is time for Bill to retire. That's not my call. I just hope that the next guy in line is another culture builder who will continue to make us proud. Not just of the wins, but of the young men the program produces and graduates. If we have to hire a crook to win... I for one would rather be a .500 team every year. Just one mans opinion. I know there are plenty of people who would gladly look the other way for a shot at a national championship.
Manage
Like · Reply · 58m
Rob Wells
Rob Wells This is why we can’t have nice things. Fans admittedly willing to accept mediocrity. You would never hear this at Alabama or USC and that’s why they’ve got more national championships than we have big 12 north championships.
Manage
Like · Reply · 43m
Nick Fuemmeler
Nick Fuemmeler Rob Wells because I want to win the right way? I don't like losing either. But I appreciate the fact that we have had a solid program not shrouded with controversy. And I don't know if you have toured the Vanier complex but we have a hell of a lot of nice things. As far as "accepting mediocrity" I guess integrity means more to me than trophies. I won't apologize for that. You must be one of those guys who would gladly look the other way. I guarantee that crap happens at Alabama and USC and people look the other way.
Manage
Like · Reply · 20m
Cindy Biehler
Cindy Biehler Rob Wells shame on you!
Manage
Like · Reply · 16m
Cindy Biehler
Cindy Biehler Nick Fuemmeler you are WISE BEYOND YOUR YEARS Nick! What you said is SPOT ON!
Manage
Like · Reply · 15m
Nick Fuemmeler
Nick Fuemmeler Cindy Biehler thank you.
Manage
Like · Reply · 14m
Cindy Biehler
Cindy Biehler Nick Fuemmeler matt was lucky to have you as a coach!

:billdance: :ksu: :gocho:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2018, 10:28:47 PM »
Nick and Cindy should just bang already

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2018, 10:48:11 PM »
Yeah, Nick’s most definitely gonna Fummeler.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline grainer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2018, 10:50:56 PM »
The viewpoint that dissenting opinions are invalid simply because there should be no questioning of a coach (or leader) are dangerous. No matter how great they have been...no one should ever be above reproach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2018, 08:34:50 AM »
Yeah, Nick’s most definitely gonna Fummeler.

:lol:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2018, 08:35:48 AM »
Fummeler, I just met her on this here internet thread!

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2018, 08:55:38 AM »
The viewpoint that dissenting opinions are invalid simply because there should be no questioning of a coach (or leader) are dangerous. No matter how great they have been...no one should ever be above reproach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been watching this great series on North Korea. There's a lot to be said for gerontocracy, never questioning your leaders and keeping things in the family at all costs.

:lynchmob:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2018, 09:22:57 AM »
Mean Gene says a decision will be made by the end of the week, maybe even Wednesday.   :billdance:

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article222224060.html
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:27:51 AM by Mikeyis4dcats »

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2018, 11:03:58 AM »
Mean Gene says a decision will be made by the end of the week, maybe even Wednesday.   :billdance:

trying not to overthink this........if he was staying, why wouldn't Gene have said so by now? ........Bill ask for a few days to "take care of some things" ........i read that as, he wants to inform people close to him and get out in front of this before the media leaks.........we should have a change by Friday  :runaway:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2018, 11:08:45 AM »
If we can get it done by Monday, I think we're still in good shape.  The only coaches getting hired now are ones that are desperate for any opportunity.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2018, 11:10:43 AM »

trying not to overthink this........if he was staying, why wouldn't Gene have said so by now? ........Bill ask for a few days to "take care of some things" ........i read that as, he wants to inform people close to him and get out in front of this before the media leaks.........we should have a change by Friday  :runaway:

For now, though, Taylor is leaving the choice to his Hall of Fame coach, who has won 215 games, been to 19 bowls, claimed two conference championships and turned a once-moribund program into a consistent winner since arriving at K-State in 1989.

“He deserves a lot of leeway in this decision, based on what he has done and what he means to the program,” Taylor said. “At the end of the day, it is myself and president (Richard) Myers (making the decision). We need to decide what is best for our football program. If it is him staying, then great. If it’s not, then we will have to work through that. But he gets a lot of leeway. I think people lose sight of that and forget what all he does. Right, wrong or indifferent, even if people disagree with it, I think he deserves a lot of leeway in this process.