Author Topic: We got to beat Texass  (Read 7327 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: We got to beat Texass
« Reply #400 on: November 05, 2023, 11:45:47 AM »
It would have been a bold and daring call with nfl OT rules, knowing you might not get the ball back if you kick a fg to tie.
With cfb OT rules it was just artificially putting the entire game on a 4th and 4 even though you could kick a short fg and get the ball back again with new downs

Kick that automatic field goal, right?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 05, 2023, 11:46:52 AM »
It would have been a bold and daring call with nfl OT rules, knowing you might not get the ball back if you kick a fg to tie.
With cfb OT rules it was just artificially putting the entire game on a 4th and 4 even though you could kick a short fg and get the ball back again with new downs

Any lies detected in my post?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 05, 2023, 01:05:11 PM »

Any lies detected in my post?

I mean these are all opinions, so no, no lies in yours or anyone elses.

For the record, I think that going for the win there was a good play, not right or wrong, regardless of the kicker or what he did or didn't do earlier in the game. It's worth noting that for the season we average 6 yards per play and for the game we were averaging 4.9 yards per play. Thinking you could get 4 yards to win the game isn't some radical concept.