Author Topic: Dillion's Bowl brought to you by Sunflower Kansas  (Read 20532 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dillion's Bowl brought to you by Sunflower Kansas
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2022, 06:14:08 PM »
To me, Brando is as good as any top tier announcer at a major network. And I love seeing people bitch about him.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2022, 06:18:02 PM »
Brando and Tillman are great. Admittedly Brandos style lends itself better to basketball but he is still very good at calling football and also he’s not an SEC fanboi shill (even tho he lives in Louisiana!)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2022, 06:21:48 PM »
To me, Brando is as good as any top tier announcer at a major network. And I love seeing people bitch about him.

exactly

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dillion's Bowl brought to you by Sunflower Kansas
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2022, 07:32:33 PM »
Come on, Brando is just collecting checks at the point.

He would be perfectly fine, but then he decides to ramble off into areas that he's woefully uninformed about. 

Too Cool for Schoolers trying way way too rough ridin' hard right now
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 09:15:50 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2022, 07:54:40 PM »
I love Brando but he has the same peanut butter stuck in throat thing that ails Matt wolters

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2022, 09:35:45 PM »
sorry, Brando is way better than most of the generic pbp dudes out there. don't know why people get so upset at him

Unless it's Gus I don't care, I tend to watch most games on mute anyways, I hate random commentary unless I need to know something and I'll unmute it. In general agree, most pbp is w/e on TV
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2022, 10:02:11 PM »
It's fine to have no issue with Brando as long as you acknowledge that you also have no issue with him being an ill prepared, sensitive, blowhard. I suspect the people who have no issue with him find comfort in the familiarity of his voice, which is fine. That being said he either doesn't prepare for his games or his age catches up with him and he forgets.

And this is by no means just a K-State thing. Listen to his non K-State games, check his mentions every week, every game he does people have the same complaints. Today, he was catching strays from Oregon and Washington fans and he didn't even do games for either of them this past weekend.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2022, 08:17:27 AM »
It's fine to have no issue with Brando as long as you acknowledge that you also have no issue with him being an ill prepared, sensitive, blowhard. I suspect the people who have no issue with him find comfort in the familiarity of his voice, which is fine. That being said he either doesn't prepare for his games or his age catches up with him and he forgets.

And this is by no means just a K-State thing. Listen to his non K-State games, check his mentions every week, every game he does people have the same complaints. Today, he was catching strays from Oregon and Washington fans and he didn't even do games for either of them this past weekend.
I always associate Brando with the Sun Bowl. I watch hardly any football on CBS.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2022, 08:30:04 AM »

yes, agree with all of that and he's definitely lost a few steps.

I will also say that at this point ksu fans continually bitching about him is more annoying to me than his actually announcing at this point.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2022, 09:22:04 AM »
Most of the time I could care less.  Last Saturday I watched the game on my IPad from a sports bar because a construction crew cut the fiber cable and the power line that feeds my hood.  (Big fine and bill headed their way).

But for certain games of import I kind of enjoy having competent announcers. 

Brando ain’t it.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2022, 01:03:13 PM »
Brando is not good, but Spencer Tillman is the absolute dumbest/laziest announcer in sports. I had the misfortune of being in the booth with him for a game when he was paired with KSU alum Craig Bolerjack (also not the sharpest tool in the shed) and Tillman was unbelievably bad. No preparation, no understanding of game flow, no clue who is who on each team or key personnel, etc. And, no interest in becoming more informed during the course of the game.

Tillman is the equivalent of creating an AI robot that just randomly spits out football cliches/phrases with no situational understanding/context.

Pairing him with a geriatric/doesn't care anymore Brando is a really bad twosome. It's why they've been the undercard of announcers for nearly a decade.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2022, 02:28:31 PM »
Sad we didn’t get my man Brock.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2022, 03:19:41 PM »
Brando is not good, but Spencer Tillman is the absolute dumbest/laziest announcer in sports. I had the misfortune of being in the booth with him for a game when he was paired with KSU alum Craig Bolerjack (also not the sharpest tool in the shed) and Tillman was unbelievably bad. No preparation, no understanding of game flow, no clue who is who on each team or key personnel, etc. And, no interest in becoming more informed during the course of the game.

Tillman is the equivalent of creating an AI robot that just randomly spits out football cliches/phrases with no situational understanding/context.

Pairing him with a geriatric/doesn't care anymore Brando is a really bad twosome. It's why they've been the undercard of announcers for nearly a decade.

Well said

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Dillion's Bowl brought to you by Sunflower Kansas
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2022, 05:42:17 PM »
UT could lose to anyone. They are not very consistent.
Definitely. Given that, there is a not terrible chance that we will have secured a Sugar Bowl berth before our game even kicks off.

The most important game of the year is Saturday. I feel no shame in circling the KU game every year. Snyder understood that, and Dlew and the DU’s from his year can tell you to what length Snyder was willing to go in pursuit of victory against KU. Realignment has shown us how important rivalries are.  I want to be a college football fan in a world where the game against your in-state rival is the most important game of the year.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2022, 06:09:41 PM »
UT could lose to anyone. They are not very consistent.
Definitely. Given that, there is a not terrible chance that we will have secured a Sugar Bowl berth before our game even kicks off.

The most important game of the year is Saturday. I feel no shame in circling the KU game every year. Snyder understood that, and Dlew and the DU’s from his year can tell you to what length Snyder was willing to go in pursuit of victory against KU. Realignment has shown us how important rivalries are.  I want to be a college football fan in a world where the game against your in-state rival is the most important game of the year.

Yes. We must always to everything within our means to absolutely piss pound KU into pulp whenever we play them. The goal should be a woodshed beating every time. The success of the program depends on it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2022, 09:07:02 PM »
I understand the words you are saying, but I also am conflicted about playing some of our starters if the game has zero impact on our Big 12 title or NY6 bowl prospects. It would be a kind of unique spot.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2022, 09:08:00 PM »
All that said, Texas could just moot the discussion by beating Baylor.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2022, 09:30:00 PM »
I understand the words you are saying, but I also am conflicted about playing some of our starters if the game has zero impact on our Big 12 title or NY6 bowl prospects. It would be a kind of unique spot.

Had we beaten texas this is true, but we have to win, I would never bank on some other team getting us the spot
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2022, 09:42:04 PM »
A 55-14 beatdown would make this Cat fan very happy.
@mikec2w

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2022, 09:45:09 PM »

Had we beaten texas this is true, but we have to win, I would never bank on some other team getting us the spot
We will know by kickoff whether the Cats are contractually guaranteed a spot. We’re the last team to play.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2022, 10:04:20 PM »
If we rest players to get better positioning for the sugar bowl or b12 title, Klieman should be fired immediately. What a silly notion.
:adios:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2022, 10:06:52 PM »
If we rest players to get better positioning for the sugar bowl or b12 title, Klieman should be fired immediately. What a silly notion.

We have to play without two starting safeties, we ain’t resting anybody.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2022, 10:17:05 PM »
If Texas loses on Friday we shouldn’t play any starters. The game would mean nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2022, 10:22:16 PM »
If Texas loses on Friday we shouldn’t play any starters. The game would mean nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loser
:adios: