Author Topic: welp....this is gonna be lol  (Read 14425 times)

Offline zackole1

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: welp....this is gonna be lol
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2018, 05:13:33 PM »
Snyder is ruining his legacy

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2018, 05:15:04 PM »
We've always been a little short on talent but I can't remember a team looking less explosive on both sides of the ball in years.

This is basically the same offense from last year, and they weren't close to this bad. Why are we pretending it's just a lack of talent?
Oh coaches are part of it for sure. I didn't have a giant boner for this offense last year FWIW either. I did think they would take a nice step forward, which clearly hasn't happened.

They've taken two steps back. Unless there is a miraculous turnaround, Coleman and Klein need to go back to position coaches.
You've convinced me, they're a very talented group.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I mean, Coleman is so obviously a coaching God, too.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
We could have Chip Kelly and Urban Meyer himself calling plays for us and the score would be about the same.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2018, 05:18:44 PM »
We've always been a little short on talent but I can't remember a team looking less explosive on both sides of the ball in years.

This is basically the same offense from last year, and they weren't close to this bad. Why are we pretending it's just a lack of talent?
Oh coaches are part of it for sure. I didn't have a giant boner for this offense last year FWIW either. I did think they would take a nice step forward, which clearly hasn't happened.

They've taken two steps back. Unless there is a miraculous turnaround, Coleman and Klein need to go back to position coaches.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I mean, Coleman is so obviously a coaching God, too.
Do people talk slower to you than they do others?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Panther

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2018, 05:19:32 PM »
MVP this year will be the kicker!

Offline Panther

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2018, 05:20:53 PM »
MVP this year will be the kicker!

He’s being coached by Sean, our savior!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2018, 05:23:21 PM »
A lot of coaching happens outside of play calling, and I have no doubt our coordinators are doing a very bad job of that too.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2018, 05:23:49 PM »
Alabama could run the same exact same offensive play sequences as we called and would be beating WVU by 20+.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2018, 05:24:08 PM »

It's okay to admit that Coleman and Klein aren't good offensive coaches. It doesn't make you a bad person.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2018, 05:25:51 PM »
Alabama could run the same exact same offensive play sequences as we called and would be beating WVU by 20+.

And there we have the LOL

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2018, 05:26:43 PM »

It's okay to admit that Coleman and Klein aren't good offensive coaches. It doesn't make you a bad person.
They may or may not be good (all signs point to them being mediocre LHC Bill Snyder clones), but they're not the reason we're losing by 30.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2018, 05:28:33 PM »

You've quoted me agreeing with that ya dipshit
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2018, 05:32:08 PM »

They may or may not be good (all signs point to them being mediocre LHC Bill Snyder clones), but they're not the reason we're losing by 30.

Dimel had the same talent last year, and no one believes he was anything other than mediocre. If the coaches change and the players stay the same, then it's pretty easy to figure out why the offense looks worse.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2018, 05:34:14 PM »

So you're really going to pretend your post wasn't shitty sarcasm, or that I ever said the players were talented? That's a weird thing to do, but okay.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2018, 05:41:33 PM »
 :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Offline jc_jax

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2018, 05:50:15 PM »
Maybe Delton can win the starting job back at least.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2018, 05:52:55 PM »
Holgorsen could have put up 70 on us if he had wanted to.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2018, 05:58:28 PM »

So you're really going to pretend your post wasn't shitty sarcasm, or that I ever said the players were talented? That's a weird thing to do, but okay.
You're incredibly dense, bro. No it wasn't sarcasm, the coaches are a problem too. But the offense wasn't juggernaut of talent last year either.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2018, 06:04:21 PM »
I think BOTH our coaching and recruiting sucks.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2018, 06:05:21 PM »
I mean the OL was ok last year and should have been somewhat better considering everyone returned but they are clearly worse.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2018, 06:07:48 PM »
I think at least 3 out of 4 fbs coaches would have been able to take over this team in January and have a better team right now than Bill has.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2018, 06:09:18 PM »
I mean the OL was ok last year and should have been somewhat better considering everyone returned but they are clearly worse.
Other teams just improved a lot more.  We rise at a slope of 1/2, our opponents at a slope of 2.  That's one aspect of  talent that I think gets way overlooked.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »

Other teams just improved a lot more.  We rise at a slope of 1/2, our opponents at a slope of 2.  That's one aspect of  talent that I think gets way overlooked.

Yeah that is a factor but this OL looks worse than any in recent memory and I don't think that is all attributable to poor talent.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2018, 06:19:20 PM »

Yeah that is a factor but this OL looks worse than any in recent memory and I don't think that is all attributable to poor talent.
Like, other coaches add new wrinkles and adjust at higher rates each year, too.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2018, 06:22:58 PM »

Like, other coaches add new wrinkles and adjust at higher rates each year, too.
Sure but I don't think any wrinkles would have mattered.