Author Topic: Miss ST... the Iowa State of the SEC  (Read 16066 times)

Offline Trailer Trash

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Miss ST... the Iowa State of the SEC
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2018, 12:52:46 PM »
I'm not sure that I believe that Zv2 is really and truly an Ol' Miss fan who's sole purpose is to troll the Mississippi A&M Aggies....

Mr. Zv2 - would you kindly post a pic of yourself in your khaki shorts, topsiders, plaid button down and pom poms, please?

Go to NAFOOM (Ole Miss message board) and you'll know it's him in an instant. Non stop blabber BS about how obsessed MSU is with Ole Miss, but when you factor in his, and the entire OM fan base's, lack of self awareness, it'll all make sense to you.

Offline Trailer Trash

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2018, 12:57:24 PM »

- neither have ever won more than 10 games in one season
- conference bottom feeders, haven't won their conference in modern era
- crap hole towns/states
- can't keep their good head coaches
- old crap stadiums
- football is not the #1 sport
- generally regarded as a loser school

:flush:

Literally fake news.

We haven't kept our best coaches, but how many teams have? They normally get hired away. No one wants to hire LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder lmao and look what happened when he stepped away for a bit. Miss St actually  held on to one of the best coaches of all time for too long-Jackie Sherrill.

Everything else you said was 100% inaccurate and you ought to be embarrassed for posting it. In fact, if I was the moderator of this board, you would be banned for posting for the rest of the week in fear you embarrass the entire fan base.
This may just indeed be the greatest post ever on this shittiest message board ever.

Hahahaha he said fake news! My argument is destroyed :(

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well when was the last time Iowa State was ranked #1? What about KSU? I'll hang up and listen.

MSU debuted #1 and held it for 5 weeks (I think) in the inaugural CFP rankings. Also, what else is Iowa State competitive in other than basketball? We're just as good in basketball as Iowa State although we've spent several years in the cellar. Good times are coming. Look at our current head coach (Ben Howland) and the past couple years results showing MASSIVE improvement and factor in elite recruiting classes, we are set up very favorably. Our women's basketball team just played in back to back national championship games and was a buzzer beater away from winning it this year. We beat UCONN the year before and ended their 100+ game win streak.

I think our baseball program speaks for itself. We were a win away from the CWS finals and lost to the eventual national champions. Oh, and go take a look at our baseball stadium renovations under way.

So, yes, comparing Iowa State to MSU and trying to say we are "the Iowa State of the SEC" is fake news and shows how utterly clueless you are to what goes on outside the borders of the God forsaken, land locked land mass that is called Kansas.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2018, 01:02:04 PM »
Still no conference titles tho :(...

Offline Trailer Trash

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2018, 01:05:47 PM »

Do you think that's gonna save you from the ass beating you're about to get Saturday? If KSU played in the SEC West, I doubt you guys would have one winning record since the year 2000.

On the contrary, MSU would have most certainly won the Big12 in 2014 (we were ranked #1 that year and #2 in SECW) and most likely won it many other times such as: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2014 come to mind.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »
You lost to 2 Big XII teams in 1998.  And the two teams you lost to sucked balls and ball sacks.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2018, 01:12:58 PM »
I mean we might lose that's for sure, but as the end of the day we know who the more successful program is, the one with actual conference titles.

I don't think anyone will sweat over an upset loss this weekend, just like Alabama knows it's a better program than Ole Miss.

Offline Trailer Trash

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2018, 01:15:29 PM »
You lost to 2 Big XII teams in 1998.  And the two teams you lost to sucked balls and ball sacks.

Lost on the road at Okie State early. Lost to Texas in a let down game after losing in the SECCG to eventual national champion Tennessee.

One thing that sucked about Jackie Sherrill (HC at the time) is he was due for at least 1 let down a year. Very frustrating. Also good for at least one upset a year.

I think we would have had no trouble finishing at the top of the Big 12 South standings that year.

Offline A Real Bulldogs Fan

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2018, 01:18:39 PM »
Obviously these guys don't watch much football outside of Kansas, but we have put up some impressive seasons:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/5-best-seasons-mississippi-state-history/

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2018, 01:21:41 PM »

- crap hole towns/states
- old crap stadiums

Literally fake news.

We haven't kept our best coaches, but how many teams have? They normally get hired away. No one wants to hire LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder lmao and look what happened when he stepped away for a bit. Miss St actually  held on to one of the best coaches of all time for too long-Jackie Sherrill.

Everything else you said was 100% inaccurate and you ought to be embarrassed for posting it. In fact, if I was the moderator of this board, you would be banned for posting for the rest of the week in fear you embarrass the entire fan base.
This may just indeed be the greatest post ever on this shittiest message board ever.

Well when was the last time Iowa State was ranked #1? What about KSU? I'll hang up and listen.

MSU debuted #1 and held it for 5 weeks (I think) in the inaugural CFP rankings. Also, what else is Iowa State competitive in other than basketball? We're just as good in basketball as Iowa State although we've spent several years in the cellar. Good times are coming. Look at our current head coach (Ben Howland) and the past couple years results showing MASSIVE improvement and factor in elite recruiting classes, we are set up very favorably. Our women's basketball team just played in back to back national championship games and was a buzzer beater away from winning it this year. We beat UCONN the year before and ended their 100+ game win streak.

I think our baseball program speaks for itself. We were a win away from the CWS finals and lost to the eventual national champions. Oh, and go take a look at our baseball stadium renovations under way.

So, yes, comparing Iowa State to MSU and trying to say we are "the Iowa State of the SEC" is fake news and shows how utterly clueless you are to what goes on outside the borders of the God forsaken, land locked land mass that is called Kansas.

Hmm well we've been #1 multiple times in my life well into Nov/Dec so it's hard for me to keep track.

You see you were number one for 3 weeks big props to you, but have only been ranked in the CFP for 12 weeks total since 2014 during arguably the greatest stretch in your football history. Meanwhile kstate has had relatively unsuccessful years (for an elite program with multiple conf champs, 11 win seasons, etc) and have been ranked as high as #7 and have been on the playoff ranking for seven weeks. We also passed you in the cfp rankings on week 14 in 2014, lol. For reference that was kstates like 10th best team in the past 20 years at that point.

So like your greatest efforts are a tad better than our version of mediocrity.

Also I stopped reading after you started talking about bball, even though we went to the elite 8, again, we don't really care about it (again, blue blood football program).

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2018, 01:25:27 PM »

Lost on the road at Okie State early. Lost to Texas in a let down game after losing in the SECCG to eventual national champion Tennessee.

One thing that sucked about Jackie Sherrill (HC at the time) is he was due for at least 1 let down a year. Very frustrating. Also good for at least one upset a year.

I think we would have had no trouble finishing at the top of the Big 12 South standings that year.

Those 2 teams finished 4th and 8th in the Big XII that year.  They were awful.  We beat them by a combined 73 points.  You lost by a combined 46 points.  Which means we would have beaten you by 119 points that year.  #Science

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2018, 01:29:48 PM »
I don't think they understand how bragging works  :frown:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2018, 01:39:23 PM »
they should be even more like iowa state and brag about things non-sports related, start there

Offline Trailer Trash

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2018, 01:40:10 PM »

- crap hole towns/states
- old crap stadiums

Literally fake news.

We haven't kept our best coaches, but how many teams have? They normally get hired away. No one wants to hire LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder lmao and look what happened when he stepped away for a bit. Miss St actually  held on to one of the best coaches of all time for too long-Jackie Sherrill.

Hmm well we've been #1 multiple times in my life well into Nov/Dec so it's hard for me to keep track.

You see you were number one for 3 weeks big props to you, but have only been ranked in the CFP for 12 weeks total since 2014 during arguably the greatest stretch in your football history. Meanwhile kstate has had relatively unsuccessful years (for an elite program with multiple conf champs, 11 win seasons, etc) and have been ranked as high as #7 and have been on the playoff ranking for seven weeks. We also passed you in the cfp rankings on week 14 in 2014, lol. For reference that was kstates like 10th best team in the past 20 years at that point.

Also I stopped reading after you started talking about bball, even though we went to the elite 8, again, we don't really care about it (again, blue blood football program).

Well, you're wrong we were ranked #1 for 5 weeks. Splitting hairs maybe but still we've been RELEVANT and KSU simply hasn't. Dude you're just like Ole Miss fans living in the past. You think KSU is an ELITE program? You're F'ing crazy and delusional.

We know what's gonna happen when LHC Bill Snyder steps down. KSU will turn into the dumpster fire it was when he stepped away for a few years. You think you're program is "elite" when you recruit at such a low level and hardly put any players in the NFL.

Keep living in the past though, because the past is clearly brighter than the future for your program.

Personally, I'm very grateful to be living in the PRESENT, which may be the best MSU football has ever been, no doubt in the modern era. KSU is one of the worst programs in all of college football without Bill Synder, who again would get demolished in the SEC with his crap level recruiting.

Btw, I mentioned all the other elite athletic programs at Miss St because that was the point of this whole thread. Some idiot tried to draw a comparison and absolutely fell miserably like every other post on this God forsaken message board, which has to be on par with what I would expect from a Miami Ohio message board. It may actually be worse since Ohio cares about football.

Offline Trailer Trash

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2018, 01:46:30 PM »
I don't think they understand how bragging works  :frown:

LMAO, 95% of the "bragging" you 10 fans on this board have even done is about being a few spots better than MS in bad statistical categories.

Congrats on being the 45th worst state instead of the 49th or 50th in the bad statistical categories. What does that get you? Oh it gets you Bill F'ing Synder. I bet Ron Prince would take the job again though. Probably best KSU could do.

I can honestly say I would rather live in MS than Kansas. I actually don't live in MS anymore thank God though. But Mississippi at least has world class music, food, people and culture. Kansas has.....I got nothing.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2018, 02:00:29 PM »

- crap hole towns/states
- old crap stadiums

Literally fake news.

We haven't kept our best coaches, but how many teams have? They normally get hired away. No one wants to hire LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder lmao and look what happened when he stepped away for a bit. Miss St actually  held on to one of the best coaches of all time for too long-Jackie Sherrill.

Well, you're wrong we were ranked #1 for 5 weeks. Splitting hairs maybe but still we've been RELEVANT and KSU simply hasn't. Dude you're just like Ole Miss fans living in the past. You think KSU is an ELITE program? You're F'ing crazy and delusional.

We know what's gonna happen when LHC Bill Snyder steps down. KSU will turn into the dumpster fire it was when he stepped away for a few years. You think you're program is "elite" when you recruit at such a low level and hardly put any players in the NFL.

Keep living in the past though, because the past is clearly brighter than the future for your program.

Personally, I'm very grateful to be living in the PRESENT, which may be the best MSU football has ever been, no doubt in the modern era. KSU is one of the worst programs in all of college football without Bill Synder, who again would get demolished in the SEC with his crap level recruiting.

Btw, I mentioned all the other elite athletic programs at Miss St because that was the point of this whole thread. Some idiot tried to draw a comparison and absolutely fell miserably like every other post on this God forsaken message board, which has to be on par with what I would expect from a Miami Ohio message board. It may actually be worse since Ohio cares about football.

It was 3 weeks. I'm a bit embarrassed for you, and saddened, to be that excited for 9 win football teams is pathetic.

Offline MIZMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2018, 02:09:54 PM »
Can you imagine bringing up an 8-5 season from 20 years ago to brag about your program? 

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2018, 02:11:46 PM »
WORLD CLASS

Offline A Real Bulldogs Fan

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2018, 02:14:06 PM »
I'd like to see how many KSU fans would be in the stands if you had the seasons we did.  I don't think we'll ever take 8-9 win season for granted.

Offline Trailer Trash

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2018, 02:16:57 PM »

- crap hole towns/states
- old crap stadiums

Literally fake news.

We haven't kept our best coaches, but how many teams have? They normally get hired away. No one wants to hire LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder lmao and look what happened when he stepped away for a bit. Miss St actually  held on to one of the best coaches of all time for too long-Jackie Sherrill.

We know what's gonna happen when LHC LHC Bill Snyder steps down. KSU will turn into the dumpster fire it was when he stepped away for a few years. You think you're program is "elite" when you recruit at such a low level and hardly put any players in the NFL.

It was 3 weeks. I'm a bit embarrassed for you, and saddened, to be that excited for 9 win football teams is pathetic.

You just cayn't read good can ya?

We were number 1 for 5 weeks in some fashion. (3 in CFP and 5 in AP/Coaches) I'll admit I FINALLY made some sort of "mistake." I know how much you guys like to live in 2003 and further back, so I suppose this is a very important admission by me.

We won 10 games not 9 in 2014 and went to the Orange Bowl.

We've been to 8 straight bowl games, soon to be 9 after this year. All your 4th place finishes in the shitty shitty Big 12 North the past several years have us really nervous. (sarcasm for you slow pokes)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2018, 02:18:00 PM »

Do you think that's gonna save you from the ass beating you're about to get Saturday? If KSU played in the SEC West, I doubt you guys would have one winning record since the year 2000.

On the contrary, MSU would have most certainly won the Big12 in 2014 (we were ranked #1 that year and #2 in SECW) and most likely won it many other times such as: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2014 come to mind.

This entire talking point lost all merit when perennial middle of the pack .500 Big XII teams Mizzou & Aggy showed up in the SEC & immediately started wrecking shop.

:dubious:
bears are fast...

Offline jc_jax

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2018, 02:25:44 PM »
Obviously these guys don't watch much football outside of Kansas, but we have put up some impressive seasons:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/5-best-seasons-mississippi-state-history/

Don't click that.  Virus alert.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2018, 02:33:58 PM »
You just cayn't read good can ya?

We were number 1 for 5 weeks in some fashion. (3 in CFP and 5 in AP/Coaches) I'll admit I FINALLY made some sort of "mistake." I know how much you guys like to live in 2003 and further back, so I suppose this is a very important admission by me.

We won 10 games not 9 in 2014 and went to the Orange Bowl.

We've been to 8 straight bowl games, soon to be 9 after this year. All your 4th place finishes in the shitty shitty Big 12 North the past several years have us really nervous. (sarcasm for you slow pokes)

So wait are we living in the present or 2014? or is it still 2014 in Mississippi?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2018, 02:38:44 PM »
One thing that makes Mississippi State like Iowa State is that they both flood a lot. But this joke hits a little too close to home so let's move on.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2018, 02:41:49 PM »

Yes, by Iowa State standards... quite impressive.

bears are fast...

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2018, 02:44:37 PM »
You guys still have Dak Prescott? He was good for you guys a few years ago. Senior this year?  Could be tougher than I thought!